The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Before I gave my DS away I had a game where you would fight through egypt and then other eras it was a turn based game, so certain sections of your crew could move more than others, there is a transformers game for the Iphone like this but it is crap. What is the genre and are there any good games like that on the Iphone?

I downloaded an app that records what you say in your sleep and you can hear me saying "shit on the city" **** brilliant! :-D

That's great! I saw that the other day but.. scary no?

Tried it once and it was 280 recordings of my snoring, pretty useless for people like me

• 2 weeks later...

Just got myself a Belkin Video Cable from Carphone Warehouse, nice n cheap with mates discount. Hooks up nice to my tv downstairs and plays youtube, ipod vids, tvcatchup, bbc iplayer.. any vid that streams out of the standard iphone player, I tried zumocast which is free and that streams nicely from my pc upstairs over the wifi.

My HD tv upstairs however uses component not composite so I had to get a scart adapter and unfortunately it's not as crisp. However it's so darn useful that I might be treating myself to a component cable for the upstairs tv.

Now all I'd need to do is jailbreak it and get tvout and I could play my games on the big screen which, looking on youtube, appears to be fantastic.

I have no other urge to jailbreak though and am not sure if i'd lose the jailbreak with syncing/back up etc :S

Is that a new feature stevo? I thought everything went through itunes?

Don't think so. My old iPhone (3G) always did that too. You can't do the music that way, but photos have always been transferrable like that.

Can anyone recommend a good system for getting my iPhone to play in my car. Someone mentioned a "Parrott" systesm in this thread, but I searched and there's loads of options. I'm no technowhizz, all I want is my iPhone to play through my car's speakers. Enabling bluetooth or anything like that would be purely a bonus, I just want the music.

Anyone got any recommendations for a cheap way to do that?

Have you got a cassette player in the car?

If you have, then you can buy iPod cassette adaptors - you just plug one lead into the iPhone and put the cassette shaped gubbins in the cassette slot.

I have one, and it works a treat.

Unfortunately not. My ex had one of those and you're right, they wrok great. Unfortunately I have a CD player so no luck.

I know you can get an itrip but I wasn't a big fan of that when I had one a while back on my ipod classic.

I have used an iTrip on my iPod classic for about four years, the vast majority of that is driving around central and east Birmingham and it works perfectly. The secret is to be on the very edge of a popular radio station rather than look for a completely free channel. 88.7 is what I use.

Some CD autochangers (particularly after market ones) will have what is essentially a headphone input on the back of them, which should allow you to run the ipod through the stereo in a pretty Heath Robinson way just with a cheap cable.

Theres loads of makes of aftermarket ipod connections, I'll look up the make of the ones we've had in our car which has been pretty flawless - it makes the iPod show up as the 6th CD in the autochanger and works simply using the car stereo controls. Can be fitted DIY style if you're alright with a soldering iron and a wiring loom but you can get any car stereo place to fit one.

I will suggest that any you go for, make sure, if you can, that it allows the stereo to control the ipod, for track skipping and the like. Just makes things easier and safer than leaning across to mess about with the ipod itself.

My stereo is just the standard VW Golf stereo, I don't think it has an Audio in, certainly not visible anyway. I'll probably just take it to Halfords or something and ask them the best way to do it.

Â