NHL

Vojskovoda

Kopitar is the star, we are really proud over here, 2 million Kings fans in Slovenia atm.

we've got 980 registered ice hockey players in Slovenia, one of them is a NHL star, plus Mursak playing for Red Wings, national team playing in IIHF Division 1, unbelivable stuff

3-0, closing in on a LA cup.

On a more sad note. Vladimin Krutov is dead. :-( That lineup with Krutov, Makarov, Larionov, Kasatonov and Fetisov is still the most awesome thing I've ever seen on ice. Unreal talent and skill. Impossible to take the puck from them in their prime without violence, (looking at you canada).

mhhBl.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wayne Gretzky's daughter, Paulina Gretzky, on the right - apparently on set for an Adam Sandler film.

Screen-Shot-2012-07-12-at-1.58.29-PM.png

Wow. :shock:

Wow indeed. Apparently she's a real bad girl, too :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally went down to see my first hockey game on Saturday. Think I followed most of what was going on, though getting my head around the number of faceoffs and why they happened was a bit tough. Good fun, will definitely be going again.

Nearly every stoppage of play (and thus the resulting faceoff) is the result of either offside or icing.

icing: basically think a defender in football hoofing the ball forward to no one in particular and you've basically got it. This results in a faceoff in the icers' defensive zone (and the icing team not being able to substitute during the break)

offside

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â