The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Have you tried speaking to retentions to get a better deal? Do some research of other profit and tell your operator you can get a better deal elsewhere.

Can someone tell me how they can still be charging shockingly high monthly contracts for an old ( in theory ) out of date i-phone ? Seriously i was havin a quick browse on a site £50 quid was the cheapest monthly contract i could find to get the phone free . Disgracfull

Can someone tell me how they can still be charging shockingly high monthly contracts for an old ( in theory ) out of date i-phone ? Seriously i was havin a quick browse on a site £50 quid was the cheapest monthly contract i could find to get the phone free . Disgracfull

You obviously didn't look very hard. iPhone 3GS available for free on £35 per month contract at phone4u.

Hi guys, Just upgraded to an iPhone 4 with vodafone and currently waiting on back order.

I'm switiching from a Nokia N97 and am completely new to iPhones having never even used one before... can anyone advise any handy tips/info for me to be aware of ahead of it arriving?

i.e.

Any really usefull free apps I should get hold of?

Any essential paid apps you'd advise?

Any tips on how to get things working such as personalised ringtones, wallpapers etc etc?

Plus any cool villa items such as apps/wallpapers available for the phone?

And also are there any glaring ommisions features wise I should be aware of so that I'm not in for a shock? I know previous iPhones had obvious things missing so would be good to know if there is anything still not included in the latest model.

He already got an iPhone 4 so no point saying he should've got an Android. I was actually just interested in the "glaring omissions". Selective omissions like flash etc.. are consciously left out but glaring omission, is like something they forgot to put in. I take it mms, copy and paste, live wall papers etc.. are all in the iPhone 4 though yeah?

I don't know what a live wallpaper is. But the other 2 yes, iphones have had them for years now.

Oh and you might not have said "you should have got an Android", but someone will.

True, someone would've said it.

Live wallpapers are backgrounds that move

a sample of some live wallpapers. I heard the iPhone 4 got wallparpers though, maybe was just static pictures.

But as for glaring omissions, there can't be any in the iPhone 4 now, it's the 4th generation phone any omissions are selective now.

I never said it was, I was saying there is no glaring omissions in the iPhone 4 as it's a 4th generation phone. Things that are left out are done so on purpose. Live wallpapers, especially The Super Mario one eat up batterylife so while cool they also have a negative.

Â