General Chat

Stevo985

£10 ? Are you a Spanish student?

Sea, see. Me Gusta. Paella?

Going to the pub midweek, £2.30 a pint. £10-15 is plenty surely? £50 would mean *grabs calculator*, 21 pints. I wouldn't be able to walk for two weeks.

£6 Fags

£3 chippie

lets say £3 pool

lets say £3 juke box

thats £15

say £2.50 a pint, 10 pints £25

theres your £40 and then throw in £10 for a taxi (if I dont make last bus) that there is your £50

You've made me feel boring.

Ahh, Kismot. That's the one I was thinking of. I've a mate in Edinburgh who is due a visit. I will definitely do that while I'm there.

I expect a review once it is done. And a picture of you with tears in your eyes and milk down your front after it is completed!

My Girlfriend doesn't understand why I would quite happily go to the US for 3 monts and purely take on food challenges!

Neither does mine. She was horrified when I made the pizza-burger.

My Girlfriend doesn't understand why I would quite happily go to the US for 3 monts and purely take on food challenges!

Wow pizza burger sounds amazing.

If you are ever near Bristol, check out this burger!

pic-pa-734196134.jpg

8659151.jpg?429

:shock:

That looks horrific....

Going to the pub midweek, £2.30 a pint. £10-15 is plenty surely? £50 would mean *grabs calculator*, 21 pints. I wouldn't be able to walk for two weeks.

£6 Fags

£3 chippie

lets say £3 pool

lets say £3 juke box

thats £15

theres your £40 and then throw in £10 for a taxi (if I dont make last bus) that there is your £50

And there was me thinking we were in a recession! Don't smoke, don't feed the jukebox, don't play pool, eat before you go out (although I must admit to having little resistance to a chippy after a few beers).

So my night out would just be the beer. But I couldn't handle ten pints (I may have done it a few times in my life, but only over a long session) - five would be a more plausible amount (and that would undoubtedly give me a hangover - see the appropriate thread).

On spicy food, I don't pretend to be one of these people that can "handle" it which is the strange thing. If I have something that's hot, I damn well know about and it damn well shows, generally through profuse sweating and/or sobbing. I just like the taste. The missus doesn't understand that either, she argues there's no taste and just heat at that level, but I swear there is.

On spicy food, I don't pretend to be one of these people that can "handle" it which is the strange thing. If I have something that's hot, I damn well know about and it damn well shows, generally through profuse sweating and/or sobbing. I just like the taste. The missus doesn't understand that either, she argues there's no taste and just heat at that level, but I swear there is.

Definately is taste there!

I am always fine eating it, especially with a glass of milk! And I prefer the taste. The problem is the next day when on the bog it is sheer torture!

pic-pa-734196134.jpg

Am near Bristol, and rather hungry... where can I get me one of these?

Have you not seen it? It was made for the benefit of VT, should be some pics in the "crap food" thread somewhere.

Here we go.

Inspired by this thread, I took it upon myself to trial a concoction I'd dreamed up over the weekend; the Deep Dish Burger.

Very simple, take two Chicago Town deep dish pepperoni pizzas (or whichever takes your fancy, I'd wager the pepperoni ones would work best though), turn them inwards and use in lieu of burger baps.

PA130213.jpg

PA130215.jpg

PA130216.jpg

PA130218.jpg

PA130222.jpg

PA130226.jpg

Me and a couple of mates want to do a food challenge (man vs food style). I have tried googling and I just get breakfasts. Anyone know any good steak ones in uk?

London Steak Challenge

CHeers LockStock. By posting that one I have found a website: http://www.thefoodproject.co.uk/uk-food-challenges.html

I think i could do that one......although pretty expensive if I fail!!!

Good find on that site, I plan on trying to take on some food challenges soon. I have a home back in the states not too far from where he did the Man v Food steak challenge in Baltimore. Been very tempted to try it sometime...Just so costly if you lose

pic-pa-734196134.jpg

Am near Bristol, and rather hungry... where can I get me one of these?

Jolly Fryer, 557A Filton Avenue Horfield, Bristol, Avon BS7 0QH

£6 Fags

£3 chippie

lets say £3 pool

lets say £3 juke box

thats £15

And there was me thinking we were in a recession! Don't smoke, don't feed the jukebox, don't play pool, eat before you go out (although I must admit to having little resistance to a chippy after a few beers).

So my night out would just be the beer. But I couldn't handle ten pints (I may have done it a few times in my life, but only over a long session) - five would be a more plausible amount (and that would undoubtedly give me a hangover - see the appropriate thread).

In full swing at university I was often spending over £50 on nights out. I could drink incredible amounts then. I think my most was £80 one night, and I remember nothing of that night at all. That would go almost entirely on booze, maybe £10 on food/taxi and say £5 for pub entertainment.

That might explain the horrendous hangovers I would get and why I walked away from uni with a maxed £2.5k overdraft :oops:

Gareth, That looks amazing. I am soooo hungry right now.

Why do women not understand these things!?

I work with a woman who totally understands it.

She's going in for a gastric bypass operation next month. True.

Â