What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

... Milner ... how exactly is he ove valued? Man City were willing to splash £24m on Lescott and if you comapre his performaces against Milner then you will see Milner is fully justified with our valuation.

That's all very well in the abstract, but the concrete reality is:

(a) Villa's transfer strategy this summer is dead in the water until the situation is resolved, because otherwise you won't even know for sure whether Mllner needs to be replaced and you won't - it seems - have lots cash to spend unless he is sold.

(B) If he isn't sold now, his price will likely drop for January or next summer, and in the meantime you'll be left with an unhappy, frustrated player.

To be honest, City have you over a barrel. They could sign anyone out of plenty of alternatives to Milner if needs be, they know you could do with the cash, they know Milner wants out, they know his price will drop if not sold this summer, they know the damage the situation is causing to your transfer strategy ... so they don't need to hurry. I don't imagine it would bother them in the slightest to keep stringing you along until the very last moment, and then pull out altogether and sign someone else instead.

Holding out for 30m is very risky and I'd guess you won't get it.

Do they balls.

If they dont stump up £30m we keep Milner another season. Simple as!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GlastonSpur, it's the media and, seemingly, other clubs who think we have no money.

It's not strange to be a Villa fan in August with no new signings. We don't need the money - we'd probably just prefer to sell a few players to lower the wage bill.

Do they balls.

Well, yes (if MON sticks to the 30m figure), but only at the cost of all the damaging factors I cited.

If that's a price Villa is willing to pay, then so be it, but if so then IMO you'll end up worse off as a result.

James Milner isn't the type of player to sulk. He was going to move to us a few years back but then that move broke down. He carried on playing for Newcastle and was one of their best players.

I'm sure MON and Randy will be happy to miss out on a few million to get another season out of one of our best players - ala Barry 2 seasons ago.

Going by your previous guesses on an extensive range of subjects, who cares what your guess is.

Nice to see your lot spending mega bucks as well considering how often you tell us your rich and cash rich and can afford whatever it takes

Sod off you smug, patronising git

Since you apparently disagree with the points I made, why don't you try explaining why they are wrong instead of resorting to stupid insults? It would be a lot more interesting.

PS. What Spurs are or are not doing is irrelvant to a discusson about Milner's situation.

Do they balls.

Well, yes (if MON sticks to the 30m figure), but only at the cost of all the damaging factors I cited.

If that's a price Villa is willing to pay, then so be it, but if so then IMO you'll end up worse off as a result.

Either way we win imo

If Milner stays and he is on 30k a week and we have an 80k deal on the table - would he take 50k a week less for a year in his pay packet - thats 2.6 million pounds.

Id like us to say that if he signed that we would honour the 30million buy out clause for the furture and we would get the best out of him for another year!

Do they balls.

You seem to base your premise on the fact that we actually want to sell Milner. We didn't want to sell Milner in the first place and there is at least a chance now that he will remain a Villa player. If he does go at least we will be fully recompensed for our loss. If he stays then that would be a result for me.

I can't see him singing another contract.

It's clear that he wants to go and that he doesn't think his ambitions can be fulfilled at Villa. If he stays then I think he'll get sold for around £18m next summer.

It's clear that he wants to go and that he doesn't think his ambitions can be fulfilled at Villa. If he stays then I think he'll get sold for around £18m next summer.

Theres defo more chance of him signing another contract Rob? :winkold:

Going by your previous guesses on an extensive range of subjects, who cares what your guess is.

Nice to see your lot spending mega bucks as well considering how often you tell us your rich and cash rich and can afford whatever it takes

Since you apparently disagree with the points I made, why don't you try explaining why they are wrong instead of resorting to stupid insults? It would be a lot more interesting.

PS. What Spurs are or are not doing is irrelvant to a discusson about Milner's situation.

well firstly Man City haven't done much recently have they?

Everyone thought they would be the ones to get 4th yet you stopped them.

Everyone thought that they would get big name players in, they haven't. The only big name doesn't really want to be there Robinhio. Ok they have bought Silva but is he one of the best players in the world? not at the moment.

At the moment they are signing players who are 8/10, not the 10/10 they want like Kaka, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Eto etc etc.

Everyone thinks we need the transfer funds, but by the sounds of it we need to reduce the peripheral players who are on way too much and shouldn't really be at Villa. Beye, Shorey, Heskey etc.

We should be able to offer competitive wages considering we have always had a small squad and should hopefully sell on these peripheral players to other teams, thus freeing up hopefully near £200k a week in wages to help offer better contracts to the people who want to be a part of villa. Gabby, Young, Delfouneso, Collins, etc.

I am sure the media will no doubt assume that City will get champions league, not forgetting they all thought Liverpool would contend for the title last year and that villa wouldn't really be anywhere near contention for 4th.

If Milner wants to go then we should be wanting at least £25m straight up for him and if they are pissing about at £20m then we want a sell on clause as well, because no doubt their player turnaround at City soon will be down to about 18 months.

Look at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago, bargain central because they couldn't be arsed with some of their players. Even now they let Joe Cole go for nothing.

We need to make sure that we are sustainable as a club and that we can still offer competitive wages with the majority of clubs we are competing with.

hes right tho

hes right tho

i dont like him one bit,but he is right..

well firstly Man City haven't done much recently have they?

Everyone thought they would be the ones to get 4th yet you stopped them.

Everyone thought that they would get big name players in, they haven't. The only big name doesn't really want to be there Robinhio. Ok they have bought Silva but is he one of the best players in the world? not at the moment.

At the moment they are signing players who are 8/10, not the 10/10 they want like Kaka, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Eto etc etc.

Everyone thinks we need the transfer funds, but by the sounds of it we need to reduce the peripheral players who are on way too much and shouldn't really be at Villa. Beye, Shorey, Heskey etc.

We should be able to offer competitive wages considering we have always had a small squad and should hopefully sell on these peripheral players to other teams, thus freeing up hopefully near £200k a week in wages to help offer better contracts to the people who want to be a part of villa. Gabby, Young, Delfouneso, Collins, etc.

I am sure the media will no doubt assume that City will get champions league, not forgetting they all thought Liverpool would contend for the title last year and that villa wouldn't really be anywhere near contention for 4th.

If Milner wants to go then we should be wanting at least £25m straight up for him and if they are pissing about at £20m then we want a sell on clause as well, because no doubt their player turnaround at City soon will be down to about 18 months.

Look at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago, bargain central because they couldn't be arsed with some of their players. Even now they let Joe Cole go for nothing.

We need to make sure that we are sustainable as a club and that we can still offer competitive wages with the majority of clubs we are competing with.

Good post

I don't understand your question, are you disagreeing just for consistency? :winkold:

Or at my valuation of what we could get for Milner in a years time?

I think he's saying there's more chance of him signing a new contract than us getting 18m for a player with one year left on his contract. Especially as the Man City frenzy would probably be more subdued next year, and the market less inflated.

I don't understand your question, are you disagreeing just for consistency? :winkold:

Or at my valuation of what we could get for Milner in a years time?

Me disagree with you Rob - Never!

Ive just heard that Jimmy's not a very good singer