The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I was about to say the exact same thing. I know that you are a fool if you buy first gen Apple hardware anyway, but the 4G almost has the same screen resolution as the iPad! If you had enough money to buy either one or the other, its a no brainer for the phone isnt it?

Next interesting thing is to see the Android response to the 4g. Hopefully that will be ready in time for my upgrade early next year. :P

Well 16th June is the date we can ask O2 about a 12 month upgrade on a business contract. Not sure they are going to be making the iphone 4 too affordable so might have to look at a 3GS for the remaining 12 months - lets hope they have some 16gig one left by then.

I agree this does make the ipad look poor in comparison.

Yes, supposedly (and hopefully) they will offer an early upgrade on O2. With regards to the price, the listed price above is in dollars, and I think it is including a contract. Therefore, it is not the price to buy the phone outright, and is infact the price of the phone under a certain contract. I think so anyway...

I'm hoping they will let me upgrade, being that I am on a £40 contract anyway. Plus I would be willing to pay about £100 for the upgrade, or trade in my 3GS and pay nothing. Hopefully something like this can be done.

Someone posted on another site that o2 are going to offer an upgrade charge of £20 for every month left of your contract. I would guess that you will then have to take up a new contract and may have to be a fee for the handset.

My guess is that they are all waiting to see what the other operators are going to charge before going public.

"Hello O2, I'd like to upgrade my iphone to an iphone 4"

"Ok that will cost you £150"

"Hmmmm, Orange will give me an iPhone for £50 if I leave you and join them. Can you match that?"

"Yes"

That will be my tactic when my upgrade comes around.

O2 are paying £185 ATM on their recycle scheme for a 3g.

Now down to £173.00 today whats the betting this will drop even further by the 24th?

Just been on the o2 website it will cost me £40 to end contract early finishes in September looks like I'll be pre ordering on the 15th :D I'm a sucker for new Tech.

Intersesting data caps and charging for MMS,could be an own goal by o2 if the other networks don't follow suit.

Exactly, I don't think I will be upgrading under those terms. I get unlimited date right now, plus they are forcing you to start a new contract. From what I read you can only do 18 or 24 month pas as you go, or a 24 month business contract. This all sounds like a bit too much. I think I'll hold onto my 3GS until my contract expires and then possibly jump ship.

On the other hand, I may just buy it on pay as you go from the cheapest provider and then get it unlocked. I'll wait too see first and will consider just holding off that bit longer to see if anything else comes along too.

that's usually the case. All they want to do is tie you to them for another 18 months, what you pay during that 18 months is a secondary concern.

Â