1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

And what if it had been David Cameron........

I'm sorry - didn't I answer that just? ................... mumbles something about being a thicko .......... Note: Said for :-) effect

The lady in question comes out with comments apparently about Eastern Europeans and immigration - a very emotive subject and one that is often associated with bigots of this world - see UKIP / BNP policy etc. Brown states in what he thought was a private moment the B word and the media throw that out asap. Brown quickly apologies and now its apparently a major issue.

If Cameron had said the same then so be it and I suspect that certain media outlets would not have shown the same "outrage".

So Mike - are you appalled by Browns actions here?

I know we can all shake hands with a baby and kiss a pensioners head or something like that ......

So the woman is a bigot Ian, have you read the transcript of the discussion?

I can guess what your actual response would have been had it been Cameron and not Brown.

I am not appalled by Gordons comments, but he had on a Sky Microphone for a reason.

Its a bit like Kerry Katona or Jordan going to the press every 5 minutes and then when things go wrong start asking for privacy.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically though views of people like the BNP, UKIP and such like have a view on immigration, especially from eastern Europe. Those views are not the ones of the tolerant, but those of the bigot. If Brown thinks that woman had shown at that time bigotted (SP?) views and said so in a private conversation then so be it.

So having an opinion, any opinion on immigration from eastern europe now makes you a bigot? Unless you know exactly what the woman said to Brown how can you possibly jump to the conclusion that she is a bigot.

Its a good job he didnt call her fat....................

Read / Seen and studied for all of a couple of minutes. Making issues out of eastern european immigration is that of the bigot parties, ie. UKIP and the BNP. Does that make her a bigot - that is up to you to decide based on what you think about immigration.

Is this a big issue with Brown calling her that? - no not really?

Will the Tory led media make it a big issue? - absolutely

Will those who dislike Brown on VT make it a big issue? - again absolutely

If Cameron or Osborne had said it, would those VT'ers who are aching to get a Tory gvmt in power been on defending him? - Absolutely?

Would I have commented on Cameron and Osborne? - probably and made fun of them

I remember so many of the Tory "fans" on VT making defensive comments about Big Bad Boris when he said those racist remarks previously and how we were told it was not a bad thing / off the record / blah blah blah. Maybe they were right, all depends on what you see as being acceptable and what not I suppose.

So having an opinion, any opinion on immigration from eastern europe now makes you a bigot? Unless you know exactly what the woman said to Brown how can you possibly jump to the conclusion that she is a bigot.

Its a good job he didnt call her fat....................

That is for you to decide Mike and the context of what was said. I know from experience what your views are - or at least were on immigration and the support you said previously for Enoch Powell so I suspect that you and I will have differing views on what is bigotted view and what isn't. As I said to you at that time, you and I differ and nothing I say will change your mind and certainly nothing you say would change mine in supporting that sort of viewpoint

But no one has said "any views" so why did you type that?

As for calling her fat ............... I notice she didn't jog on ....... then again I am sitting here eating a cream cake so I can talk PAH!

What's the latest?.... can't be bothered to tune into Sky News. Working in office.

I know Greece is going down the pan as a nice backdrop but just wondered what scandals had been unearthed?

Calling somebody a bigot for her views without actually knowing what she said strikes me as being a bit, erm....bigoted.

Who is that pointed at?

Anybody calling her a bigot without knowing what she said.

Calling somebody a bigot for her views without actually knowing what she said strikes me as being a bit, erm....bigoted.

Who is that pointed at?

Anybody calling her a bigot without knowing what she said.

Like who?

As regards immigration - It has nothing to do with who they are - I couldn't care less whether someone is black, brown, white, pink, green whatever - they are all the same to me.

However the EU opened the floodgates and TBH the UK will sink with the heaving population we have on our shores if we're not careful. What is it now? 60 Million and rising!!

If you've ever been to NZ, which is about the same size as UK if you take 2 Islands together they have a population of about 4M in total. One has about 3M, the other about 1M......Yes that's 4M in total!............ as opposed to 60M here in the UK....The difference is startling!

That is for you to decide Mike and the context of what was said. I know from experience what your views are - or at least were on immigration and the support you said previously for Enoch Powell so I suspect that you and I will have differing views on what is bigotted view and what isn't. As I said to you at that time, you and I differ and nothing I say will change your mind and certainly nothing you say would change mine in supporting that sort of viewpoint

But no one has said "any views" so why did you type that?

!

Firstly you know **** all about my opinions about immigration apart from what you have tried to piece together from comments on this forum, you assume anyone who expresses an opinion or concern about immigration is a bigot, which is utter bullshit.

BNP want to "send people back" which is a bit different to having some kind of control on who comes here to live.

I said any views because you have assumed that the women has expressed an unknown opinion on immigration and you have her down as a bigot. Thats a pretty big leap.

As regards immigration - It has nothing to do with who they are - I couldn't care less whether someone is black, brown, white, pink, green whatever - they are all the same to me.

However the EU opened the floodgates and TBH the UK will sink with the heaving population we have on our shores if we're not careful. What is it now? 60 Million and rising!!

If you've ever been to NZ, which is about the same size as UK if you take 2 Islands together they have a population of about 4M in total. One has about 3M, the other about 1M......Yes that's 4M in total!............ as opposed to 60M here in the UK....The difference is startling!

Spent 5 weeks in the south island, I can confirm I met about 10x as many sheep as humans.

Spent 5 weeks in the south island, I can confirm I met about 10x as many sheep as humans.

Yep there's about 40M sheep and apparently about 80M Possums between the 2 Islands..but what an awesome place!!

Careful some people will call you a bigot Jule.