New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briggaman - this thread is about the kit and we are all entitled to our opinions.

You're right that's it not particularly important but nothing will change my mind in thinking that it is by far the worst kit we have had under Nike.

The idea is good but I loathe the collar as it makes it look like a bloody vest. Also the away kit has no originality whatsoever and that's what really disappoints me. It's just the home kit in black and the sponsor is horrendous. Whoever designed it must have spent at lest 23 seconds coming up with that one.

I was expecting something brilliant from Nike this summer like their fantastic World Cup kits and I am thoroughly underwhelmed. And I hate the fact we are no longer on the moral highground. FX Pro on the front of our shirts looks awful, not exactly a sponsor the fans can associate with is it?

Now, for only the second time in a decade, I am not buying a Villa shirt this season.

The thing is for every opinion like the one above there is another that thinks the new kit is great. Nobody can say for fact the kits are crap or great. It's all subjective opinion.

I liked the last two seasons because I thought they were plain and classy. Many fans thought them plain and boring.

I like the new home kit because in my opinion, they maintain the traditional claret body and blue sleeves and introduce a fresh, younger look with the side panel checks. Some fans think differently.

I've read some fans disappointment that the new kits have no collar. I hate collars on football shirts; they never seem to 'sit' right after the first wash.

In any case, as long as the basics are right (claret body and blue sleeves for home, non-offensive colour for away), its no big deal in my opinion.

Any fan who thinks one or both of Villa's new kits are really bad should check out westhams home or evertons away kits to regain their perspective.

At best this thread can be summarised in just four words - each to their own.

Just got home from work - my findings

Home shirt = really like, dont know what the fuss is about with the chequered (yes it is chequered - not checkered !!!!) design.

Away kit - nice but a bug bear which I will come to in a minute

Goalie - Jesus H christ - bloody discgusting, but quite frankly, who cares, who buys them !

Away kit. Now I actually quite like this but there is a part of me that sees this (and other teams) as a way of Nike Americanising the sport.Its been happening for years now. When did injury time become added time , or even more bloody annoying - regulation time etc...etc....

Now, I dont know whether people know, but in Baseball, the away team ALWAYS wear black. And guess what most Nike away kits are becoming......

Next thing , mark my words will be after every goal it coming up "Ahsley Young's goal wsa today sponsored by......."

Rant over !

I like them both to be honest and really don't see what all of the complaining is about. You would think we are on a women's fashion board or something.

I don't like the new shirts, and this is a Villa internet forum where we exchange our views on all things Villa, is that so hard to understand?

Yes it is, please do explain.......

No, I'm afraid you'll have to work it out all by yourself Sherlock. :detect:

Now that I don't know - it is chequered, as in chequered flag.

But one Cheque / cheque ?

Who knows

Well actually, thinking about it, you couldn't have one check / cheque, coz that would just be a square wouldn't it ! :D

After some research chequered and checkered are both common spellings.

The game of draughts is also known as checkers. Presumably after the pattern on the board.

It would appear that the spelling of checkered is one less thing to be stressed about. :winkold:

I like the black one....what, no Milner in the new kit pics.. Hmmmmmm...!!
I know this is off topic but, could it be because Milner isn't even meant to be back with the squad yet? I don't see Warnock or Heskey either.

Heskey was used in the promotion pics for new kit on the official site tho.

Which would suggest he isn't leaving yet.

My guess is they're not including him in because his future is in doubt, it doesn't actually mean he's having a medical at City right now you know.

Promotion pics are shopped anyway

I wouldn't read too much into these things either way as it means **** all.

Two years ago Milner was promoting the Newcastle Kit. By the end of August he was an Aston Villa player.

I actually didn't say anything about Milner. As someone else pointed out he's still on leave.

Was merely saying the fact that Heskey is still be using in promotion pics for new kits on official site suggests that Heskey might not be about to leave (Celtic) anytime soon.

I know you didn't mention Milner but the point I was making was that Milner two years ago was used in promo pics by Newcastle but left before the end of August. Heskey, as you pointed out, has been used in promo pics by us but, as in Milners case at Newcastle, could still leave by the end of August.

The promo pics mean **** all.

I wouldn't read too much into these things either way as it means **** all.

Two years ago Milner was promoting the Newcastle Kit. By the end of August he was an Aston Villa player.

Is a good / fair point .

Don't like the home kit. Away kit not too bad. Feel real sorry for Brad having to wear that eyesore... worst keepers kit we've had in a looooooong time.

Oh well.

Like both the kits. A lot. Something different. Yeah, thumbs up.

What's left to say about the GK one, though? Well, I think we can give up all hopes to sign someone like Frey now. :P Poor Friedel, he never got the choice.

Â