The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s on, the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world in December

Someone’s 0 has got to go (maybe) 

About bloody time

Lets see if it happens. Sure to be an 'injury' beforehand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Massive ask, but I honestly believe Canelo’s  stock is on the way down due to the PED abuse over the years

I don't know about you, but I've always found Gingers in general to be an awful breed of mankind. 😉😉

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s on, the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world in December

Someone’s 0 has got to go (maybe) 

About bloody time

Will believe it when I see it, still plenty of time for something to happen for it. It to go ahead

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve started the Fury’s Netflix show. It’s so hard to believe he’s the best in the world at anything.

The amount of boxers you could say that about. Granted, he's not the brightest bulb, but he hasn't got to where he is by being anyones fool. All the money you could ask for and never been beaten in a boxing ring, that's not a bad achievement, especially when you consider all the mental health issues. 

Credit where it's due, as I see it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Massive ask, but I honestly believe Canelo’s  stock is on the way down due to the PED abuse over the years

I haven't even bothered with the Fury documentary, I think it's the jumpers he wears. 

I think he beats Usyk fairly convincingly, just too big and just as clever in boxing IQ. I don't think it would be a classic, a bit like when he beat Klitschko. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure why I hadn't realised Gervonta Davis had spent the summer in prison - I thought he'd been quiet!

Heard this, was put under house arrest apparently in his 4 million quid apartment but couldn't manger and broke his bail.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

One would almost think you begrudge him his "4 million apartment".

No not at all, just think he would be able to keep to his bail, he could afford anything brought to him, not as though he was shacked up in a one bed flat.

In fairness, Gervonta was always likely to spend some time behind bars sooner or later, this might not end up being his only visit. He's from the very mean streets of Bal'more.

Fun fact - he was trained as a young un by the guy they based Cutty on in The Wire.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, Gervonta was always likely to spend some time behind bars sooner or later, this might not end up being his only visit. He's from the very mean streets of Bal'more.

Fun fact - he was trained as a young un by the guy they based Cutty on in The Wire.

Just read, apparently he crashed his Lambourghini into another car and left some pregnant women trapped in her car and just drove off.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

You are aware of the deep corruption and racist agenda in the Baltimore police force?

Not to mention the amount of times Black people have been murdered for the very fact that their black? 

You made assumptions about Bo Mac when he was arrested, saying the police are probably aware of the people he associates with. He's a boxing trainer, not a thug. 

No one on here knows the truth of the case, so why make assumptions based on racial stereotypes ?

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

You are aware of the deep corruption and racist agenda in the Baltimore police force?

Not to mention the amount of times Black people have been murdered for the very fact that their black? 

You made assumptions about Bo Mac when he was arrested, saying the police are probably aware of the people he associates with. He's a boxing trainer, not a thug. 

No one on here knows the truth of the case, so why make assumptions based on racial stereotypes ?

Whoa there! I have made and make no assumptions based on race and I'll thank you for taking that back.

• Like 1

Â