General Chat

Stevo985

I'm far more draconian than that.

Examples:

If status updates are not in full grammatically correct English - defriended.

No I don't give a toss about your diet - you will always be a heifer - defriended.

I've realised that quite a few people have deleted me off facebook :(

The majority that I've noticed are exs or girls that I've got with on random nights, still.. that's no reason to delete someone

deletion of friends on FB is good.

i'm always deleting people off my friends list... basically if they aren't family and if i haven't spoken to them in 12 months, then they get deleted.

weirdly i find facebook an excellent way of keeping contact with people that i dont really have time to meet up with or phone. A number of friends that travel and colleagues from old work places. They may put pictures up of their new cat or a status about a headache but the beauty of facebook is that i simply dont have to look at it. Rarely delete anyone, i just view it as a huge contact list with some extra benefits.

i'm always deleting people off my friends list... basically if they aren't family and if i haven't spoken to them in 12 months, then they get deleted.

weirdly i find facebook an excellent way of keeping contact with people that i dont really have time to meet up with or phone. A number of friends that travel and colleagues from old work places. They may put pictures up of their new cat or a status about a headache but the beauty of facebook is that i simply dont have to look at it. Rarely delete anyone, i just view it as a huge contact list with some extra benefits.

i'm not saying it has to be real-life contact, maybe just the occasional message or emails exchanged.

but if you don't have any interaction with them at all, then why do you want to see photos of their new cat.

I've realised that quite a few people have deleted me off facebook :(

The majority that I've noticed are exs or girls that I've got with on random nights, still.. that's no reason to delete someone

Exactly this for me. I've actually refused friend requests from people who I know well and see frequently, because I don't need them to be on FB.

"Friends of friends" and distant/long-ago/occasional acquaintances however are ideal candidates.

"Watching Piranha the movie! So shit it's genius!"

Ohhhhhh dear. ;):lol:

Fudging Pedant. :bang:

**Batters US with mjmooney's stick**

Touch not the Stick of Ganflarg!

"Watching Piranha the movie! So shit it's genius!"

Ohhhhhh dear. ;):lol:

Fudging Pedant. :bang:

**Batters US with mjmooney's stick**

Can you delete yourself!? :lol:;)

i'm not saying it has to be real-life contact, maybe just the occasional message or emails exchanged.

but if you don't have any interaction with them at all, then why do you want to see photos of their new cat.

thats the good thing, i dont look at the pictures of there cat. If i feel the need to get in contact (maybe I or they are in the area) or want to share a past memory then their they are and I have the forum to use their contact as i wish. I dont feel the need to use facebook to discuss items with close friends and family, I see them often enough.

Another feature i enjoy is that we use facebook to document my sons life. Hes 1 and a half. By the time hes 18 he'll have access to every major event in his life. All document and commented on by those fortunate enough to share in it. Would love to be able to look back on my life in the same way.

I actually havnt got that many VT'ers on facebook, off the top of my head i have Rob, Sellyoak, cant remember any others, except for Ian Robo.

You MUST have theunderstudy. EVERYONE is friends with theunderstudy.... :P

Â