Bulger Killer Returned To Jail [Poll Added]

Reality

What do you think the punishment for Venebles and Thompson should have been?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the punishment for Venebles and Thompson should have been?

• Their punishment was too severe
    • The punishment was correct
    • The punishment should have been longer
    • They should never have been let out
    • The Death Sentence

So if you were in this situation and the judge decided to give a sentence of just 6 months because the offender was only 10 years old, you would sit back and accept it.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself:

I wouldn't want to have any input (other than the input of any other member of society) in to the level of punishment.

Are you wiggy in disguise? :?

So you'd value the life of your child at 6 months....... or whatever the judge told you it was worth.......

Says it all really.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing on this thread that has astonished me more than the apparent desire of some to hang 10 year olds and to see justice meted out by murder victim's families, is the inability of the same people to comprehend Snowy's point despite him, and others who share it, making it perfectly clearly, time and time again.

Who has said they should have been hung at 10 years of age?

Erm, it's basically what's been driving the thread for 15+ pages.

hand on heart i would walk them to the gallows. Society has no place for these two individuals.

Of course if i had my way, (snip) they would be swinging from the gallows about half hour after being convicted.

So you'd value the life of your child at 6 months....... or whatever the judge told you it was worth.......

No, if I had a child I wouldn't value their life at 6 months. I'd be of the opinion that one couldn't assign a 'value' to his/her life; their life would be priceless.

I'm rather of the opinion that one can't assign values to individual's lives (other than my own) and that's why I regard them as precious and not to be taken.

Says it all really.

Your idiotic assumption says much more about your lack of ability to comprehend what other people say and mean.

Next time, engage your brain before posting, please.

No, if I had a child I wouldn't value their life at 6 months. I'd be of the opinion that one couldn't assign a 'value' to his/her life; their life would be priceless.

I'm rather of the opinion that one can't assign values to individual's lives (other than my own) and that's why I regard them as precious and not to be taken.

Says it all really.

Your idiotic assumption says much more about your lack of ability to comprehend what other people say and mean.

Next time, engage your brain before posting, please.

Was that a "Note to self" ?

Has there actually been any justification for why Bulger's mother has absolutely any right to be involved in this yet either? Because as far as I'm concerned, she shouldn't be any more than any other member of public as far as this is concerned, but she seems hell bent on involved when it's none of her business.

I find that attitude completely heartless and quite patronising on Mrs Fergus. Her 4 year old sone was tortured and killed by 2 warped 10 year olds. She has every right to know every time they squat and take a shit if she so wishes; anything that brings her solace.

As for previous posts suggesting that she was in some way at fault for taking her eye of the toddler, again disgraceful. Any self-respecting parent knows has suffered that absolute moment of panic when you have just for a second lost sight of a child - whether thats them wondering off or falling ovrt. She was just very, very unlucky.

No that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm here saying that people seem to underestimate the punishment they got.

If you wished me to say whether I thought the punishment they got was fitting, then I would say yes it was. As 10 year old children they were given sentences that were to last until, at least, their adulthood, after which they were held on strict life licenses. I think that's quite a harsh punishment for a child, and fitting of the crime.

But that's largely because I believe our justice system is pretty good, and also because I don't believe in the death penalty for any one let alone children.

Well obviously the strict life licence business hasn't worked or he wouldn't have ended up in back in prison.

After reading many post's from you on varying subjects, from child abusers to murderers.... I can only take away one thing from them, and that is you are an apologist for those who commit the most heinous crimes.

you try to say it's people like me, who want to bring back hanging who are the problem with society.

Take a long hard look in the mirror, you'll see the real problem staring right back at you.

I read this entire thread and out of all the posts, this is one I can understand the least. Where has Chindie, or anyone else for that matter, said that what Bulger's killers did was okay?

Hanging 10 year old children is outrageous, regardless of what they have done. It's barbaric.

No that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm here saying that people seem to underestimate the punishment they got.

If you wished me to say whether I thought the punishment they got was fitting, then I would say yes it was. As 10 year old children they were given sentences that were to last until, at least, their adulthood, after which they were held on strict life licenses. I think that's quite a harsh punishment for a child, and fitting of the crime.

But that's largely because I believe our justice system is pretty good, and also because I don't believe in the death penalty for any one let alone children.

Well obviously the strict life licence business hasn't worked or he wouldn't have ended up in back in prison.

After reading many post's from you on varying subjects, from child abusers to murderers.... I can only take away one thing from them, and that is you are an apologist for those who commit the most heinous crimes.

you try to say it's people like me, who want to bring back hanging who are the problem with society.

Take a long hard look in the mirror, you'll see the real problem staring right back at you.

I read this entire thread and out of all the posts, this is one I can understand the least. Where has Chindie, or anyone else for that matter, said that what Bulger's killers did was okay?

Hanging 10 year old children is outrageous, regardless of what they have done. It's barbaric.

Agreed. People seem to be understanding "I don't think the 2 children should have been hanged" as "I think murdering toddlers is ok" which is quite obviously not the case.

If I had my way shit ripostes would be a hanging offence

This. Although I'd probably let 10 year olds off for that too, I probably came up with those sort of replies when I was about that age.

How old are you starsailor?

Old enough to know certain VT-ers are apologists for scum like Venables.

If I were to make accusations like that, I'd firstly have the balls to name the VT'ers in question, and then provide a quote to back it up.

Unless of course you're still clinging to the notion that just because someone doesn't want to see a ten year old executed, they condone him taking a child's life. It can't be that though surely, as that has been exposed as a ridiculous argument several times already.

If I were to make accusations like that, I'd firstly have the balls to name the VT'ers in question, and then provide a quote to back it up.

Unless of course you're still clinging to the notion that just because someone doesn't want to see a ten year old executed, they condone him taking a child's life. It can't be that though surely, as that has been exposed as a ridiculous argument several times already.

I said a few pages back.....

Â