2009/2010 Cards & Suspensions

stato

AS OF 09/05/10 - BLACKBURN HOME (Yellows for Dunne & A Young) - END OF SEASON:

[table color=#bccde9:ed97b93503][mrow color=#8c333c:ed97b93503]Name[mcol color=yellow:ed97b93503]Yellow[mcol color=red:ed97b93503]Red[mcol color=#8c333c:ed97b93503]Suspended For

[row]Stiliyan Petrov[mcol]12[mcol]0[mcol]BOL [H]

[row]-[mcol]BLA [A], MC [H], SUN [A] CC, EVE [A]*, WHU [A], HUL [H], WHU [H], WOL [H], CHE [A], EVE [H], HUL [A], MC [A][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Richard Dunne[mcol]8[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]BUR [A], LIV [H], ARS [H], REA [A] FAC, STO [A], WIG [A], CHE [A], BLA [H][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]James Milner[mcol]8[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]CHE [H], POR [A] CC, SUN [A], BLA [H] CC, REA [A] FAC, STO [A], EVE [H], HUL [A][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]James Collins[mcol]7[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]SUN [A] CC, WHU [A], BRI [H] FAC, MU [N] CC, REA [A] FAC, MC [A] +1 for WHU[mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Ashley Young[mcol]7[mcol]0[mcol]LIV [H]

[row]-[mcol]WIG [H], LIV [A], WHU [A], HUL [H], ARS [A], REA [A] FAC, BLA [H][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Carlos Cuellar[mcol]6[mcol]1[mcol]WHU [A]

[row]-[mcol]POR [H], BUR [A], HUL [H], ARS [A], STO [A], BIR [H][mcol]EVE [A] 2Y[mcol]-

[row]Gabby Agbonlahor[mcol]5[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]BIR [A], POR [H], CHE [H], POR [A] CC, BLA [A] CC[mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Fabian Delph[mcol]5[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]WIG [H], CAR [H] CC, BLA [A], ARS [A], PAL [A] FAC[mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Stephen Warnock[mcol]4[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]WOL [A], SUN [A] CC, STO [A] + 1 for BLA [mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Luke Young[mcol]4[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]HUL [H], MU [A], SUN [A], FUL [A][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Emile Heskey[mcol]3[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]BLA [H] CC, ARS [H], FUL [A][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Steve Sidwell[mcol]3[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]FUL [H], BIR [A], BUR [A][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]John Carew[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]WOL [A], EVE [A][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Nigel Reo Coker[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]LIV [A], BLA [H] FAC[mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Habib Beye[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]BOL [H]

[row]-[mcol]CAR [H] CC[mcol]WHU [A] 2Y[mcol]-

[row]Stewart Downing[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]MU [N] CC[mcol]-[mcol]-

[row]Craig Gardner[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]-

[row]-[mcol]BOL [H][mcol]-[mcol]-

[row color=#8c333c:ed97b93503]-[mcol color=yellow:ed97b93503]79[mcol color=red:ed97b93503]2[mcol]-[/table]

* Switched from Stephen Warnock on appeal - mistaken identity

5 yellows = banned immediately for 1 game. This ban for accumulation of yellows only applies for cards picked up by 31st December.

10 yellows = banned immediately for 2 games. This ban for accumulation of yellows only applies for cards picked up by second sunday in April.

15 yellows = banned immediately for 3 games. This ban for accumulation of yellows applies all season.

Red Card = banned immediately, usually for 1 game although it can be 2 games (using offensive or insulting or abusive language/gestures) or 3 games (Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person). All these bans are increased by 1 further game if it is a second red within one season, or by two extra games if it is a third red etc.

Sent off for 2 yellows = a red card and you are banned accordingly. These yellows do NOT count for accumulation of yellows purposes.

He's played 2 league games which he got a card on each occasion and he played against Cardiff in the Carling cup and got a yellow as well

I think the only game he hasn't got a yellow so far has been the sunderland game and he only played for 30 minutes

Petrov took a bad knock on Saturday. The ideal would be to try to co-ordinate a spell of suspension with time off to recover from injury. :)

We should try and get them all converted to Downing and let him serve the suspensions.

Be interesting to see how the squad comes in to play now. I just hope that if people come in and play well then they stay in and are not benched as soon as the suspension is ended?

Well im guessing Young is ok to play now aswell, so that might make us even stronger in that position. As for the others, as long as we don`t get them all at the same time we should be ok. Got to love Delph too, 3 cards already.

from a mobility point of view, id like to see what nrc and sidwell have to offer in the middle

My guess is nothing. Don't you know that everyone is shit apart from the back 4. And even then, Cuellar is a waste of money.

from a mobility point of view, id like to see what nrc and sidwell have to offer in the middle

My guess is nothing. Don't you know that everyone is shit apart from the back 4. And even then, Cuellar is a waste of money.

..... you forgot the keeper...... way past his best :winkold:

Martin O'Neill believes it's a "strange" situation when you can contest a red card but not two yellows.

And the Villa boss hopes the anomaly in the rules can be "addressed in the foreseeable future."

MON was referring to the case where Villa can't contest Carlos Cuellar's innocence, despite two dubious yellow cards, yet Everton do have a right of appeal against a straight red shown to their goalscorer Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

The gaffer said: "We can't contest it. The replays show Carlos has been severely dealt with, considering he got the ball with the second one and with the first one it's an impossibility for him to get out of the way. He's made no attempt to stop the player - he's tried to stop himself.

"I just feel he's really unfortunate. There were quite a few red cards over the weekend - some were warranted and some were not.

"It's a strange rule. That's something that could be addressed in the foreseeable future.

"Carlos received two yellow cards and you'd say there is a great deal of doubt about both of them. The consequence is he receives a red card and we can't appeal that. Yet someone who has been sent off for violent conduct has the opportunity to appeal.

"I am not against anyone appealing anything but I think if someone gets a red card as a consequence of two yellows, I think that is enough for a club to ask for some referrals.

"Then TV evidence would come into play and I think that would clear it for Carlos on both counts.

"I have been pretty impressed with the work of the LMA (League Managers Association) - they have made some serious inroads into things we have asked for and I think they have done exceptionally well fighting our cause.

"I am quite sure that is something we would be looking at in the next meeting. It's definitely worth looking at.

"I believe the referees themselves shouldn't take it too much to heart because I think the job nowadays is really, really difficult."

Link

Are we not appealing the Warnock booking then?

It looks that way. To be honest, it's probably a calculated decision because if it were transferred to Petrov, he'd then be on 4 yellows himself. Being captain, MON will see him as being more crucial to the side than Warnock so if he has to choose who gets it, I guess it would be the latter.

EDIT: You already picked up on this earlier in the thread!

Maybe we could appeal to have it given to, say, Craig Gardner then instead? The ref hasn't given it to the proper person so we should be able to decide who, of the rest of the squad, gets the card :D