Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Yet to come across a bear. Managed to nail the boars earlier, I'm now left wandering around in the hope finding an armadillo while I do other things.

And Ricketts does sound a bit like the bloke who did Roy Cambell's voice in the Metal Gear Solid series. But not quite the same.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't see any bears (single player) until you finish in Mexico.

I'm on the last rank of the sharpshooter challenge now. It's the one where you have to disarm 6 people without reloading. Anybody who has done it got any tips, as the last time I had to do it (the one where you had to shoot two hats off and disarm two people) I found a bit tricky.

If you enter deadeye it refills your bullets, but doesnt count as a reload. You can also buy a gun called the Evans Repeater from Blackwater, and that holds 22 bullets.

If you enter deadeye it refills your bullets, but doesnt count as a reload. You can also buy a gun called the Evans Repeater from Blackwater, and that holds 22 bullets.

Yep got that already Nays. It was more hints for disarming people, as the last one I did in Armadillo, I kept getting the law set on me!

Just shoot their guns? I'm pretty sure even if they die it will count as a disarm if you see the animation of their gun flying through the air.

just go and attack one of the gang hideouts, that way you have lots of bad guys to try it out with, it seemed that even actually shooting them in the hand and making them drop the guns counts as a disarm, originally i thought you had to only shoot the actual gun itself and not harm the guy you are disarming...

just go and attack one of the gang hideouts, that way you have lots of bad guys to try it out with, it seemed that even actually shooting them in the hand and making them drop the guns counts as a disarm, originally i thought you had to only shoot the actual gun itself and not harm the guy you are disarming...

That's not true, as I found out the first time I did it. You have to hit the gun, definitely.

Completed that challenge last night. I basically loaded up on Moonshine etc, and headed into the saloon in Thieves Landing. Wore the bandana so as not to lose any honor. Then just basically ducked down behind the bar, and pointed my gun at various regulars, it was quite easy to be honest. Had a go in Armadillo first, but it's trickier there as the law show up, and they shoot a lot harder and move faster than anyone else. There's no filth in Thieves Landing.

Just unlocked Me-hi-co.

Mission when you are crossing the river doesn't half drag on.

That was quick!

I haven't got to Mexico yet. I've been doing random stranger missions and the challenges to raise my Survivalist and Sharpshooter levels.

Some right strange things going on at the minute!

First some bird starts saying some blokes have took her son, so i ride to investigate and save the kid, only to find 'evidence of violence'?!?!

Then some bloke on a horse in the middle of nowhere starts going on about someone about to be hanged, then rides off?!?!

:huh: WTF

The person about to be hanged is a common side quest. You have to follow the bloke and save his wife. Shoot the rope around his wife's neck, then shoot the bad guys.

Just bought the buffalo rifle, shoot my first couple of bears, and done the train bird shooting sharpshooter challenge.

The killing cougars with a knife challenge was beyond a pain in the arse, took me about an hour of singlemindedly trying to do it. Much of that involved trying to get cougars to attack me.

Just bought the buffalo rifle, shoot my first couple of bears, and done the train bird shooting sharpshooter challenge.

The killing cougars with a knife challenge was beyond a pain in the arse, took me about an hour of singlemindedly trying to do it. Much of that involved trying to get cougars to attack me.

Once I'd found where the cougars were, I found it quite easy.

Softened up with the basic handgun as per Nayson's suggestion, then used a medikit if I got charged by the cougar. Few swipes of the knife = a dead kitty cat.

Â