• Stephen Warnock
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Brad Friedel
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Collins
    • Carlos Cuéllar
    • Other (specify)

Completly agree with Risso about Gabby, if there was one player that we needed and one player we couldn't afford to lose, it'd be Gabby IMO.

I agree but it doesn't automatically mean that he has been our best player.

Perhaps but I still think he's been exceptional pretty much every game. Especially the big games.

Completly agree with Risso about Gabby, if there was one player that we needed and one player we couldn't afford to lose, it'd be Gabby IMO.

Perhaps but I still think he's been exceptional pretty much every game. Especially the big games.

He has done well but exceptional? I think that is slightly OTT if I'm honest.

Some great displays this season from lots of our players :)

I think it has to go to Richard Dunne though.

1) Dunne

2) Milner

3) Collins

4) Agbonlahor

5) Cueller

6) Warnock

7) Friedel

8) A Young

9) L Young

all those players are worthy of a lot of praise for this season.

Considering for alot of the season he's had to lead the line by himself (well until recent weeks when Heskey has turned up) and He's scored 8 Prem goals and his hold up play has been very good and always willing to run the channels constantly, has worked as hard as anyone.

Considering for alot of the season he's had to lead the line by himself (well until recent weeks when Heskey has turned up) and He's scored 8 Prem goals and his hold up play has been very good and always willing to run the channels constantly, has worked as hard as anyone.

I never disputed that he had worked hard or played well.

When I look at player of the season I try and base it on who has improved and stepped up that extra level from last season? Who has added something to their game to make themselves a better player?

So in my opinion Gabriel Agbonlahor should win it this year. Last season when he went 10-15 games without scoring, there were alot of people around me moaning about him being lazy and not running the channels, not scoring enough, not having a 'football brain' and should be dropped from the team in some cases.

During preseason he has asked himself and the people who matter - where can i up my game?

His strength on the ball is now a good level - i dont think we'll ever see Drogba strength but he held vidic and brown off the ball yesterday in a few instances.

He hasn't lost any pace from where im sitting. He seems more willing to run down the channels this year so he is more determined to help the team out when we need to chase down from the front.

His first touch seems much better this year, still not the best admittedly, but its improved considerably.

But most importantly - he's scoring goals - valuable goals against some of the best teams in the country. He's near the 10 goal mark now so hopefully we will see him reach 17-22 goals by the end of the season.

So my vote goes to Gabs. :)

Milner for me. Exactly the type of player I wanted to see at Villa all throughout the Noughties - hard-working, fast, skilful, loyal, not a posing, preening dickhead and chips in with goals. If he avoids injury he'll play at least two group games at the World Cup, if not all of them. Then who knows.

Milner is head and shoulders above a team who have been outstanding - simple.

If he don't go the world cup it will be a national disgrace !

Edit re above

Take it you didn't like Lee Hendrie then ?

On the contrary, there was a time in the late nineties where I loved Lee Hendrie. I remember a performance on a pig of a pitch against Lombardo's Crystal Palace where he ran the show. But I know people might not agree but I like my Villa without the obvious superstars - they just don't seem to fit when their personality is too big. Notable exception: Paul Merson

Is Rooney world class? Who was better yesterday? Didn't say he was, just that he is turning into one. His pace has always been a game changer, and he is adding finishing skills.

Agree. And you didn't say he was world class, you said he was "turning into" world class.

He is our best striker, he is only young, he is improving all the time. If he really isn't turning into world class we should sell him and buy someone who is, imo.

I don't know if Gabby could turn world class, has he got the natural technical ability? probably not, however when Drogba..who isn't exactly the most technically gifted players was 23/24, he was still playing in the French Second division I believe and has just constantly worked on his game. His (Gabby) touch has improved every year, his finishing is actually very good, he's good in the air, he's strong. I'm sure he could go on to become one of the best strikers in the league if he isn't already and perhaps Europe in the future.

Â