Bulger Killer Returned To Jail [Poll Added]

Reality

What do you think the punishment for Venebles and Thompson should have been?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the punishment for Venebles and Thompson should have been?

• Their punishment was too severe
    • The punishment was correct
    • The punishment should have been longer
    • They should never have been let out
    • The Death Sentence

Wow, this country is seriously **** up.

Nah. Not the whole country mate. Just a few who form the "baying mob" who wish to administer some sort of vigilante "justice", and of course the tabloids who just love whipping up a frenzy.

I'd day the silent majority probably follow the sensible line on this.

Still can't quite get my head around the whole "let us hang 8 year old boys from the neck until dead" argument though.

That is the extreme side of the argument against the handling of the case. Most of us think Venebles should have been in there in prison and away from society for a much longer time. No one wants to see 10 year old kids dead, as twisted as they were.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy A

really interesting and relevant film starring Andrew Garifels as a young man just released from prison where he had been locked up for "murdering" a young girl.

well worth a watch.

Going to give this topic one more chance and give you two words to ponder

Mary Bell

Play nice now or it will get locked and not reopened

Good re-start Bicks, I was not as familiar with Mary Bell so I wiki'd it and crikey... Not a nice read, but I understand why it's relevant to the topic.

Mary Bell On Wikipedia

Still can't quite get my head around the whole "let us hang 8 year old boys from the neck until dead" argument though.

That is the extreme side of the argument against the handling of the case. Most of us think

Howabout some nice mod adding a little poll to see what 'most of us think'

Good re-start Bicks, I was not as familiar with Mary Bell so I wiki'd it and crikey... Not a nice read, but I understand why it's relevant to the topic.

Mary Bell On Wikipedia

A lot of people don't realise that mary bell also had an accomplice - an older girl who was acquitted of all charges.

That is the extreme side of the argument against the handling of the case. Most of us think

What options do you think for the poll, its not a simple a) or B) for this one!

Indeed! What is the question, for that matter?

How about was their punishment just:

a) Their punishment was strong as they were only kids at the time and didnt know any better

b)Their punishment was fitting and fair for the crime committed (taking into consideration their age)

c)Their punishment was not fitting for the crime and they should never be released regardless of their age at the time of the offence

d)The death sentance

a) Their punishment was strong as they were only kids at the time and didnt know any better

b)Their punishment was fitting and fair for the crime committed (taking into consideration their age)

c)Their punishment was not fitting for the crime and they should never be released regardless of their age at the time of the offence

d)The death sentance

doesn't cover all the bases those options for me wiggy. I'd also like:

e) Their punishment was not fitting for the crime and they should have served longer for the crime they committed before being considered for release and reintegration.

which would be me. :)

d)The death sentance

doesn't cover all the bases those options for me wiggy. I'd also like:

e) Their punishment was not fitting for the crime and they should have served longer for the crime they committed before being considered for release and reintegration.

which would be me. :)

Yep fair enough mate.

Isnt a poll ment to be anonymous? ie. not vote then tell everyone what you voted for?

doesn't have to be, no. If people want to say what they voted for, then that is their prerogative Wiggs.

Just as you don't have to say what you voted for either.

Went for longer sentence myself.

Â