The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I have a Mac which I love so I thought I would get myself an iphone as well and I must say im seriously impressed.

The apps are what make the phone so good, browsing the internet is easy, the ipod is as good as ever and everything else around it is great.

I haven't had any problems with the Antenna either. I spend time on tubes/trains so it's great that I always have something to do from an IQ test/mindless game/learning a new language or just listening to my ipod. Shazam and the tube map are just great!

This phone is fantastic.

I have a Mac which I love so I thought I would get myself an iphone as well and I must say im seriously impressed.

The apps are what make the phone so good, browsing the internet is easy, the ipod is as good as ever and everything else around it is great.

I haven't had any problems with the Antenna either. I spend time on tubes/trains so it's great that I always have something to do from an IQ test/mindless game/learning a new language or just listening to my ipod. Shazam and the tube map are just great!

This phone is fantastic.

This for me, I also have had no reception issues. Baffles me because I grip mine as hard as can be! :-D

It's a good phone alright. But there if no reason for them to charge so much. The hardware is inferior so why can they charge so much for it?. Also the we way apple manages top extract money from people. The only reason to not alie flash for example is so people can't stream video so they'll have to buy it from itunes.

It's things like that which turn me off apple. Trying to control what you do. It's why I'm baffled with the loyalty shown by their users.

The only reason to not alie flash for example is so people can't stream video so they'll have to buy it from itunes.

Not to mention the world of free flash games on the net that would reduce the value of the market.

But again, why are you so bothered by it? If Apple is so poor shouldn't you be happy that you have an android, rather than preaching to iPhone users about how much better yours is?

truth is we're happy with our phones, we really don't give a shit about yours.

Haha, I care about the fact that they care so much.

It's for their own good.

I actually don't know anything about Android phones, apart from that they're apparently better, according to their users.

Its a massive flaw with the design of the phone. The antenna on an iPhone 4 is the metal ring which surrounds the outside of the phone. The human body conducts electricity so if you grip an iPhone 4 in a certain way (a way which seems quite natural if you are left handed) then you are shorting the circuit and grounding the antenna, so the signal will die. Apple cannot fix the problem without redesigning the phone as it is a significant hardware fault. I'm sure they will implement a stealth redesign for the next batch of iPhones where the antenna is coated in a non conductive surface or something, but for the handsets that are out there right now, Apple are ****. You can avoid this by holding the phone in a way where you arent grounding the antenna, or you can place a barrier between the antenna and your skin. A bumper will fix the problem completely. It's a bit of a problem if the reason you bought the phone was because of its clearly beautiful design only to find out you have to put it in a plastic case in order for it to work properly though.

Its a massive flaw with the design of the phone. The antenna on an iPhone 4 is the metal ring which surrounds the outside of the phone. The human body conducts electricity so if you grip an iPhone 4 in a certain way (a way which seems quite natural if you are left handed) then you are shorting the circuit and grounding the antenna, so the signal will die. Apple cannot fix the problem without redesigning the phone as it is a significant hardware fault. I'm sure they will implement a stealth redesign for the next batch of iPhones where the antenna is coated in a non conductive surface or something, but for the handsets that are out there right now, Apple are ****. You can avoid this by holding the phone in a way where you arent grounding the antenna, or you can place a barrier between the antenna and your skin. A bumper will fix the problem completely. It's a bit of a problem if the reason you bought the phone was because of its clearly beautiful design only to find out you have to put it in a plastic case in order for it to work properly though.

I don't know whether you have an iphone, but so far after 5hrs of being on the phone, my signal is yet to drop and im left handed.

All the people I have met with iphone4 are yet to have a problem either.

So whether we are lucky or its a media fire storm I wouldn't like to say but to say the phone doesnt work properly without the bumper is incorrect.

I don't know whether you have an iphone, but so far after 5hrs of being on the phone, my signal is yet to drop and im left handed.

All the people I have met with iphone4 are yet to have a problem either.

So whether we are lucky or its a media fire storm I wouldn't like to say but to say the phone doesnt work properly without the bumper is incorrect.

I have played with a workmates iPhone 4. If you hold it in your left hand with your thumb running along the metal in the top left corner of the phone and your fingers touch the metal in the bottom right then the signal will drop, or at least it did when I tried it (two or thee days ago). You can find literally hundreds of videos on Youtube of it happening too.

It is a problem. It clearly is. It doesnt make the iPhone 4 a shite phone, but you cannot deny it suffers from a huge design flaw. It's not a crippling problem as it can be solved by gripping the phone in a different way or by covering the antenna with plastic (the bumper) which stops you from shorting the circuit and grounding it.

Ill bet the iPhone 5 is a different shape, or has some kind of coating over the antenna.

It's definitely a problem. A massive one and it's hard to believe they didn't spot it first. I'm tempted to say they did spot it and just rushed the phone out regardless, intending to fix it on a redesign.

That being said, it hasn't happened with mine. I hold my phone in my left hand quite a lot when I'm lying down and texting (hold it in my left, text with my right index finger) and it doesn't happen. Maybe there's some way I can make it happen. But if I have to MAKE it happen, that's not a problem for me.

Im tempted to say they did spot it too, hence the bumpers. They were probably hoping to sell them rather than have everything blow up like it has done meaning they have to give the things away. Capitalism eh?

I've said it before but I have no probs with my reception too. I'm just really really bored of people constantly having a dig. We've signed up.. it's too late.. you can't pay us our money back now can you? I like my iphone 4 very much. I couldn't care less if another phone has even better what nots than mine. I like mine.

And as for the free cases... yes most things hardly cost anything to manufacture but they range in retail price (I didn't say value) right up to around £20 so it's not as if they've just palmed everyone off with a cheapo bumper. They've got stock from a bunch of decent brands and offered those.

And to the rest of you that have killed this thread: :P

O yeh some of the cases on offer for free are really nice. I wanted a case anyway and the one i've selected (the thin griffin one out of interest) is perfect.

I care because people keep buying apple products and so feed this controlling machine that is all about extracting money from their customers. It has a negative effect on the whole industry. We need more freedom and less control. Software makers will love apple because they can all extort users for money without much worry.

This needs to change and the freedom of android must become the norm. Controlling apple needs to be beaten in order for it to change it's ways.

Â