Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that Spurs are a better/bigger/has a bigger dad club than Villa because they've been better/bigger/had a bigger dad for last 25 seconds, so there.

And so on.

Yep, that and rewriting football history as we know it :lol:

At their best, there is no debate as Gomes is better.

I think quite a lot of people would say there is a debate to be had there.

whilst Gomes can be the best in world for a few weeks and then look like a Sunday league keeper for a few weeks.

One half of that I agree with the other I think is far less accurate.

Dos Santos....He's been one ofthe best attacking players in the world at International level and did very well during his loan spell in La Liga.

Glaston is that you???? Seriously that is laughable.

Joey why did Spurs fans never take Keane to their hearts. Great player for about 6 or 7 years and 122 goals for your club. Can you explain?

Most did the first time around, but many never foragve him for leaving. Personally I think they were very unreasonable and had no hard feelings over him leaving. Also he suffered from his rivalry with Defoe for a starting spot. Defoe, like Keane, has never been the most popular player and it's largelly due to a divide between pro Keane and pro Defoe fans. L always liked them both, but Keane at his peak was the better player. Defoe would have scored more, but the team overall would be better having a player like Keane. To be honest I think Keane ruined Defoe's career. If it wasn't for Keane, Defoe would have scored 20+ goals per season on several occassions.

Seems AVB has a very high opinion of himself in regards to his negotiation with Spurs...he wants to be the ONLY candidate, lol.

Sorry Andre, but your record in England sucks

Why is it laughable Trent? Have you watched his international performance over the last few years?

I have, and I agree it's laughable.

Very good, yes.

Much better than when he plays for Spurs, yes.

One of the best attacking players in the world? Absolutely not.

Don't want AVB to go there. Regardless of his performance at Chelsea he's a big name.

Does that really make any difference?

Big name? no. But I don't want him to go there because I think spurs, with their current players, are set up perfectly for him to play that up tempo style, especially through the midfield and at the front.

They may need some different types at CB, but the pace of that team throughout would serve his style well. Squad would be an issue though, as I think the PL season, and its physicality would require more of a rotation, and that's where spurs could suffer, but AVB's style, reputation as an up and coming attacking manager, and the London life would be a draw to continental players.

Why is it laughable Trent? Have you watched his international performance over the last few years?

Very good, yes.

So take his performances against Chile or Brazil. Which attacking players at International level have you seen perform to higher level in the last year or so? You say it's laughable but have any of the English players or Italian players etc played at that standard? Who and when? I'm not saying he's been the best, been he's been amonsgt the best.

I think the truth is much more likely that neither yourself or Trent have watched him much for Mexico. He's the star player for a country ranked 11th in the world, was named Player of the Tournament at the CONCACAF Cup and was 2nd in the Young Player to the Tournament at the last WC.

Football does exist outside of Europe. He might not have played well in this country, but when playing for Mexico he's been top class and one of the stand out attacking players at International tournaments. I can't see why as a non Spurs or Mexico fan you'd have been watching him.

Very good, yes.

So take his performances against Chile or Brazil. Which attacking players at International level have you seen perform to higher level in the last year or so? You say it's laughable but have any of the English players or Italian players etc played at that standard? Who and when? I'm not saying he's been the best, been he's been amonsgt the best.

I think the truth is much more likely that neither yourself or Trent have watched him much for Mexico. He's the star player for a country ranked 11th in the world, was named Player of the Tournament at the CONCACAF Cup and was 2nd in the Young Player to the Tournament at the last WC.

Football does exist outside of Europe. He might not have played well in this country, but when playing for Mexico he's been top class and one of the stand out attacking players at International tournaments. I can't see why as a non Spurs or Mexico fan you'd have been watching him.

How do you know how much I've watched him?

Why patronise me and suggest I don't know about football outside of Europe?

I don't agree with your (frankly wrong) opinion, so the conclusion you draw is that I don't watch any non european football?

I never said he hasn't been "top class" for Mexico. But YOU said he's one of the best attacking players in the world at international level. And that is simply not true.

Very good, yes.

How do you know how much I've watched him?

Why patronise me and suggest I don't know about football outside of Europe?

I don't agree with your (frankly wrong) opinion, so the conclusion you draw is that I don't watch any non european football?

I never said he hasn't been "top class" for Mexico. But YOU said he's one of the best attacking players in the world at international level. And that is simply not true.

If you think I patronised you it was becasue you agreed with Trent that it was laughable. It's harldy laughable given how well he's played at International level. When he was named player of the tournament at the Gold Cup, that was him performing at the level being discussed. The same can be said of his performances in the WC which saw him come second in the Young Player award.

Sorry if I patronised you, but to dismiss Gio as being one of the best attacking players at International level as "laughable" just isn't right given what he's achieved at that level.

Have you seen much of him for Mexico? If so, what was it about his performances against Brazil, Bosnia and Chile that you don't think make him amongst the best attackers? If he was some unknown from the Mexican league don't be going crazy over his performance and linking him with the worlds biggest clubs?

Don't want AVB to go there. Regardless of his performance at Chelsea he's a big name.

Does that really make any difference?

Does for attracting players. Then again, they don't seem to have much of a problem doing that anyway.

I'm surprised no one has steped up this world star Giovani dos Santos who's languishing in somewhere in the Spurs backdoor.

Also on Gomes, I say the most important characteristic a top quality keeper must have is consistency. I rest my case.

Â