The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, avfc1982am said:

The real Hitman... I agree.... that Duran knockout is still to this day one of the greatest ever. Righthand straight down the pipe and Duran got felled like a tree. I absolutely loved Hearns as a kid. If he'd been able to stay the course in the first fight he'd have won that by a landslide because Ray was well down on the cards. He definitely got robbed against Leonard in the rematch though. The documentary series on them, 'The Kings' is one of the best boxing docs ever if you haven't seen it. They were all brilliant in that period. I loved the four of them but especially Tommy who will always be one of my top 5 favourite fighters of all time. 

"You're blowing it, kid," the famous line from Dundee to SRL in the corner before the 11th, I think. You have to give Sugar credit for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory though.

I remember Manny talking abput the Hagler fight years after, and how in the changing room before the fight he suddenly seen someone massaging the legs of Hearns and he was mortified because that relaxes the muscles, hence, him having no legs after 3 rnds.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Clarke has the better pedigree and that is the difference. 

Mmm..... Should be but he keeps getting clipped by the right hand. Good fight though. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Wardley's gassed struggling to breath through the nose. I think Clarke's got this tbh if he stays composed. 

Shouldn't they stop it now. His nose is in pieces. Surely the Doc would say no more??

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Shouldn't they stop it now. His nose is in pieces. Surely the Doc would say no more??

Not for a broken nose. It's not obscuring his vision or anything

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Wardley's gassed struggling to breath through the nose. I think Clarke's got this tbh if he stays composed. 

Not many heavyweights around today who don't gass out. Fury and Usyk are maybe the exceptions. 

The days when heavyweights were sculpted from granite. 

Â