Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've thought since this saga began, Ellis will only be departing in his box.

You can't take it with you, so where would be the hurry in selling from his point of view? I was just hoping that he would not drag this one out, let's hope Mr Neville is shortly in a position to make him an offer he can't refuse.

As I've thought since this saga began, Ellis will only be departing in his box.

You can't take it with you, so where would be the hurry in selling from his point of view? I was just hoping that he would not drag this one out, let's hope Mr Neville is shortly in a position to make him an offer he can't refuse.

He seems to be able to refuse every possible offer. Probably even the reapers offer. :?

Fact is, if it was dead aqt this moment, the stock exchange HAS to be informed.

It hasn't been.

I don't think Ellis is in any shape what so ever to sell his shares at the moment.

Not necessarily John, my understanding is that AVIL have to make the announcement - AVFC only have to make an announcement if more than 1% of the shareholding is sold during the "bid situation" and if no party makes any announcement regarding sufficient acceptances up to 1pm on Day 60 then the whole situation can lapse (Rule 31.6)

now looking at the statement that AVIL made on Dec 30th that is when the clock would start to tick

He seems to be able to refuse every possible offer. Probably even the reapers offer.

Pelle, expect him to say shortly that the Grim Reaper turned up at his home late one night and pleaded with me to go with him, but in the end he realised the club could not do without me (I showed him the letters I had from fans who support me) you know the Reaper is like a son to me, I taught him everything he knows. :winkold:

He seems to be able to refuse every possible offer. Probably even the reapers offer.

Pelle, expect him to say shortly that the Grim Reaper turned up at his home late one night and pleaded with me to go with him, but in the end he realised the club could not do without me (I showed him the letters I had from fans who support me) you know the Reaper is like a son to me, I taught him everything he knows. :winkold:

:crylaugh:

:lol::lol: Well, we can for sure know that he invented hell too, so he can go whenever he wants to.

OK, but the same thing applies.

AVIL need to make a statement to the stock market if its over.

The only statements they've ever made is to say its still on track.

Err..... isn't AVIL the group that's doing the bidding? That is, Michael Neville, not the Comers. He seems to want to take over the club and apparently will look to other investors if the Comers pull out.

As such, you won't get an announcement until - like Ranson - he gives up (fails to find backing) and walks away.

If the Comers do pull out, I'd be surprised if Neville could find other investors. After all, if Ranson couldn't find them for 45mill when we were 6th.....

looking at the statement that AVIL made on Dec 30th that is when the clock would start to tick

Would Ray Ranson's 6 month period that he is excluded from making another bid for the club be over within that 60 day period? And if so, could Neville approach him about part funding the present bid?

OK, but the same thing applies.

AVIL need to make a statement to the stock market if its over.

The only statements they've ever made is to say its still on track.

Err..... isn't AVIL the group that's doing the bidding? That is, Michael Neville, not the Comers. He seems to want to take over the club and apparently will look to other investors if the Comers pull out.

As such, you won't get an announcement until - like Ranson - he gives up (fails to find backing) and walks away.

If the Comers do pull out, I'd be surprised if Neville could find other investors. After all, if Ranson couldn't find them for 45mill when we were 6th.....

It is AVIL who need to make the statement but not necessarily to the LSE as no actual bid has been placed, they can just say "feck & ar$e" and walk away without saying a single word and after 60 days it is automatically closed - however if they ot the Villa make another statement via the LSE then the 60 days can start again if anything is worded slightly different. Now I can see Ellis doing this as whilst a takeover looks like it could happen the shareprice continues to be kept high(er) & he can get more money!

IMO opinion HDE is trying to find someone who loves the club and doesn't realise this is 2005 & football is run by business men (most of whom speculate to accumulate!!) and they want a profit out of land, tickets etc. etc.

IMO opinion HDE is trying to find someone who loves the club and doesn't realise this is 2005 & football is run by business men (most of whom speculate to accumulate!!) and they want a profit out of land, tickets etc. etc.

Hmmm can't agree on that, £lies is still trying to get the best deal possible for himself and himself alone. For once its not £lies thats pulling away from this deal its the primary investors of AVIL (the Comers) because they dont think their interest in the deal (the associated land) is worth the investment and given the previous planning permission fiasco they are probably right about that.

