The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

On 14/07/2019 at 00:18, The_Rev said:

I’m not sure it ever will. It’s years past it’s sell by date, Khan only fights for big purses. Apparently he earned more for this glorified spar than Brook got for his back to back hammerings at the hands of GGG and Spence. If Brook doesn’t bring any money to the table or any glory, what’s the point?  Khan’s probably got one more US PPV in him, certainly if it’s against a name like Pacquiao. 

Khan Vs Pacquiao is apparently signed for November 8th in Saudi Arabia

Yeah, I saw Khan retweeting everything on Twitter just now.  You'd think he'd wait until Manny's fight with Keith Thurman this weekend was over and done with, wouldn't you? 

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Have to admit , coming up on August and it's been a pretty crap year for world class fights so far.

Hopefully we get a third helping of Canelo the cheat and Triple G and the latter wins by tko. Now that would be justice restored. 

On 15/07/2019 at 14:37, Demitri_C said:

Yes good points there.  It is a strange fight. It's a dangerous fight because you never know with Ortiz . But wilder although he seem to have being losing the fight he literally caught him once and it was game over.

Can't see anything different. One thing I respect wilder though is he doesn't avoid the big fights.

How do you see wilder-fury 2 going?

It usually is game over if Wilder catches you, unless you're Tyson Fury, that is. 

18 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Yeah, I saw Khan retweeting everything on Twitter just now.  You'd think he'd wait until Manny's fight with Keith Thurman this weekend was over and done with, wouldn't you? 

Thurman is going to beat pac 

On 17/07/2019 at 11:35, Demitri_C said:

Thurman is going to beat pac 

I'm not so sure. Thurman looked rubbish in his last fight. I hope pacquiao beats him simply for the fact he's a decent guy and Thurman has been an absolute prick in the build up to this and said some very disparaging and disrespectful things.

On 17/07/2019 at 11:19, sheepyvillian said:

Hopefully we get a third helping of Canelo the cheat and Triple G and the latter wins by tko. Now that would be justice restored. 

Canelo is getting better, coming into his prime. Very impressive against Jacobs. Golovkin looked old in his fight in June.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm not so sure. Thurman looked rubbish in his last fight. I hope pacquiao beats him simply for the fact he's a decent guy and Thurman has been an absolute prick in the build up to this and said some very disparaging and disrespectful things.

Yeah I want pacman too. But I think Thurman wins on points.

Spence batters then both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Canelo is getting better, coming into his prime. Very impressive against Jacobs. Golovkin looked old in his fight in June.

I can't take to Canelo. He's a cheat and he had the judges on his side in the first fight with Triple G . A judge even gave him the nod when he was totally schooled by Mayweather. 

Golden Boy are a rotten egg .

• Like 1

If Thurman can't beat a 40 yr old Pacman, then he may as well forget boxing.  Jeff Horn beat Pac, that's how much he's declined. You can't consider yourself an elite fighter if you're going to struggle against, what in boxing terms, is an old man.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Thurman can't beat a 40 yr old Pacman, then he may as well forget boxing.  Jeff Horn beat Pac, that's how much he's declined. You can't consider yourself an elite fighter if you're going to struggle against, what in boxing terms, is an old man.

Jeff Horn didn't beat Pacquiao . The record books say he did but my god that was some serious home cooking.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So whyte tonight what s everyone reckon? I'm hoping whyte wins as sets up a good future fight with wilder or fury

Very dangerous fight that he probably didn't need to take. Rivas's record is a bit padded. Win over Jennings is the only one that stands up to scrutiny.

Â