Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Nay!

Your usually good for some sort of guide on gaming, hit me with a beginners guide to Red or Dead!

To be honest, you don't really need one. The story takes you along nicely, and it's really well paced. My advice would be to hunt lots, as it's good practice and you sell everything you skin for quite a bit. Also do lots of the side missions, and don't just do the main story, as you'll see a lot more that way.

Aye, what Risso said. The only advice ill give is don't be afraid of spending money, I have bought every house and every gun I have seen and never once felt skint.

Oh, and finish all the Bonnie missions before going out into the wider world. At one point she drops you off in town and leaves you to do stuff for other people. Travel back to her ranch and finish her quests.

Well, had a day or so's play, and it really is good isn't it?

It's slightly odd really, I've played it very relaxed, I'm taking my time getting around, messing about in the wilderness, shooting pretty much anything that isn't human, enjoying the scenery. I don't think I've ever played a game where I've felt a lot of the enjoyment comes from just pottering around.

Looking forward to getitng further. Not done all of Bonnies missions yet, gotten the lasso however, based on Rev's say so above I'll return and finish them off before I get much further. Not that I've done many missions at all, couple for the Marshall and thats it.

END GAME SPOILARZ

Well, I have entered a fourth act I wasnt exactly expecting!

Dutch is dead and I am playing rancher. I dont know what to make of John's wife, I'm not sure whether the developers are painting her as a bitch or a flirt, it's hard to tell at this point.

I think I'm going to have press on with getting Mexico finished, as all of my challenges seem not to be based in the next area (West Elizabeth?). No 9 in the treasure hunt is definitely there, and I think the bears (to be one shot) are there too. Am I more likely to encounter cougars there as well?

I think I'm going to have press on with getting Mexico finished, as all of my challenges seem not to be based in the next area (West Elizabeth?). No 9 in the treasure hunt is definitely there, and I think the bears (to be one shot) are there too. Am I more likely to encounter cougars there as well?

There are cougars there. I tended to find them to the south of the Great Plains. The place I got amushed most by cougars the area around Fort Mercer. The bastards are hiding in the shrubs.

I'll have a look round there then, thanks.

Still haven't managed to hogtie a woman and then leave her on the train tracks. Now the bridge is destroyed, the train gets to that small town in Mexico, and just stops there.

I'm amazed you've not been attacked by one yet! Cholla Springs is usually when players get jumped for the first time early on in the game.

Nope, not once Sie. And I've spent a lot of time exploring, hunting and doing side quests, ie not just racing through the main story. Maybe they've just heard how bad ass I am and stayed at home.

I went hunting for the **** last night. They are nowhere near as big a threat when you are rocking a pump action shotgun. 8)

Got jumped by my first (and so far only) cougar at Cholla Springs, killed my horse, but went down fairly easily. I was annoyed that wolves seem to be more valuable when skinned than the cougar, given that the cougar seems to be able to kill you twice as fast.

Incidentally, any had their horse hit by the train yet? I managed it completely by accident, miles from anywhere, was off the horse looting bodies from a shootout, the horse is stood stock still with it's head just over the track, along comes the train. Horse turns into red mist.

Â