2009/2010 Cards & Suspensions

stato

Just a little extra info...

* The Villa boss also confirmed Stephen Warnock looks set to see his booking against the Toffees rescinded after referee Lee Probert accepted he got the wrong man when he issued the yellow card in the first half. Stiliyan Petrov will, therefore, have a yellow card added to his disciplinary record. The decision of the Disciplinary Committee takes place at 1pm today.

Link

I think Beye may start on wednesday as he has games under his belt this season while Young still hasn't played a minute of competitive football.

I see your point, but how on earth is he going to get competitive football if every time he has an opportunity he is disregarded for lack of it. I say, put him in. He's a brilliant defender and will make us stronger IMO.

Stephen Warnock has had the yellow card he picked up against Everton at the weekend rescinded.

Members of the FA's Disciplinary Committee ruled that it was a case of mistaken identity.

The caution will now be removed from the defender's record and placed on that of Stiliyan Petrov instead.

Petrov is now on four cautions while Warnock remains on three.

Link

I would've played Young at Sunderland tbh.

MON struggles with rotation unless its forced on him with injuries.

To be fair, rotation just for the sake of it is a risky business and surely isn't practiced by many premiership managers, with the exception perhaps of Benitez, who gets a lot of flak for it. Changing personnel would normally be brought on by injury or loss of form. If a 1st XI is fit and playing well, why change it? The other reason to change squad personnel is often to provide an alternative side for cup competitions but I think only the strongest squads can do this. I'm glad MON played almost his strongest side against Sunderland or we may be out of the League Cup by now.

Suspensions for 5 yellows kick in 7 days after 5th yellow, so Burnley away would be the game he misses. I'll update the table at the start when I've made it look good like BOF does!