But moving on to Neville finding other investors, even if he does I don't think I want him as chairman, Yes he's a Villa man, Yes he has the best interess of the cluyb at heart but ultimately he won't have that much power as his backers could decide to pull the plug at anytime. If Neville was to take charge, in chairman terms he'd be just like Bill Kenwright constantly looking for outside investment to try and keep the club moving along and in all likelyhood he'd be failing in the task as its not easy to find investors inf football as our many failed taleover attempts have shown (as have Kenwrights continual investment announcement bungles for that matter)

What we really need is someone who is financially strong in themselves and can commit his own funding in the short to medium term whilst trying to build the club but unfortunately the club being a PLC does hinder this type of takeover.

But moving on to Neville finding other investors, even if he does I don't think I want him as chairman, Yes he's a Villa man, Yes he has the best interess of the cluyb at heart but ultimately he won't have that much power as his backers could decide to pull the plug at anytime. If Neville was to take charge, in chairman terms he'd be just like Bill Kenwright constantly looking for outside investment to try and keep the club moving along and in all likelyhood he'd be failing in the task as its not easy to find investors inf football as our many failed taleover attempts have shown (as have Kenwrights continual investment announcement bungles for that matter)

this is a great point, but surely it wont be as bad as we are now, cant even afford 500k for bakke?

Hmmm can't agree on that, £lies is still trying to get the best deal possible for himself and himself alone. For once its not £lies thats pulling away from this deal its the primary investors of AVIL (the Comers) because they dont think their interest in the deal (the associated land) is worth the investment and given the previous planning permission fiasco they are probably right about that.

What we really need is someone who is financially strong in themselves and can commit his own funding in the short to medium term whilst trying to build the club but unfortunately the club being a PLC does hinder this type of takeover.

Bicks, You are absolutely right imo on whether ellies is trying to find someone "who loves the club" - the money grabbing bastard will sell to whoever meets his asking price. I am still staggered that some people believed all the spin that ellies puts out

As regards finding someone who "can commit his own funding in the short to medium term" In an ideal world I again agree but in the absence of this single wealthy individual there is also a lot to be said for having an avid Villa fan as chairman representing a consortium of investors. Bill Kenwright inherited a load of debt - that wouldnt the case at Villa.

The Abromavitch's of this world are far a few between - even Glazier at ManUSA used financiers to raise the money rather than his own.

A consortium of wealthy (if not super wealthy) individuals could imo work.

I'm not saying that Ellis isn't looking out for himself my point was meant to read that he is stuck in a timewarp business wise. I couldn't agree more about the Comers pulling out re: the land we own. As a mate of mine pointed out it would be like trying to re-develop Moss Side for Citeh!

Scares me to death!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

this is a great point, but surely it wont be as bad as we are now, cant even afford 500k for bakke?

Bickster that is a really scary thought - Demitri whilst I agree it is farcical we can't get hold of £1/2m to sign Bakke (wasted cash IMO anyway!) having a chairman who has to scrape together the cash is more of a scary prospect - we could find that money in a heartbeat and we all know it, we do have the ability to get the cash if we wanted to it is just HDE has chosen not too

From Ic Brum

Ellis has new operation

Jan 11 2006

Doug Ellis at his book signing

VILLA chairman Doug Ellis has undergone what he describes as a minor hospital operation.

And the 82-year-old chairman has dismissed rumours that his health is in doubt.

Ellis underwent surgery on Monday and said: "I'm fine. I had a procedure under anaesthetic on Monday. The main thing is it was non-malignant.

"It was just a very small operation. Certainly nothing like the the big one, the heart by-pass.

It is clear that there is not a mega wealthy benfactor out there who is going to spend £50m+ on the club, the only way we can be tookover is through an investment firm ala ENIC or a consortuim. The facts are as simple as that and if anyone is going judge the next owners on whether they 'care' about the club as we do will be dissing every single approach that comes along.

Unless of course you believe the fanciful Trust can somehow perusade Ellis just to simply hand over his shares :crylaugh:

Unless of course you believe the fanciful Trust can somehow perusade Ellis just to simply hand over his shares

This is getting silly now, I mean Ellis can't go on much longer he's gonna have to go sometime isn't he? So perhaps this consortium is the best way forward because no one else is showing any interest. Surely they'll have the clubs best interests at heart?

JUST **** OFF ELLIS!!! ARRRRGGGGHHH! :bang: