General Chat

Stevo985

Root Beer - another one i don't get.
I spent much of my childhood reading about root beer in American comics and dying to try it. I finally got there and tried it and I hated it. Thought it would be like dandelion & burdock, but it wasn't.

Can you still get D&B, BTW?

See your local (less than friendly) Tesco Mike, the do packs of 6 cans or for the traditionalists :winkold: Barrs in Old fashioned, what used to be returnable, bottles

Where is 'here' ME? I can make out it could be either of the two sides of the pond, and if I had to guess I'd go for the one with less love for round footballs.

To me Christmas is about love and emotion and taking time out to show it to others. Spending your valuable time and energy thinking of what the other person would like to receive (maybe even without them knowing it), as opposed to what you would like to give, is a way of showing love; buying a 'gift pack' of shower gel, deodorant and soap from Boots isn't. Spending time with people who mean something to you is important, going to visit family you don't like or who don't like you, just because they're family most certainly is not.

Apparently I'm in a minority.

sorry...here is florida. and what christmas is to you is what i wish it was to most people...and instead...especially this year it seems....it just isn't. and i guess i'm sort of crushed by that. its kinda got me down. but i'll get over it. i figure as long as i am at least trying to care then maybe a few others will catch on.

Man City suffer new Johnson blow. I believe they had to settle his bar tab. In other news his knee is sore. Probably fell off the barstool :) Allegedly of course *cough*.

I was so excited about Christmas today that I couldn't eat my peanut butter sandwiches at lunch because I had butterflies in my tummy.

Bookmarking this post for every time a Brit says "what's with the American obsession with peanut butter?"

Peanuts and peanut butter are OK but why do they have to appear in 90% of american candy bars? British chocolate is soooooooooo much better and diverse.

but why do they have to appear in 90% of american candy bars

To mask the taste of the inferior chocolate? (semi joke).

Anyhoo, I love peanuts and all things peanutty EXCEPT for peanut butter. Go figure :? I'd like to like it; I just don't.

Â