General Chat

Stevo985

Friend got taken to hospital for drinking too much the other night. Clown.
I remember when one of my mates had the same. He projectile vomited into the back of his mums head in the rear seat of the car after drinking a bottle of neat vodka. He ended up having his stomach pumped.

What's all this stomach pumping buisness?

Just put them on a sofa and leave it to the morning.

I think if that had been done he would have either choked on his own vomit and/or his liver would have failed. It was a full bottle of neat Smirnoff and he wasn't exactly a heavy duty drinker.

Seems that any major binge on a spirit will put most people off that spirit.

I still have a massive aversion to both Bacardi and bourbon due to ill-advised sessions many years ago.

The only thing I ruined myself on was pernod. I'd never tried it; a mate said "do you like licorice", I said yes so he got me a double. I quickly filled the nightclub sink with my dinner and haven't touched it since.

All of my mates have ruined themselves on either sambuca or tequila. I'm still 'good to go' on both of those :) But I can't touch apple cider. One word - Pwhelli.

Nah I don't light it, it burns the precious alcohol. I got a flaming drambuie wrong once and got 2nd degree burns between my thumb and index finger. Yeouch. Damn tasty though :D

I can only drink Sambuca with a mixer these days. We got into the habit (thanks mostly to WS1 I think) of going to the bar, getting a bottle in and a shot, which was always Sambuca. After months and mnths of this ritual, we did it once on an almighty bender and the moment I swallowed the Sambuca my body essentially rejected all the alcohol in it and I had the instant need to be sick, which wasn't pleasant sprinting to the loo.

However, I'm very partial to a sambuca and lemonade.

Nah I don't light it, it burns the precious alcohol. I got a flaming drambuie wrong once and got 2nd degree burns between my thumb and index finger. Yeouch. Damn tasty though :D

On drambuie (never had it flaming), I'm still quite proud of the fact in the first year, myself and a mate discovered it in one of our regular haunts, and managed to finish a whole bottle over the numerous nights out, the staff informed us it was only us drinking it :D

I can only drink Sambuca with a mixer these days

I've never even thought of doing that. It just sounds wrong (though in saying that I'll probably try it now :)).

All of my mates have ruined themselves on either sambuca or tequila. I'm still 'good to go' on both of those But I can't touch apple cider. One word - Pwhelli.

Haven't been able to drink tequilla for about a year and a half now. I felt ill just watching my mate doing a slammer the other day.

Â