LC: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2009/12/01 19:45

limpid

wonder who partners Petrov in the middle?

When it starts, can somebody whos watching it post up if there is a concrete CM of Young/Milner/Downing partnering Stanley. Or are they swapping, interested to hear. Ta!

Sorry guys i usually sit in the optimist camp but Im going to hop over the fence on this one.

I actually think that team will get over run in the middle of the park like we were against Wigwam.

Good to see Downing start but id have been happier with another central midfielder in there and Gabby uptop on his own.

If a midfield of brown, belhadj, yebda and Hughes overrun downing, petrov, young and milner then we may as well pack up and go home now.

I think i'll be holding my breath every time Brown goes near Downing.

Think as Pompey don't pose much of an attacking threat from centre midfield, Petrov can hold and Downing can express further up the pitch and interchange with Young/Milner. Obviously if we were playing a better team i'd imagine it would be Gabby up front on his own and Petrov and NRC holding.

Loving that team, Milner in centre would be as box to box as you can get. Downing in Centre would be incicive passing. Interesting, hope Ash goes on the right, could be what he needs to get him going again crossing the ball with his natual foot.

Even though I dont think we'll play like the following....id love to see it. Ash needs to get off the wing for a while, he has been rather wasteful:

_______________Guzan______________

__Young___Cuellar____Dunne__Warnock_

________________Stan________________

____Milner_________________Downing___

__________Gabby______Ash____________

_______________Heskey_______________

Will be interesting to see who plays in the middle with Stan though. Hopefully Milner for me!!

Sorry guys i usually sit in the optimist camp but Im going to hop over the fence on this one.

I actually think that team will get over run in the middle of the park like we were against Wigwam.

Good to see Downing start but id have been happier with another central midfielder in there and Gabby uptop on his own.

fully agree.

That central MF is very thin. We couldn't play that against a decent side. However, pompei have selected a very weak starting 11 themselves, so we have every chance ....

stop being so blimmin sensible! no, seriously, my head totally agrees with you but i dont think i can stand another game creating nothing, so my heart says f*ck it lets go all kevin keegan and try for a rugby score.

Even though I dont think we'll play like the following....id love to see it. Ash needs to get off the wing for a while, he has been rather wasteful:

_______________Guzan______________

__Young___Cuellar____Dunne__Warnock_

________________Stan________________

____Milner_________________Downing___

__________Gabby______Ash____________

_______________Heskey_______________

Will be interesting to see who plays in the middle with Stan though. Hopefully Milner for me!!

I think we'll start 442 but could see us playing in the above formation at some stage with Stanley, Milner & Downing in the middle with a fairly liquid front 3.

I do worry this will be a case of too many cooks tho.

Nervous, excited, worried, buzzing..... this is cup football at the business end. Anyone else smell Wembley???

COME THE **** ON BOYS LETS **** DO THIS

It's only the Carling Cup Ash. :lol: :winkold:

Nervous, excited, worried, buzzing..... this is cup football at the business end. Anyone else smell Wembley???

COME THE **** ON BOYS LETS **** DO THIS

It's only the Carling Cup Ash. :lol: :winkold:

Yet represents 50% of our chance of winning a trophey this season/decade.