LC: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2009/12/01 19:45

limpid

Well, Avram Grant is a decent manager, but he's not Paul Daniels. They are a poor, poor side and although that doesn't always translate to a win for us, we really should still beat them 2 or 3.
Yes I still think we will win. I think Grant will want to concentrate on the league

Guest Ricardomeister

Although Pompey pretty much played Man Ure off the park for the first 45 minutes on Saturday (as they have done to other teams in previous games) they again failed to take their chances and lack a reliable goalscorer. That coupled with no James, Boateng and O'Hara should mean a Villa win if we apply ourselves and play to our potential. However we should definitely not underestimate them as we are not good enough to not respect any team.

The game should be high priority for us and I would hope to see 3 or 4 changes in our line up. If we score early I really would like to see us go for the jugular rather than go 10-0-0 again!

We are so inconsistent (even within a single game) that it is difficult to ever predict a Villa scoreline but I hope we will create far more than we did on Saturday and I will go for a hard-fought 2-1 win, possibly after extra time.

UTV SOTC

i find it a bit ironic that a team that is so predictible in their play (i'm talking about us) can be so hard to predict scores for.

this could easily be 3 or 4 nil either way and neither would be particularly surprising.

both managers could do with going through - mon because it will keep deflecting attention away from our generally pi55 poor play, and grant because it will give him a good start as manager and a boost to morale at the club, but at the same time both managers can justifiably come out and say that the league is far more important and that going out isnt a disaster.