What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

damocles again we will see in 6 months time.

Upto now everything about man city shows they have no class and im sure mancini wont be given much time.

I mean to sack the man half way through a football match shows no class at all.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude in all respect, we all remember those press conferences on SSN, they even had managers at the time like Sam Alladyce commenting on how bad it was, of course they are gonna edit them on the city site to make Hughes and City look like saints, don't insult our intelligence.

It's the other way around. You see edited, out of context comments on SSN, City's site shows you pretty much the whole press conference, start to finish.

This thread is about James Milner and the bid from Manchester City.

I don't care to read how City conducted their business with Everton about Joleon Lescott, or any other player.

Yawn.

damocles again we will see in 6 months time.

Upto now everything about man city shows they have no class and im sure mancini wont be given much time.

I mean to sack the man half way through a football match shows no class at all.

They didn't. I have no idea where you got that impression from.

Hughes was sacked at 8pm on the day of the Sunderland game. Everybody before then knew he was going, including himself, he took over that match because he walked away with about £3m in compensation which he would have lost if he breached his contract.

I don't care to read how City conducted their business with Everton about Joleon Lescott, or any other player.

Yawn.

Indeed, sorry about that.

So, in the opinion of you guys, what price would you say is fair?

Ireland is probably going (though I don't particularly want him to) as Mancini believes that his head isn't in it, so he could be included in any final deal.

Damocles,

The Yorke transfer? I don't blame Man U for that.. Yorke maybe, but not Man U.

And yes our owner is a billionaire, but he's not going to poach every decent player in every club he can just to try and win the league.. Randy Lerner sees Villa as a business and that's how football should be.

Man City are one of the clubs that are ruining football.

What happens if your billionaire gets bored or decides that he isn't getting enough returns for his investment? If he leaves then you'll have more wages than your "record breaking" stadium can cope with.

Harry Redknapp, as much as I dislike him, said that Man City used bullying tactics when Spurs were looking to buy Bellamy. Aparantly they said "if you don't back out of the Bellamy bid, we'll also bid for Palacios".

I honestly would hate it if Randy Lerner ran our club the way that yours is being run.

Football should be about training, trusting youth, playing with skill and passion, tactics, loyalty and the romance of the game.

Not - "we have more money, therefore we win"..

If you win the league then I doubt you'll enjoy it as much as if you'd won it with homegrown youth/ players that you've bargained for/ selling a player and then buying someone for half the price who turns out to be double the player/ having players that are so loyal to your club that they'll run themselves ragged for 90 minutes of every game.

It's the football equivalent of selling out. And I hate it.

(rant over)

... so yeah, on topic.. bid rejected... bring us the next bid.. you'll get the same response

Yawn.

Indeed, sorry about that.

So, in the opinion of you guys, what price would you say is fair?

Ireland is probably going (though I don't particularly want him to) as Mancini believes that his head isn't in it, so he could be included in any final deal.

He will not leave. I bet you don't believe that.

Damocles,

The Yorke transfer? I don't blame Man U for that.. Yorke maybe, but not Man U.

You're aware that United made an illegal approach to Yorke, after Gregory told Ferguson on numerous occasions before Yorke's tantrums that he wasn't for sale?

And yes our owner is a billionaire, but he's not going to poach every decent player in every club he can just to try and win the league.. Randy Lerner sees Villa as a business and that's how football should be.

So do our owners, they just have a different business plan from yours. It's the same as Amazon and their Get Big Fast strategy for all you business enthusiasts out there.

Man City are one of the clubs that are ruining football.

What happens if your billionaire gets bored or decides that he isn't getting enough returns for his investment? If he leaves then you'll have more wages than your "record breaking" stadium can cope with.

Gets bored? You seem to have a rather stereotypical view of our owner. Our man is a world leading businessman, including investments into things like Ferrari, the Abu Dhabi GP, Abu Dhabi Cup (horse racing), yachting, etc, etc. He doesn't 'get bored' on a whim.

Apart from this though, the Sheikh has prepaid the wages of all of these big players by loaning the club the money. Then he converted this into shares, so that City are completely debt free.

Harry Redknapp, as much as I dislike him, said that Man City used bullying tactics when Spurs were looking to buy Bellamy. Aparantly they said "if you don't back out of the Bellamy bid, we'll also bid for Palacios".

And we've sued him for it, as they are utter lies. We don't sue someone unless we know we're going to win, it makes us look stupid.

Sorry, last off topic post, I promise.

Anyway, I don't know why I'd not believe that a player won't come, it has happened before you know? Terry, Eto'o, Kaka, Buffon, Ronaldinho, hell I even remember Mido rejecting us a while back, or Muzzy Izzet before him. It happens, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't bid on someone just because we might get rejected. You don't know until you find out.

City are a bunch of arrogant tosspots who now think they have the divine right for everything.

They may buy all round them, but people were remember the manner in which they did it.

Add ireland to the bid and id be very, very happy about it. Itd be a good deal for both clubs, but we could potentially come out on top with it imo

Ireland has something to prove to be honest. He was excellent last season, and has shown true talent at times in the past, but there's a question mark over his consistency. Ireland would probably be a downward step from Milner, especially as Milner is so versatile. I seem to remember him even playing centre back against Chelsea before.

Mind you, MON's spending has been pretty good this season, so if we bid £25-30m + Ireland, he might feel that it's a good deal for the club, as Ireland would suit your style better than ours and you might see the better side of him

I'd be very surprised if he left before the World Cup. It could drive his price up even further if he has a good one, or put them off if he has a poor one, which is good either way. Would be ridiculous to sell him before.

Add ireland to the bid and id be very, very happy about it. Itd be a good deal for both clubs, but we could potentially come out on top with it imo

Ireland has something to prove to be honest. He was excellent last season, and has shown true talent at times in the past, but there's a question mark over his consistency. Ireland would probably be a downward step from Milner, especially as Milner is so versatile. I seem to remember him even playing centre back against Chelsea before.

Mind you, MON's spending has been pretty good this season, so if we bid £25-30m + Ireland, he might feel that it's a good deal for the club, as Ireland would suit your style better than ours and you might see the better side of him

Yup, I think it could be one of those mutually beneficial deals if it happened as you say. Id have no qualms giving it a go tbh, much as I love jimmy