General Chat

Stevo985

My daughter isn't having the best of luck recently, she got her toothbrush stuck in her throat earlier and luckily the missus got to her straight away, but she's waking up crying every half hour so she's obviously in pain

Kids are a bloody nightmare

What attracts old men to Thailand?

In my case, absolutely nothing.

You'd have a great time there - it has something for everyone.

It's got a certain reputation amongst people who have probably barely ventured out of their own back garden, but it's an amazing place once you look beyond the seedier aspects.

• Like 1

Nah. I'm a cool climate, bland food, homebody kind of guy. I get homesick during a week in Majorca. 

The missus would go there like a shot, so she's a bit pissed off with my (small c) conservatism.

She's given up on trying to persuade me to retire in the tropics. She's now compromising with trying to sell me southern France, knowing that it's about as far from my comfort zone that I could maybe stand.

I'm not budging beyond Devon ATM. :P

She's given up on trying to persuade me to retire in the tropics. She's now compromising with trying to sell me southern France, knowing that it's about as far from my comfort zone that I could maybe stand.

I know I've said this a million times, but please don't retire here, think the heat would kill you :)

Baffles me why people love the tropics so much. It's not all beaches here.

My degree grade is on the wall at uni but I'm at home. Absolutely terrified.

Don't they email it, or tweet it, or some such these days?

Nope, they have no common sense so it's on a board so everyone can see what you got

I know I've said this a million times, but please don't retire here, think the heat would kill you :)

No danger of that. Places like the West Indies have been mentioned though. I just remind her about her aversion to creepy crawlies. And hurricanes. And crime.

No danger of that. Places like the West Indies have been mentioned though. I just remind her about her aversion to creepy crawlies. And hurricanes. And crime.

:thumb:

Nope, they have no common sense so it's on a board so everyone can see what you got

We actually aren't allowed to do that (students union objected to it). Why? Well, various reasons, but they include parents who come in, see a bad result, and beat the crap out of their kid on university premises. Seriously.

We actually aren't allowed to do that (students union objected to it). Why? Well, various reasons, but they include parents who come in, see a bad result, and beat the crap out of their kid on university premises. Seriously.

Here I was thinking only Asian parents did that...

• Like 3

Â