The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Thanks CV, you put a much less worrying perspective on my phone geekishness. I thought that me knowing what all of the major smart phones out can do meant I cared far too much but I'm nowhere near caring enough to rant about it or preach to people about them. If someone asks my opinion then I'll give it, if someone challenges it then I'll explain why they're wrong. Are you this passionate about all slight differences in technology?

I think if you took CVs rants about the iphone out of this thread it would only be about 10 pages long.

Clearly Apple market their product better. Is it any surprise that a girl who doesn't know anything about the technical side of a phone thinks the iPhone is better? I've never seen an advert for the Galaxy S so I'm not surprised she's never heard of it. Just becauise you know the ins and outs of every phone doesn't mean everyone does.

Sorry not trying to dig up the old debate from months ago on here.

But I'm wondering why people are so loyal to one or other platform and an argument like this breaking out in work is a first. In the end they're both smartphone and 99% the same.

But girls saying iphone is better without ever seeing an android phone really annoys me. One argument was they're more popular and so that makes them better. Despite it being a stupid argument, even that argument is now wrong as android is now now popular.

But neither are even close to nokia. But nobody says nokia are the best. I'm just trying to understand how you can make an argument without any knowledge of the other product.

I don't want to dig up the old which is better, just why smartphones seem to be generating this kind of argument.

Everything generates a "which is better" argument. You don't have to beat easily satisfied people with your slightly superior stick about it though. You don't need to write an angry, ranting note about how awesome the Mazda 6 is and leave it under the wiper of every Ford Mondeo you see...

Or do you?

People don't need to argue over little things about a football club and individual players either? But people do. Get over it, it's a public forum. There was a work discussion over the iphone and I decided to post in the iphone thread. Big deal.

We were trying to help the guy out, he just wanted internet on the go. €89 for the galaxy s, €40 a month, 18month contract, 2gb download and unlimited texts. If and all sky sports channels for free till august 2011.

Damn fine deal. Damn fine. I just got pissed that the girls wanted to cost him more money for an older phone with am app store he'll never ever use.

I just wondered why they were so argumentative about the iphone.

That's the point we all argue over these phones, everyone who ones one or the other fights their side. That was the point of the mail. One guy wanted a smartphone and boom full out war. Never happens in work but it took off. Even girls fighting the case for the iphone but didn't know a thing about android phone. It's such a weird thing.

That's the point we all argue over these phones, everyone who ones one or the other fights their side. That was the point of the mail. One guy wanted a smartphone and boom full out war. Never happens in work but it took off. Even girls fighting the case for the iphone but didn't know a thing about android phone. It's such a weird thing.

Some of us just embrace the technology, use it and couldnt really care that its possibly out of date before its 6 months old. As long as it does what I need it to do thats all that matters.

If my next phone is android based fine but I dont think I would carry on posting every few days in the Iphone forum........its called moving on.

Some people can.......

As opposed to non-argumentative Galaxay S owners............

Just out of interest if he had been looking at a tablet pc would you have recomended the Ipad or the Galaxay Tablet?

I'd recommend Neither, and suggest holding off for the next gen. Which is likely to come as the ipad mini early next year.

But I would interject to say not to buy the galaxy tab unless you don't care about money. I would describe the galaxy tab as a crock of hyped up bullshit.

Honestly tablets are not affordable yet, I'd say in a years time the market will be mature enough. I'm sure I'll go for a windows 7 tablet though. I'd have no interest in apps on a tablet.

Some of us just embrace the technology, use it and couldnt really care that its possibly out of date before its 6 months old. As long as it does what I need it to do thats all that matters.

If my next phone is android based fine but I dont think I would carry on posting every few days in the Iphone forum........its called moving on.

Some people can.......

You're absolutely right. My mate says he's used to the iphone and had no real need or interest to change. I say fair enough and never bother him in the slightest.

But it's when people say it's a better phone and the girls were taking about the old iphone here, then there needs to be discussion. But there was no discussion because they had no knowledge to make an argument.

The point I'm getting at is that it's not just, me or a few people who do this, almost everyone seems to. Hence the all out war in work.

Also, He's gone to get the galaxy s now :D

People don't need to argue over little things about a football club and individual players either? But people do. Get over it, it's a public forum. There was a work discussion over the iphone and I decided to post in the iphone thread. Big deal.

People are passionate about their local football clubs, they support them from childhood to death. They don't choose them, they are just stuck with them based on where they grow up. They go watch them play, wear clothes carrying their logo. That is in no way similar to a debate on which phone someone wants this year (or 6 months). I don't have a Villa AND a blues ST but I do have an andriod and an apple smart phone.

All this stuff about "everyone who ones [sic] one or the other fights their side" is bullshit. Nobody I have ever encountered (except for you) has ever felt the need to "fight their side" about their phone.

PS - I'm quite surprised you'd favour windows 7 given your passion for small differences in value and efficiency.

Not impressed at all with the new iphone. Poorly made device from a so called corporation that is supposed to be on the cutting edge. I have a MacBook, and find them much better to uise than Windows, and was happy with the 3GS, but the 4 is a poor phone

1) Intermittent non-functioning vibrate - a known problem having looked at various forums - the motor gets stuck intermittently - I have missed calls due to this

2) Dropped calls - yes the aerial is shit

3) while on a call if the screen happens to touch your cheek it can put the caller on hold, or speakerphone.

And the design is clunky and not at all aesthetically appealing. Actually regretting getting this now.

:(

Â