LC: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2009/12/01 19:45

limpid

No Carew. Hmm.

Fair enough really. He did very little on Saturday.

Good to see Downing start. Hopefull Heskey is up for this one!

Can't deny that. Would have liked him on the bench though.

Interesting midfield - I hope the way we play helps them bring out the best in each other rather than trying to win a corner or a free kick.

There's no way we're going down with that team. I would say that's our strongest 11 at the moment (maybe Collins for Dunne).

Every single one of the midfielders and attackers are potential match-winners. Awesome.

That's a nice bit of initiative regarding the team-selection, well done MON. Milner in the middle is something new to experiment with and I like the idea and can work, but we'll see but I'm loving the fact Downing is starting and we've gone with a very good team but I'd still prefer a 4-5-1 but I'm willing to give Heskey a secon... one-hundreth chance lol.

UTV!

Well that obviously means there will be a thread speculating Carew has been reprimanded again and will be out in January.
I expect JC & MON had a little contretemps and beat the shit out of each other.

Sorry guys i usually sit in the optimist camp but Im going to hop over the fence on this one.

I actually think that team will get over run in the middle of the park like we were against Wigwam.

Good to see Downing start but id have been happier with another central midfielder in there and Gabby uptop on his own.

Sorry guys i usually sit in the optimist camp but Im going to hop over the fence on this one.

I actually think that team will get over run in the middle of the park like we were against Wigwam.

Good to see Downing start but id have been happier with another central midfielder in there and Gabby uptop on his own.

If a midfield of brown, belhadj, yebda and Hughes overrun downing, petrov, young and milner then we may as well pack up and go home now.