The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It's on reddit have a scan.

I was just pointing out to the bit in your post that said apparantly, so was just wondering if it actually happened?

The story doesn't interest me enough to log onto the sites to go through it all though, was just a general question whether more had developed on it and that it was indeed true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So your assumptions regarding Bo Mac were based on what?

That he'd been locked up for carrying a gun through customs and denied bail due to a previous conviction in the US.

And your assumptions that I'd decided that on the basis of race were based on what?

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That he'd been locked up for carrying a gun through customs and denied bail due to a previous conviction in the US.

And your assumptions that I'd decided that on the basis of race were based on what?

No, lets have it right. You said he'd been denied bail due to the people he associates with? That is an assumption based on what? And when I suggested he could have easily been given bail by them confiscating his passport, you still argued that he would be a flight risk. Another assumption based on what? And you "thought he had a previous conviction," you didn't know for certain he had one. In my book they're assumptions .

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

No, lets have it right. You said he'd been denied bail due to the people he associates with? That is an assumption based on what? And when I suggested he could have easily been given bail by them confiscating his passport, you still argued that he would be a flight risk. Another assumption based on what? And you "thought he had a previous conviction," you didn't know for certain he had one. In my book they're assumptions .

Well, according to Bo Mac himself he has previous convictions for firearms offences, drug offences, driving offences and child support offences.

You can read about that here if you like:

https://www.essentiallysports.com/boxing-news-everyone-deserves-a-second-chance-terence-crawfords-coach-bomac-on-seeking-pardon-for-gun-charges-drug-charges-driving-suspension-and-child-support/#:~:text=Terence Crawford's coach%2C Bomac%2C has,wants to clear his record.

Terence Crawford’s coach, Bomac, has talked openly about his legal challenges. These include gun charges, drug charges, driving suspension, and child support cases. In a recent video interview, he shared his efforts to get pardoned. He wants to clear his record. He said, “Got to get pardoned first for all the charges I got for carrying guns… Got to get some stuff sponged off my record, Got to get some stuff sponged off my record of the gun charges, drug charges, and the driving on the suspension and child support.”

Again, do you want to tell me why it is you think I've made assumptions based on race or do you want to retract that?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, according to Bo Mac himself he has previous convictions for firearms offences, drug offences, driving offences and child support offences.

You can read about that here if you like:

https://www.essentiallysports.com/boxing-news-everyone-deserves-a-second-chance-terence-crawfords-coach-bomac-on-seeking-pardon-for-gun-charges-drug-charges-driving-suspension-and-child-support/#:~:text=Terence Crawford's coach%2C Bomac%2C has,wants to clear his record.

Again, do you want to tell me why it is you think I've made assumptions based on race or do you want to retract that?

I already knew all that, but the very fact that he was looking to be pardoned shows that he has long left that lifestyle behind. Yet you still made the assumption that he was denied bail due to the people he associates with, surely you can see why I asked you how you came to that assumption, when we have no real knowledge of the case.

If you honestly didn't make that assumption based on the colour of his skin, then fair enough, I apologise. 

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If you honestly didn't make that assumption based on the colour of his skin, then fair enough, I apologise. 

I honestly didn't make that assumption based on the colour of his skin, and if I'm honest I'm struggling to see how you made that leap, but thank you.

If we can go back to the boxing, it's mostly a real shame for Bud Crawford, who will probably be retired by the time McIntyre is released and for Eubank Jr, who looked like he might finally have found a trainer capable of getting something out of all that natural talent he has.

As you say, he's clearly tried hard to leave that lifestyle behind, but carrying a loaded weapon onto a commercial flight indicates that he's not quite there.

You'd hope the courts will take into account some of the very good stuff he's doing with his gym, but given the seriousness of the offence, I can't see it going well for him.

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Adam Azi

Adam Azin talking about fighting Dalton Grant, now that's a fight I would pay to watch. 

The Olympic high jumper, unfair match that one mate 😆

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I honestly didn't make that assumption based on the colour of his skin, and if I'm honest I'm struggling to see how you made that leap, but thank you.

If we can go back to the boxing, it's mostly a real shame for Bud Crawford, who will probably be retired by the time McIntyre is released and for Eubank Jr, who looked like he might finally have found a trainer capable of getting something out of all that natural talent he has.

As you say, he's clearly tried hard to leave that lifestyle behind, but carrying a loaded weapon onto a commercial flight indicates that he's not quite there.

You'd hope the courts will take into account some of the very good stuff he's doing with his gym, but given the seriousness of the offence, I can't see it going well for him.

But I struggle to get my head around how he got the gun through US customs or how he would have even had a licence to carry a firearm in the USA with a criminal record. It really does beg more questions than answers. 

I was watching a guy on You Tube talking about the incident and he was adamant that Bo Mac wouldn't be that foolish to carry a firearm to the UK when he's fully aware of the stringent gun laws we have over here. There was also talk of maybe some skullduggery involving the Kinahan lot. He is back in Crown Court Monday, it will be interesting to hear what exactly his defence is going to be.

But I struggle to get my head around how he got the gun through US customs or how he would have even had a licence to carry a firearm in the USA with a criminal record. It really does beg more questions than answers. 

indeed - it seems that he arrived on a private plane and that it can be easier to bring stuff through that way, but obviously that's much more difficult on the return trip on a scheduled flight, and there's some talk about him mentioning a robbery on a previous trip to the UK and wanting to ensure his own safety -  but he's not someone who is naive about the UK and gun laws - one of the reasons he was so keen to try to expunge his previous record was because he was considering becoming a UK citizen, he'll have been well aware of how guns are seen here. It seems a monumentally stupid step to then go to smuggling in a gun while he's here.

Is Monday likely to be an occasion where we'll find something out or will it be one of those quick processes where he enters a plea and they arrange a date and it's done in two minutes until the next court date?

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

indeed - it seems that he arrived on a private plane and that it can be easier to bring stuff through that way, but obviously that's much more difficult on the return trip on a scheduled flight, and there's some talk about him mentioning a robbery on a previous trip to the UK and wanting to ensure his own safety -  but he's not someone who is naive about the UK and gun laws - one of the reasons he was so keen to try to expunge his previous record was because he was considering becoming a UK citizen, he'll have been well aware of how guns are seen here. It seems a monumentally stupid step to then go to smuggling in a gun while he's here.

Is Monday likely to be an occasion where we'll find something out or will it be one of those quick processes where he enters a plea and they arrange a date and it's done in two minutes until the next court date?

He may well try and ask for bail again, I'm not too sure how many attempts you get now. It used to be two and then apply to a judge in chambers but that's all stopped. He could get deported without them continuing with the offence, otherwise he could be looking at another 5 months at least before it comes to trial, and only then will we know the details. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to the main event tonight. You can’t beat a good old fashion, domestic showdown, especially for a world title. It’s quite easy to make a case for both of them. I think Warrington will just edge it. Should be electric as well as it will be a proper football atmosphere

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Looking forward to the main event tonight. You can’t beat a good old fashion, domestic showdown, especially for a world title. It’s quite easy to make a case for both of them. I think Warrington will just edge it. Should be electric as well as it will be a proper football atmosphere

Good scrap so far. 

Woods is spent,.no defense or any decent offense. Why is he walking forward,.needs to back up and give himself some space. Woods left eye looks ready to cut as well. 

Edited by tinker

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Woods is spent,.no defense or any decent offense. Why is he walking forward,.needs to back up and give himself some space. Woods left eye looks ready to cut as well. 

This post aged quickly

• Haha 1

Â