Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: At your last sentence. Are you crazy? Criticise Redknapp all you want, but he is a much better player then Mcleish. He took Spurs from bottom half to 4th, 5th and then 4th again. Get a f****n grip.

McLeish was a much better player than Harry ;)

Well spotted. I obviously meant manager. But even your statement could be questioned.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we have missed out?

No.

There are not many things I would want less for our club than harry Redknapp being in charge of it.

I'd consider having McLeish back before I'd have Redknapp

Surprised you would say something like that stevo.

If we hadn't appointed Lambert then I'm sure there would have been quite a few on here clamouring for Redknapp including myself.

No.

There are not many things I would want less for our club than harry Redknapp being in charge of it.

Surprised you would say something like that stevo.

If we hadn't appointed Lambert then I'm sure there would have been quite a few on here clamouring for Redknapp including myself.

Obviously I was exagerrating (and I only said consider McLeish ;) )

But no.

If we were still managerless then Redknapp would be one of the last managers in the world I would want us to appoint.

It would be similar to if we signed Barton. Sure, h'ed probably do an alright job. But he is an utter prick of the highest order and it's just not worth it.

I don't know how anyone can like Redknapp. And despite his moderate success, I for one would be severely disappointed if he was Villa manager. It would geuninely sadden me.

not to mention the financial damage that man could do to our club.

We are not as well run (financially) as Tottenham. With our recent financial... let's say precautions... appointing Redknapp would be very very dangerous.

No.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: At your last sentence. Are you crazy? Criticise Redknapp all you want, but he is a much better player then Mcleish. He took Spurs from bottom half to 4th, 5th and then 4th again. Get a f****n grip.

You might be overselling his achievements a bit there. Spurs were there or there abouts under Martin Jol. They finished 5th twice in a row and only missed out on Champions League football due to a dodgy lasagne. The board then decided to gamble big on Juande Ramos and it failed spectacularly.

Redknapp took the squad back to the end of the table it should have been at anyway. He did well there, dont get me wrong, but all that bullshit about Spurs being a bottom half side when Redknapp joined was Redknapp's PR department working overtime.

No.

1. I only said consider

2. I was obviously exagerrating

3. My point was literally nothing to do with their managerial ability. Somethings are more important. For me, having a manager in charge who I absolutely despise wouldn't be worth the moderate success that he may (or may not) bring

4. I would take mid table mediocrity over a top 4 finish with Redknapp. No question. A guarantee of actual proper success might tempt me, but it wouldn't feel right.

The man is a scumbag

Oh, and :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: At YOUR last sentence

Grow up

The thought of Redknapp as our manager turns my stomach, I couldn't bare the the sight of that twitchy faced arse in charge of our team. There aren't many things that would see me turn my back on the club but him as a manager or Joey Barton as a player would do it.

Hey guys, we just appointed Paul Lambert! The point is moot!

Exactly, it's all good.

Lambert is younger, less of a prick, has a better ability to work with players of the ability of our current squad, much more tactically astute, more exciting, much better at handling the media (as in better at not looking like a dick), much more liked by fans and you know what... I'd put a large amount of money on Lambert winning a fuckload more in his career going forward than Redknapp's solitary FA Cup.

I just hope some of that success is with us.

McLeish was a much better player than Harry ;)
Well spotted. I obviously meant manager. But even your statement could be questioned.
McLeish was leagues ahead of Redknapp as a player.

No.

It was not "obvious" that you were exaggerating. 6 other posters also pulled you up on your comment so it was not obvious at all, if it was obvious there would not of been the level of direct response to it that there was. You grow up.

It appears that the breaking point came when Redknapp in the process of denying he had quit said that talks about his contract had been delayed because Levy had suffered a bereavement. I thought when I heard him say it "ooohhh not sure you should be saying that Arry" and it would seem it was the final nail in the coffin (bad choice of phrase) between him and Levy.

Who would have thought it, Arry falling foul of saying something he shouldn't about someone to the media. :D

Why was it bad that he mentioned the death of Levys mother? He wasnt being disrespectful.

It was disrespectful to announce that on live television, using it as some kind of excuse as to why Levy hasn't spoke to him about a new contract. Whether that's the actual reason or not is irrelevant, you don't go on TV and announce your boss' mother has died. It's not your place to do so. Shows a lack of respect IMO.

