The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I think the boxxer cards are horrendous. Losing Hearn was obviously a big blow and his stable but jesus they’ve gone from world title fights Hearn to English and southern area scraps with Shalom. If this shite was on channel 5, folk be calling it out. 

On 16/06/2022 at 10:24, stuart_75 said:

Hearing the guy doing the filming at the end of the clip saying "there was no need, there was no need".

There was EVERY need, and as mentioned above the slap head ginger deserved a crack on the jaw too.

There was a need to deal with the guy but there wasn’t a need to potentially end his life, as much of a prick as he was, which a 30 stone ex-professional boxer could’ve easily done (and may well have for all I know).

That being said, it looked like he might’ve been taking a swing at the r bouncer before getting KO’d so you could well argue self defence, and I’m not sure what can be said about excessive force in that situation if not switching up to a weapon say.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

There was a need to deal with the guy but there wasn’t a need to potentially end his life, as much of a prick as he was, which a 30 stone ex-professional boxer could’ve easily done (and may well have for all I know).

That being said, it looked like he might’ve been taking a swing at the r bouncer before getting KO’d so you could well argue self defence, and I’m not sure what can be said about excessive force in that situation if not switching up to a weapon say.

I think he was more a nause than a physical threat to an ex heavyweight boxer. Lbh, the loud- mouth probably couldn't fight sleep.

Anyhow that punch would have been fatal, Francis could have been facing a murder charge, never mind manslaughter. 

• Like 1

I can’t see how they’d have made a murder or manslaughter charge stick.  Julius threw one punch, good luck arguing that it was excessive. 

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I can’t see how they’d have made a murder or manslaughter charge stick.  Julius threw one punch, good luck arguing that it was excessive. 

Plenty of people have been done for man slaughter after throwing just 1 punch.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Rev said:

Doesn't have to be excessive. A prosecutor would argue that Francis knew how lethal his fists could be, him being an ex heavyweight boxer. 

I know a lad, an ex boxer, who killed a bouncer with one punch outside a club in Moseley. He got life for murder.

Just now, Genie said:

Plenty of people have been done for man slaughter after throwing just 1 punch.

There was an incident recently on Broad street where someone was killed with a punch. The perpetrator was charged with murder.

• Like 1

And was the murder charge levied against him because he instigated the fight or because he’s a boxer?  There’s clear video evidence and more witnesses than anybody could ever need as to what happened here, Julius wasn’t the aggressor, he was doing his job as security and had seen a man throw multiple punches at his colleagues and then square up to him and shape to throw a punch.  In what world can you argue that he couldn’t defend himself?  Because he’s a somewhat famous boxer who retired nearly twenty years ago?  Does that mean he can’t seek employment in the security industry or defend himself if someone tries to attack him? 

Edit:  Was the guy you knew called Nicolas Salhan?   

Edited by The_Rev

31 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

And was the murder charge levied against him because he instigated the fight or because he’s a boxer?  There’s clear video evidence and more witnesses than anybody could ever need as to what happened here, Julius wasn’t the aggressor, he was doing his job as security and had seen a man throw multiple punches at his colleagues and then square up to him and shape to throw a punch.  In what world can you argue that he couldn’t defend himself?  Because he’s a somewhat famous boxer who retired nearly twenty years ago?  Does that mean he can’t seek employment in the security industry or defend himself if someone tries to attack him? 

You're telling me that idiot was a physical threat to Julius  Francis.? Don't make me laugh. That's what the court would have to decide, but the fact is, if that lad had died, Francis would be facing charges, without doubt. 

I know plenty of bouncers who would have laughed at that prat. Francis should have stuck him under his arm and smacked his Harris, instead of what could have been a mountain out of a molehill. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

No. I'm not going to give his full name, but the lad is well known over Acocks Green.

In that case I guess this subject goes no further because you can't examine the differences between what happened to your boy from Acocks Green.  We'll have to agree to disagree. 

Just now, The_Rev said:

In that case I guess this subject goes no further because you can't examine the differences between what happened to your boy from Acocks Green.  We'll have to agree to disagree. 

Like I said, Francis is lucky it wasn't more serious. He would have had a hard time justifying that action in a law of court. Then again, you never know with jury's. 

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like I said, Francis is lucky it wasn't more serious. He would have had a hard time justifying that action in a law of court. Then again, you never know with jury's. 

Ain’t that the truth, walked out rather than down of a couple of shall we say lost causes. A lot to be said for a nice whistle and cheeky boyish good looks 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

Â