What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

TJ - One player doesn't make a team. Whilst i do love Milner and i think he could become a legend here, £25million is a lot of money. IF we get all of that money to put in getting other players here then it will help build a better squad.

If City came back with £25mil on the table i'd seriously consider accepting.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think the manager who had the insight to bring Milner to Villa, put him in central midfield and help him develop into such a strong player can't be trusted now?

Because for all the Milners and Youngs, he also signed Harewood, Shorey, Sidwell, Beye. Doesn't trust any of them to play regularly or to rotate.

Because MON has shown no signs of looking to europe to perhaps find a cheaper Arteta type signing rather than going for the more expensive UK based players.

So 25-30 mill means nothing when your not going to get your moneys worth.

If MON is planning on changing the habit of the lifetime, then its worth selling Milner, if he isn't no point.

how about just don't sell him unless it's for £40m?

selling our best player on form and in potential when he is still under contract and more than likely going to a world cup with England would show that we are a selling club and small time.

it's time to Man up and tell Man Shitty to shove their oil money up their little man dresses and fack off.

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Whilst i do love Milner and i think he could become a legend here, £25million is a lot of money

But is it?

When teams know you have 25m to spend and are looking to replace a player then the price inflates immediately. Then you're buying a player for only a little less than you sold your outgoing one, with the gamble that you don't know how they are going to perform.

If we sell Milner for 25, we'd need to get a replacement for 15, with 2 other decent players at 5 apiece to make it worth while. I'm not sure we can replace Jimmy for 15m when teams know we have 25 to spend.

he also signed Harewood, Shorey, Sidwell, Beye. Doesn't trust any of them to play regularly or to rotate.

They are and were signed to be bodies. They were never meant to be first team or to be rotated - they are there as back-up in case someone from the first team gets injured. It's clear as **** daylight. Everyone first team player MON has signed, has been good.

At least Villa are making the right noises anyway. Mind you Everton also made the right noises over Lescott until they received an offer that was too good to turn down

Who knows, maybe this time Man Citeh wont come back with increased bids, there is always that chance. or maybe their offer wont flush out other interested parties.

If they start talking 30M then I think you may see a different response form the club as 30M would cover our total summer outlay I think

If they start talking 30M then I think you may see a different response form the club as 30M would cover our total summer outlay I think

Problem is every player we went for would suddenly be a few million more expensive.

Problem is every player we went for would suddenly be a few million more expensive.

I don't dispute that really but I do think it depends. Say , for example, we went for Gabbidon. How much more could he realistically go for?

So I think it depends on the type/level of player you are going for on how much the selling club could inflate the price. But in reality as the game is money dominated that is the market we are in

Guest Ricardomeister

Based on what Citeh paid for the Klingon, anything under £30 million for Jimmy is an insult. Let's face it Citeh can afford whatever we demand so if they are really determined then there is not much that we can do as I cannot see Randy turning down silly money. I think it is going to be a case of getting the best deal that we can for Jimmy and whether Man Ure, or maybe Chelsea/Arsenal also come in for him. Either way I think the most likely scenario is bye bye Jimmy.

I would hope that, by now, Villa have had some indication from Milner as to his intentions.

Maybe not a definitive "I'm staying" but if he's still keen on a new deal with us I hope we know about it. Also, if he's been cagey about it or indicated he'd prefer another club over City (either direct from his own mouth or through his PFA Rep) then I hope MON and Randy have started plans for his replacement; plans that will come to fruition before any sale of Milner.

Guardian says this:

Everton were forced to cave in last year when English football's richest club relentlessly pursued Joleon Lescott, although City were helped on that occasion when the player eventually pushed for a transfer. There is no suggestion that Milner will do likewise at Villa, with sources close to the player saying he will leave the decision in the hands of his club despite the prospect of more than doubling his £45,000-a-week wages at City.

Milner is known to feel a debt of gratitude to O'Neill for the perseverance the Villa manager showed when he signed him from Newcastle United a little under two years ago for what many felt at the time was an inflated £12m fee. He also recognises the part O'Neill has played in his remarkable development over the last 12 months

No quotes but that's quite believable. Kind of assume there's been a similar situation w/ Ashley Young at a couple of points over the last few transfer windows.

The sad thing is this is where we are as a club now. Get a player turn him into a potential world beater and selling him on for more money. A feeder club

ok my take on it that he's going nowhere.

and here is why.

I think MoN and Randy knew this was coming and is why Randy said what he did at his press conference, also they seem very confident that they will sit down with him after the world cup and discuss a new deal.

now i believe MoN is very close to his players and is why they give there all on the pitch.

if we were still owned by Deadly Doug he'd be gone but i think them days are long gone, i dont think we will sell for ANY PRICE.

sadly we are dealing with Man Shitty and it may take a few more offers before they get the message.

The sad thing is this is where we are as a club now. Get a player turn him into a potential world beater and selling him on for more money. A feeder club
If that's true, presumably you can provide some examples of where it's happened over the past 4 seasons?

Funny, but I can't actually think of any.

So maybe it's not the real position that you present it as, just your worry that this might be the position?