ACADEMY : 09/10 stats/results thread (AVFC 2-1 Portsmouth)

AndyClarke

yeah agreed andy

in other news, Ethan Moore has been sacked no idea why I'll try to find out

we've signed a couple of irish lads to be scholars for next season, 1 being Michael Drennan a striker from Evergreen and the other is a right winger don't know his name yet though

You don't need tickets, it will be free entry. Just turn up (at VP)!

Scrap that! I'm sure it's always been free before...

Villa's Young Lions will be looking for a good start in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup semi-final against Newcastle - and you can play your part by buying tickets for the Villa Park clash ONLINE.

Tickets for the game on Thursday April 8 - ko 7pm - will be available to purchase from our online ticket office ONLY next week.

Admission is £3 (adults) and £1 (under-16s and over-65s).

Villa made it through to the last four of the competition with a remarkable penalty shoot-out win over Fulham.

Trailing 2-1 in extra-time having already battled back from a goal down in the regulation 90 minutes, Daniel Devine bundled home an equaliser in the dying seconds to take the tie to spot-kicks.

After some Devine inspiration in open play, goalkeeper Calum Barrett took a leaf out of Brad Guzan's book with two penalty saves as Villa won the shoot-out.

If they can now make it past Newcastle, they would face Chelsea in the final.

Stay tuned to www.avfc.co.uk for details of when tickets for the first leg will become available.

Link

• 2 weeks later...

Headed down to Bodymoor Heath for the first half of this game before heading up to Bolton. What a fantastic appetiser!! Only saw the first half and we were 5-0 up at the break. It could have been a dozen quite easily.

The Villa line up was - Siegrist, Berry, Cameron, Deeney ©, Ward, Blythe, Lampkin, Johnson, Taylor, Carruthers and Roberts. Subs Flanagan, Love, Barrett, Bryan and Clifton.

Goals were from Blythe, Lampkin, Johnson, Roberts and I think Carruthers although could have been Connor Taylor. SO one sided was the game that the MK Dons substituted their keeper after half an hour with no apparent injury. A perfect warm up for Thursdays FA Youth game and with the chance to rest Simmonds, Williams, Devine, etc they must be extremely confident.

Stand out players were Lampkin and Carruthers who tore them apart at will. Lampkin's crossing and speed down the right was exceptional and set up the pick of the goals for Danny Johnson. Carruthers played in between the midfield and young Connor Taylor up front and just picked the opposition apart. Joyous stuff and nice to see two decent performances in a day.

So as I had to leave at half time....anyone know how we finished???