The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

turned on for the last round out of curiosity. w...t...f.

not a big boxing fan in the slightest, but that was absolutely ridiculous. a full stadium, loads presumably paid money via PPV, why? anyone on here actually pay for it or all via streams? if you paid, please educate me, what's the interest here?

edit: ok, he's talking about going to WWE. makes sense now, it's just basically the same thing. i get it now.

Edited by tomav84

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

turned on for the last round out of curiosity. w...t...f.

not a big boxing fan in the slightest, but that was absolutely ridiculous. a full stadium, loads presumably paid money via PPV, why? anyone on here actually pay for it or all via streams? if you paid, please educate me, what's the interest here?

edit: ok, he's talking about going to WWE. makes sense now, it's just basically the same thing. i get it now.

No chance i’ve paid for it.

A couple of the undercard fights were actually alright.

That was a farce, but it’s what the Paul brothers want. People talking about them.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Clever. Hyped it up for months, danced around the ring without taking much damage, walked off with a bag. Thats what most of these lot want.

It’s unsustainable. People won’t keep paying for this shit.

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Tyrone Woodley, Anderson Silva, Nate Diaz also embarrassing losing to Jake Paul😂

40 year old Tyron Woodley who was on a bad losing streak and was cut from the UFC. Nearly 50 year old Anderson Silva and Jiu Jitsu fighter (grappling, not boxing) Nate Diaz. 

I'm not sure if you're saying that MMA is shit? It's a different sport. A boxer would get destroyed in MMA, just as MMA fighters don't generally do well in boxing. Make no mistake, Dillon Danis came here to troll, not fight.

2 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

How much was this for ppv?

I just wanted a bit of silliness, it's been pretty boring though. I've definitely paid what it is worth.

I think I saw someone say they paid £25

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm very surprised the bubble is still going strong with this sort of thing. In the past one of these would have collapsed a promoter but they just keep coming back with the con and it shows no sign of slowing.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They will I'm afraid. These lot can release drinks, trainers, boxing fights, you name it and they can sell it because people just blindly buy whatever they offer. It's crazy.

There's also a lot of Z listers who are happy to act like idiots for a few months in order to get a fight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

There’s a very good chance it’s turns into a farce in one way or another. WWE#2

it's fine, now i know that's the deal i'm OK with it. i just thought it was supposed to be a legit fight, now i know it's just a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously. even the commentators are in on the act

2 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

I'm very surprised the bubble is still going strong with this sort of thing. In the past one of these would have collapsed a promoter but they just keep coming back with the con and it shows no sign of slowing.

It must be WWE / social media fans, not boxing fans

11 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

40 year old Tyron Woodley who was on a bad losing streak and was cut from the UFC. Nearly 50 year old Anderson Silva and Jiu Jitsu fighter (grappling, not boxing) Nate Diaz. 

I'm not sure if you're saying that MMA is shit? It's a different sport. A boxer would get destroyed in MMA, just as MMA fighters don't generally do well in boxing. Make no mistake, Dillon Danis came here to troll, not fight.

Yes 

Â