Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pump action shotgun is awesome. The semi auto is probably more powerful, but the sound effect from the pump action is something else.

I like the range on the shotguns in this game too. Double or treble the range that shotguns in MW2 have.

You dont get the Pump Action until well into the game, you pick it up during one of the late missions.

You can buy the Semi Auto shotgun as soon as you enter Mexico if you want. It's for sale in Escalera at the gun shop. You get an achievement/trophy for buying it too. The Semi Auto is probably more powerful than the Pump Action. It's just less awesome in my opinion.

The Buffalo Rifle is unlocked after you achieve Master Hunter 5. I bought mine in Armadillo.

How am I supposed to kill a bear with 1 shot?

I'm sure I killed a bear with one shot in the back last night using the Winchester Repeater.. but in the heat of the moment it might have been two quick shots :winkold:

My favourite guns were the high power pistol, the pump action, and the buffalo rifle. The latter being by far the best gun ever.

I played John pretty straight and moral, but occasionally I'd pull up the bandana, climb onto a roof and just blast people away willy nilly. The buffalo rifle has ridiculous range and power.

I played John as a straight up moral guy as well.

I made the most use of the semi-auto shotgun, buffalo rifle, bolt action rifle and Schofield revolver. The shotgun was my peacemaker for wolves and cougars ;).

Never found much use for the sniper rifle.

The Henry Rifle is bloody good now I think about it, more or less 1 hit kill, only failing is could do with just a bit more range.

Working on outfits now, did the US Marshall outfit earlier, should finish the Bollard Twins outfit shortly.

The sniper rifle you get for free is gash. The one you can buy in Blackwater which lets you take five shots before you need to reload is fun.

i've now reached 99.5% completion.

SPOILER.

I've done all 19 stranger missions, all 20 bounty missions, all challanges and unlocked all outfits apart from the one for 100% complete.

I'm stumped now, how i can get the last 0.5%. Any idea's?

I learnt the sequence (thus far, I'm trying to do the Reye's Rebels outift), on the third one of four. I have the sequence ground into my brain. But it isn't enough. You do it too slowly, you fail. you do it too quickly, you fail. You try and do it rhythmically, you fail because the time runs out.

**** it right off.

I got the fourth man by getting out of the chair, and running into the bloke that is still waiting to play and making him fall over. I sat back down, and even though it was the third man, he was doing the fourth and hardest sequence.

I learnt the sequence (thus far, I'm trying to do the Reye's Rebels outift), on the third one of four. I have the sequence ground into my brain. But it isn't enough. You do it too slowly, you fail. you do it too quickly, you fail. You try and do it rhythmically, you fail because the time runs out.

**** it right off.

I read that it can be bugged on some games. If you skip the sequence of the other guy showing you what to do then the time shortens and its nearly impossible. You have to watch them every time. This seemed to work for me and I did it. It still took ages though.

Â