• Stephen Warnock
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Brad Friedel
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Collins
    • Carlos Cuéllar
    • Other (specify)

I'm surprised Dunne has got so few votes. He has been immense and very consistent in defence, which tbh is where the real improvement has come this season.

I think it's a case that most would have him 2nd or 1st but just plumped for Milner. It's certainly what I did.

Tough choice. Which i'm happy about. I'm gonna go for Dunne too. But not to play down the other players, warnock for example. I'm not saying anything new here I know. I'll be honest that watching on saturday I still had a least favourite player but I think he is MON's baby and MON sees a use for him that maybe sometimes, most times, we don't. So it worked for us and that's fine. :)

The best thing about this poll is that it was very hard to chose. In the end I voted for Collins as I think he's been immense and have been a kind of defender we've missed for a while. But tbh, I can't disagree wtih those who've voted for Milner, Dunne, Warnock or Gabby. And most of the other players has been far from bad. From what I've seen so far Luke Young is on his way back to his best that had me thinking he was our 2nd best player last season.

I went for Milner, but it was a very tough choice.

Gabby, Dunne, Big Brad and Carlos have been awesome, and Warnock, Collins, Young, Young and Petrov very effective as well.

That's practically a whole team of joy.

I can see why many would go for Jimmy, but for me it has to be Dunne. tackles like the one he made last night on bent (I think it was Bent anyway) are match winning tackles and he has done this all season. A leader, an inspriation and genuine class player who has lifted the perfromance of not only the back 5 but the entire team.

Best signing by MON ever imo

Dunne at 5 million is one of the signings of the decade i would say.

It might not last but on this season alone i havent seen such a rock at the back for many years.

We look so comfortable dealing with corners and set plays its unreal.

Â