Yes, Levy was not happy with him but that was the final straw apparently.

What is your source?

Whether it was apparently or definitely, this rumour or gossip must of been heard somewhere. Think about it. Where did London Lax hear that this was apparently the final straw?

I work with a few spurs fans who sit on their equivelent of villatalk all day. Apparenty that is the the word doing the rounds.

Levy was frustrated by the end of season collapse and thinking about getting rid but was properly pissed off when Harry was using the media to angle for a new deal and claiming Levy was distracted by the death of his father.

It appears that the breaking point came when Redknapp in the process of denying he had quit said that talks about his contract had been delayed because Levy had suffered a bereavement. I thought when I heard him say it "ooohhh not sure you should be saying that Arry" and it would seem it was the final nail in the coffin (bad choice of phrase) between him and Levy.

Who would have thought it, Arry falling foul of saying something he shouldn't about someone to the media. :D

Why was it bad that he mentioned the death of Levys mother? He wasnt being disrespectful.

It was disrespectful to announce that on live television, using it as some kind of excuse as to why Levy hasn't spoke to him about a new contract. Whether that's the actual reason or not is irrelevant, you don't go on TV and announce your boss' mother has died. It's not your place to do so. Shows a lack of respect IMO.

Yes, Levy was not happy with him but that was the final straw apparently.

What is your source?

Whether it was apparently or definitely, this rumour or gossip must of been heard somewhere. Think about it. Where did London Lax hear that this was apparently the final straw?

I work with a few spurs fans who sit on their equivelent of villatalk all day. Apparenty that is the the word doing the rounds.

Levy was frustrated by the end of season collapse and thinking about getting rid but was properly pissed off when Harry was using the media to angle for a new deal and claiming Levy was distracted by the death of his father.

Fair enough, wasnt having a go with my question, just wanted to know. And it was Levys mother, not father.

No.

It was not "obvious" that you were exaggerating. 6 other posters also pulled you up on your comment so it was not obvious at all, if it was obvious there would not of been the level of direct response to it that there was. You grow up.

Excellent work ignoring the only parts of my post that were actually serious and relevant to the discussion.

I rate the job Harry has done there, but he needs to stop talking so much. He is too friendly with the media always giving them exactly what they want. If he kept things to himself more, then he may still have a job. The man talks too much.

Yesterday said I wouldn't be shocked if he went, but I actually was. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. You'd have to question the sanity of a new manager for accepting the job. To improve on 4th place is going to be incredibly tough. I honestly don't think Mourinho could do and he's considered the best in the world. Chelsea had a blip, that's all. To improve on what Harry did the new manager is going to have to finish above one of Man City, Utd and Chelsea, whilst at the same time fight off the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and an emerging Newcastle. It's a job that could easily ruin the career of an established manager, as it did for Geaorge Graham and Juande Ramos. I'm not sure who I want as none of the candidates really jump out, but I suppose that's as much to do with the fact I think they've got an incredibly difficult job that i'm not sure anyone could do. If Mourinho wouldn't convince then who would? Unless there is a large cash injection coming in, then I don't think the club has reasched its limit until we move to a new stadium.

Yesterday said I wouldn't be shocked if he went, but I actually was. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. You'd have to question the sanity of a new manager for accepting the job. To improve on 4th place is going to be incredibly tough. I honestly don't think Mourinho could do and he's considered the best in the world. Chelsea had a blip, that's all. To improve on what Harry did the new manager is going to have to finish above one of Man City, Utd and Chelsea, whilst at the same time fight off the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and an emerging Newcastle. It's a job that could easily ruin the career of an established manager, as it did for Geaorge Graham and Juande Ramos. I'm not sure who I want as none of the candidates really jump out, but I suppose that's as much to do with the fact I think they've got an incredibly difficult job that i'm not sure anyone could do. If Mourinho wouldn't convince then who would? Unless there is a large cash injection coming in, then I don't think the club has reasched its limit until we move to a new stadium.

I agree, tough job and in my opinion rather daft (hehe) to let him go. We'll see I guess. I'm not sure I agree on Newcastle though. I don't think you have to worry much about them next season.

Â