General Chat

Stevo985

Was told last week that I would be losing my job as the budget has been almost halved and it is easier to keep others on who have more qualifications than me, even though I have an amazing success rate. Thank **** I had covered myself with two other jobs but I still feel like shit. Feel like I have been dumped. Kind of kept this quiet from people and am hating have to keep explaining that I am one of the "numbers" the council are dropping thanks to the cock sucking council.

On a positive note I've been given more fun work by the IWchronicle, gonna be doing a feature on Isle of Wight bands. Fun but I will miss some of the young people I have worked with :(

Oh and to make matters worse they said "try not to get into any full time work as something might come up in 6 months"

**** off!

Aye, it sucks. :-( but I went out and got pissed with some of the cool people from work last night. met and spoke to an amazing new Island band (Council estate supermodels, check them out!) and then sat in Ryde for an hour in the cold waiting for a bus with my zip on my trousers busted lol.

Quite looking forward to my Street Fighter 2 energy drink, the only drawback being that I'd need to have been to work in order to actually need it. Every positive has it's drawback :(

Highlights from the end of the weekend's NASCAR Nationwide (2nd tier) Series may be of interest to UK viewers on 2 counts:

* It's the Top Gear 300 with a Stig appearance

* Kimi Raikkonen makes his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut

(only searched this video out when I noticed the Top Gear logo painted on the grass during the highlights for the Sprint Cup race on SportsCenter)

I went to that American food shop in Aldershot on Saturday and I'm feeling a little ill now, I'm not sure if it's down to America not having all the health laws on their food like we have or maybe it's just the quantity of stuff I've eaten.

I think I may end up overdosing on this stuff with Root beer foaming out of my nose, someone will need to inject something bland like mashed potato to my heart (if Pulp Fiction is anything to go by)

Oh well, off to eat some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts! :D

I'd wager it being you not used to eating high fructose corn syrup. Americans stick it in everything, and it's sickening in anything but small quantities if you're not used to it.

I'd wager it being you not used to eating high fructose corn syrup. Americans stick it in everything, and it's sickening in anything but small quantities if you're not used to it.

Hooray for agricultural subsidies!

It's that time of year where VillaTalk becomes better than Off Topic.
Only temporarily, until we appoint the next manager. Then the pro- and anti- camps will start off at each other and it'll be time to GTFO again.

Only temporarily, until we appoint the next manager. Then the pro- and anti- camps will start off at each other and it'll be time to GTFO again.

Don't forget the transfer window though, the rumours ranging from ridiculous to pant wetting exciting, the supposed ITK's and guessing line ups for the next season. It's is generally good during the summer.

I guess there is an irony in the less football Villa are playing the better the VillaTalk forum is.

Don't forget the transfer window though, the rumours ranging from ridiculous to pant wetting exciting, the supposed ITK's and guessing line ups for the next season. It's is generally good during the summer.

I guess there is an irony in the less football Villa are playing the better the VillaTalk forum is.

I'm a bit love/hate with the main forum and transfer rumours; I can't resist reading to see what might be in the offing, but that also starts off the schoolkids.

"Why the **** are we talking about buying [X]? Totally **** overrated - I'm sending back my season ticket if this is the standard of player we are looking at. We should be signing [Y] from Dynamo Somewhere, a bargain at £50 million. Randy just shows no ambition".

"[Y]? You're kidding me, right? He's shit - probably the worst player I've ever seen in my three years of watching football. I just signed [Z] on FM, and he scored 45 goals in his first season, and Villa won the Premiership, FA Cup AND Champions League".

etc., etc.

Â