General Chat

Stevo985

Aaaaaah there we go, all makes sense now! Post pics of the trip!

How long till the greencard comes through?

**** knows. Whenever the Immigration Nazis get round to it. Due to the UKs lax immigration policy, America treats Britain as a higher risk these days. Really annoys me when you consider that The US was built on immigration. I'm sick of this cold weather and need to get back to Jacksonville asap!

Agreed but we didn't have the threats to our country that we do now. You can blame Bush, you can blame Reagan and the 80's but it boils down to the present and at present we got shoe bombers and guys tryin to blow themselves up coming from the UK and EU, it should be hard for you to get into this country tbh.

And if I made add, how it is bullshit how easy it is for someone from the UK/EU to get a job in this country, but try being an American getting a job in the UK/EU - you're better off searching for Atlantis.

Hahahahaha I just had this funny image of the archetypal Englishman (kinda looks like Sherlock H.!) with a cup of tea in his hand, holding it with his index finger and thumb with his pinky finger sticking up and out really high, and a smile all toothy saying "Oh that's jolly good", all while the woman has a mouthful, HAHAHAAHHAA i crack myself up.

I love airports. In fact I love travelling alone generally - as long as it's somewhere relatively "civilised" (by which I mean Europe or North America). I've no desire whatsoever to visit any third world countries.

the next 2 sundays of my life are already making me nervous! feb 28 villa vs man u. and march 7 i fly to brum......well...i fly to atlanta, wait 4 hours, overnight flight to paris of all places,and THEN to brum. tbh i am most nervous about the airports. i have a HUGE fear/nightmare of being stranded with no way to contact anyone and no way for anyone to find me. also....i won't even be able to speak to my husband for that game! it'll be too much. and i will be in an irish pub surrounded by man u fans when i watch it. so that will be good times.
Why do airports make you feel stranded? There's always a telephone or even an internet café in some?

idk...why are people scared of spiders when they can easily crush them? or the dark? its just since i was a kid i have dreams of being lost....i can't get to anyone i know...and no one knows where i am. and airports...especially in other countries make me feel like that could happen. i made it last time but i flew straight to england. but even when i landed my phone company said my phone would work and it didn't...luckily my friend found me about an hour and a half later...of course the airport had aslo screwed up the info that day and she said my flight info never showed up. AND my suitcase was literally lying to the side of baggage claim with a few other bags....just left there. no one around. nothing going on. i put ugly stickers all over it to find it if that type of situation should occur.

If you happen to be a young American lady travelling to the UK to meet your husband or boyfriend, then you may very well feel like you're stranded....

pretty much exactly this

Wear your best clothes when flying. When your luggage doesn't turn up, and you have nothing, you may as well have your good shit on.

Been in Australia six weeks now, and still no sign of my suitcase

And how exactly have they justified this?

idk...why are people scared of spiders when they can easily crush them? or the dark? its just since i was a kid i have dreams of being lost....i can't get to anyone i know...and no one knows where i am.
Celebrity Villa fan Benjamin Zephaniah (see separate thread) says that when he was a kid his favourite game was getting lost. He'd get a random bus to some distant part of Birmingham and wander around for a while and then try and work out how to get home. :)

idk...why are people scared of spiders when they can easily crush them? or the dark? its just since i was a kid i have dreams of being lost....i can't get to anyone i know...and no one knows where i am.
Celebrity Villa fan Benjamin Zephaniah (see separate thread) says that when he was a kid his favourite game was getting lost. He'd get a random bus to some distant part of Birmingham and wander around for a while and then try and work out how to get home. :)

what does he do for fun now? walk on glass! to me that guy is a badass! thats the sort of thing i would have fun doing with a friend. but by myself i just start thinking of all of tha bad stuff i have ever heard and i am convinced it will happen to me. no idea why. i don't get scared in almost any situation ever. just traveling alone apparently. maybe this should go in the weird thread rather than general chat. idk....i just hate it

what does he do for fun now? walk on glass! to me that guy is a badass! thats the sort of thing i would have fun doing with a friend. but by myself i just start thinking of all of tha bad stuff i have ever heard and i am convinced it will happen to me. no idea why. i don't get scared in almost any situation ever. just traveling alone apparently. maybe this should go in the weird thread rather than general chat. idk....i just hate it

And bear in mind he was (and indeed still is) black. So he was probably cruising for a bruising in some areas. But he said that the slightly scary feeling he got from being lost gave him a buzz.

He probably caught a buzz home, too. (Brummie accent joke).

And bear in mind he was (and indeed still is) black. So he was probably cruising for a bruising in some areas. But he said that the slightly scary feeling he got from being lost gave him a buzz.

He probably caught a buzz home, too. (Brummie accent joke).

*laughing* geek!

i wish i could explain why this scares me. why THIS specific thing makes me nervous and filled with worry. the flying is fine. its just being lost....alone. i wasn't stranded as a kid or anything. i have 2 sisters that have driving issues. one hates bridges...the other main highways. neither will drive on them unless they have no other option. and they freak out the entire time. i was the one who has been hit by a car. not them. i'm fine with driving...they aren't. my dad is kinda oldschool. very manly. tough. hunter,fisherman,angry,hardworking, and a bit funny. but as tough as he always has been he is completely terrified of spiders. i'll catch them and set the free. my mom has issues with public speaking. she can't do it. she freaks out. i have no problems with it. i could talk in front of a crowd just on the spot about something if i needed to. but leave me alone in an airport and i start thinking something bad will happen. NOT A CLUE WHY. no one in my family has ever had this type of problem or worry. don't know where it comes from.

I quite like spiders. If I find them I just leave 'em to it. I've had one just by the bath for a few weeks now. Spun a web and everything. Actually, seeing as I have no flies in my flat, maybe I should take the poor wee bugger outside - bet he's getting hungry.

I quite like spiders. If I find them I just leave 'em to it. I've had one just by the bath for a few weeks now. Spun a web and everything. Actually, seeing as I have no flies in my flat, maybe I should take the poor wee bugger outside - bet he's getting hungry.

This :)

Â