ACADEMY : 09/10 stats/results thread (AVFC 2-1 Portsmouth)

AndyClarke

Young defender Charlie Ward is out for a year, he will undergo knee surgery in a few weeks don't know the precise injury

Jason Lampkin damaged his cruciate, meniscus and cartilage and will be out for around the same period

Went down to Bodymoor Heath for the first half of the Under 18s game against Crystal Palace today before heading off to Fratton Park. Great sight at Bodymoor today with the under 10s, 12s and I think it was 15s in action as well. Not sure of the final score but everyone involved on Friday got a rest and it was a rather scratch team put together. Villa were 2-0 when I left shortly before half time. The team was Barrett, Love, Flanagan, Bryan, Clifton, Dyer, Bradley, Johnson, James Collins, Darkin, Cameron and subs Siegrist, Graham, Robinson, Ghahore and Ellis Deeney.

In the little I saw only really James Collins made any real impression however I was impressed with Darkin's pace, little bit of skill and physical build. Will be interesting watching him come through next year.

Yes Villa site confirms 2-1 with Villa's goal from James Collins Jnr as he has now been christened. Yes it was Jordan Graham. And youre right with Robinson and Gnahore. The writing on the teamsheet was appalling and struggled to make out the name!! :) Darkin played up front with James Collins. Remember you tipping him earlier in the season as one to look out for and he looked fairly lively

Darkin usually plays centre midfield but obviously due to the striker shortage played up front, he's got good natural ability, surprised that Robinson was on the bench I don't rate him much to be honest, how were the back 4? it was quite an unusual defence, can guarantee they've never played together, how was Johnson?

Dates for the Cup Final have been announced.

Villa have confirmed the dates for the FA Youth Cup final clashes against Chelsea.

The first game, at Villa Park, takes place on Thursday April 29, with a 7.30pm kick-off.

The second leg, at Stamford Bridge, will be held on Tuesday May 4, with a 7.45pm start.

Villa secured their place in the showpiece by seeing off a strong Newcastle side over two legs.

There is a coach travel offer available for the second leg clash at Stamford Bridge.

It will depart at 3.30pm and it's a £17 flat rate [no disabled facilities available].

To book, contact 0800 612 0970.

Link

Danny Johnson did okay. I was really impressed with him against the MK Dons with better players around him but he didnt have a great deal of support yesterday. He doesn't look a bad player though and will be nice seeing him more involved next season. Palace looked a lot stronger than us yesterday and the midfield got no sort of grip at all.

The back four performed manfully. Didnt get a lot of protection from the midfield and held together pretty well. To have left for Portsmouth and then find that we had only shipped the two goals that I saw was a bit of a surprise bearing in mind the amount of possession Palace had.