What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

"To be linked with any clubs is flattering but I'm just concentrating on England at this time

:clap: excellent. :lol:

Not exactly firm committment there to staying with us.

Bye bye James. AT least as fans we had a glimpse of the future for a short time

The only thing we can do now is get the best possible deal for us.

I'd Take Tevez and Ireland please or 30M and Ireland

shit you got all that from just that line :shock:

"The season finished at Villa a week and a bit ago and we all said we would discuss it (my future) after the World Cup.

"I've enjoyed my time at Aston Villa, it's a good club, we've had a lot of success this season, came close in two competitions, and we are moving forward."

going on your logic this line must mean he's staying and looking forward to pushing on with the villa next season :lol:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To be linked with any clubs is flattering but I'm just concentrating on England at this time

Ok, devils advocate time.. What would you like him to have said?

Well I would want him to say "I am an Aston Villa player , I am excited about what the future holds for me at Aston Villa and I am not even thinking about leaving the club at this time thanks"

Not convinced that that is what the club would want him to say

Yes I hope to be at Villa next season

Well I would want him to say "I am an Aston Villa player , I am excited about what the future holds for me at Aston Villa and I am not even thinking about leaving the club at this time thanks"

With contract negotiations pending, I would not expect him to be quite so equivocal about the situation. He knows he's in a position of strength so it would weaken his bargaining position if he said that. In fact, I'd be stunned if he said as much.

Not convinced that that is what the club would want him to say

You seem to be banging on about the club wanting rid of him. Are you suggesting that a decision has been made already to get shot for as much as possible?

They need to realise that they are trying to buy a rival's best player - who is also English. That aint coming cheap; £25m has to be the minimum.

I really, really hope he doesn't go, but if he did I think we'd need a player included rather than straight cash. It's so difficult getting good players that we may as well take advantage of the situation, otherwise Martin will spend all summer dilly dallying and not getting what we need.

The obvious one would be Ireland, at least that way we'd have an attacking midfielder as a replacement. We'd obviously also need a good wedge of cash so we can put it towards a really good striker.

Why would he turn around and say he wants to stay at Villa next season? That would be going against Capello saying no transfer talk. Surely he's just listening to Capello, playing it safe for the time being, and will sort his Villa contract out after the WC.

He is going nowhere

In resonse to

Milner said: "Do I expect to be at Villa next season? I don't know. I've worked as hard as I can and concentrated on club football while the season has been on.

I hope so.

shit you got all that from just that line :shock:

No not just from that line, from the whole interview actually. But I quoted that line as, if you check out the last two pages of the thread, I suggested he would say something similar and was told "How stupid do you think footballers are they wouldn't say that in this day and age" or something similar!

Was it quite a diplomatic interview?

I`m at work so I missed it :(

Not a word on Villa, City or any bid. Sky made it out to be something it was not, how unlike them.

LoL! Thanks for the info!

Mountain = Mole Hill I presume!

We took him on loan when he got no football, tried to sign him from Newky for 4 million but got cancelled and we went back with club record 12 million.

The club as a whole I feel James owes a great deal to with being the player he is today - so reassurances and gratitude to the manager who has put so much faith in should given.

Our club is so much bigger than James Milner, as much as I like him I think if he goes we will get very good money to strenghten and start again.

I love it at Villa. It's a fantastic, progressive club for players like me.

Just look at how I've developed this season. Would I be sitting here in an England shirt discussing the world cup if I'd spent the season sitting on the bench with a bunch of golddiggers at Man City.

If Aston Villa want me to stay, I'll be ecstatic.

I love it at Villa. It's a fantastic, progressive club for players like me.

Just look at how I've developed this season. Would I be sitting here in an England shirt discussing the world cup if I'd spent the season sitting on the bench with a bunch of golddiggers at Man City.

If Aston Villa want me to stay, I'll be ecstatic.

To which MON replies: So James, I heard in that press conference how delighted you are to be here. So lets just extend your contract by 5 years on the exact same terms, shall we?

Why would he turn around and say he wants to stay at Villa next season? That would be going against Capello saying no transfer talk.

surely saying, im a villa player now, and want it to stay that way. Is better than saying, next year, who knows.

The history of transfer windows is littered with examples of players saying they are 100% committed to their club, only to move on within days so any statement from Milner to that effect would not really have reassured me.

I have been worried since contract talks were put on hold until after the World Cup and we can't really be sure on this until mindnight on 31st August.

However, there is no reason to plunge into self-immolating doom and gloom as some posters seem to be doing.

We just have to wait & see what happens, as ever.

Think you are all being a bit silly.

His contract will be negotiated after the WC, that was always the case. He won't want to seem desperate to stay in order to play his cards right and get a better deal for himself.

It's down to O'Neill to sell him or not, and if he thinks he can take £30m and improve the team as a whole then **** it, we'll just have to live with it.

Spurs do this all the time, there is a difference between selling a player for a profit and being a feeder club.