Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

if most Villa fans were honest I suspect they'd like to see Arry as England manager.

Nope. No-one I'd rather get the job less.

I also suspect if he was ever linked with us they would want him here. I see it as banter but gone a bit too far at times.

Absolutely not. Never, ever ever.

Ever.

Ever ever. EVER

Really? How come?

i don't like the bloke but do rate him. My comment was made on proviso he is found innocent in this trial.

Saying that, from what I'm reading it ain't looking likely.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's footballs biggest shithead. innocent in this trial or not.

I wouldn't want him managing my club and if he managed the national team I'd find it very difficult to enjoy any success that he'd bring.

I despise him.

I don't get all this hatred many Villa fans aim at Arry

He's done nothing to us other than usually do well with his teams down B6, green eyed envy perhaps ?

& so what if he's tried to swerve HMRC, who wouldn't, fair play to Arry, let's hope he gets through this

Three reasons come to mind quite quickly:

Taunting of our fans

Criticisng our fans

Tapping up other teams players live on TV.

Of all the Redknapp criticisms, I find this one the most ridiculous. The fact it's so often cited as a Redknapp criticism shows that fans don't understand the tapping up rules or just don't want to understand them. Have you noticed no one ever gets angry with Harry for doing this? Even the other day when he spoke of Demba Ba's release clause, Pardew made the mutest of retorts and even defended Harry to an extent. The reason is people within the game no the score and so called tapping up through the media is the least of their worries. It's only ever complained about when the selling club want to make it look like they are putting up a fight to their fans. Other than that it's just the fans who complain and that's because otherwise perfectly rational and intelligent people seem to lose their common sense when talking aaout football.

When we were selling Berbatov Levy made a real fuss about so called tapping up through the media. Yet when we had no intention of selling Modric, Levy didn't seem to give a shit that AVB and Cheslea were talking to the press about him. It's almost as if Levy wanted our fans to believe he wasn't taking this lying down but ultimatley had no choice as they'd got to Berbatov. Yet with Modric he didn't seem in the least bit fussed, almost as if it didn't matter as he wasn't selling Modric plain and simple.

Candleface is a fairly good manager (by no means excellent), but he is also corrupt as they come. He's had accusations of corruption hanging over him like a **** albatross since he was at West Ham.

He has left EVERY club he has managed in a ridiculous financial quagmire.

He is too chummy with the press, and uses them to publicly tap up other teams players. The rules state a manager is not allowed to comment on a player under contract with another club, yet he gives not one **** and says exactly what he likes, when he likes. No other manager, including Ferguson, is as much of a word removed for doing this as Candleface.

The situation with the Villa fans came from him lying about coin throwing. The Villa fans gave him a bit of stick when he returned to VP; yet instead of tolerating it like a professional, he stuck two fingers up at the home fans. Then lied about it, claiming he did not know why Villa fans would dislike him. Neil Lennon has had death threats and public assault attempts for a lot less than what Candleface has done to Villa fans, not that any of the behaviour should be condoned.

England. I would hate for this word removed to get the England job, yet I reckon he is still in line for it. Fat Sam should have had the job instead of Schteve a few years ago but he was shunned because of allegations of financial irregularities which turned out to be a fantastic load of bollocks. Candlekunt is not the only candidate for the job, and would most likely **** it up when he can't be a wheeler dealer with transfers.

The court case. Given that MPs were sent to prison for creatively working their expenses, I insist he is sent to prison if found guilty. He doesn't have to be put in with terrorists, armed robbers and murderers, they are filling up the changing room at St Andrews in an adequate manner. However, a suitable length sentence in a lower security prison with a few excitable and over eager soft lads should be appropriate.

Whatever about the legality of it. It is still infuriating to hear Redknapp talking about everyone else's players. No-one does it as much as he does. Hell, Sky GO to him for his opinion on other players because they know he'll give them what they want. He loves the sound of his own voice and has a definite smugness/smirkyness about him that I think most of us want to see wiped off his face by a guilty verdict in this case.

Because he's footballs biggest shithead. innocent in this trial or not.

I wouldn't want him managing my club and if he managed the national team I'd find it very difficult to enjoy any success that he'd bring.

I despise him.

Fair enough. Your opinion. :-)

Whatever about the legality of it. It is still infuriating to hear Redknapp talking about everyone else's players. No-one does it as much as he does. Hell, Sky GO to him for his opinion on other players because they know he'll give them what they want. He loves the sound of his own voice and has a definite smugness/smirkyness about him that I think most of us want to see wiped off his face by a guilty verdict in this case.

I bet they've (sky) booked a slot already on the WHL car park for the annual 'Arry transfer deadline day interview where he has one last attempt at unsettling other teams players.

He's been paid millions over his career. His son is also a very rich man.

Why the **** does he need to go such lengths to hide 200 grand? Is he really THAT greedy?

At 70 odd years old he could retire tomorrow and never have to worry about money again. I just don't get how more than enough is never enough for some people....

He's done nothing to us other than usually do well with his teams down B6, green eyed envy perhaps ?

& so what if he's tried to swerve HMRC, who wouldn't, fair play to Arry, let's hope he gets through this

Taunting of our fans

Criticisng our fans

Of all the Redknapp criticisms, I find this one the most ridiculous. The fact it's so often cited as a Redknapp criticism shows that fans don't understand the tapping up rules or just don't want to understand them. Have you noticed no one ever gets angry with Harry for doing this? Even the other day when he spoke of Demba Ba's release clause, Pardew made the mutest of retorts and even defended Harry to an extent. The reason is people within the game no the score and so called tapping up through the media is the least of their worries. It's only ever complained about when the selling club want to make it look like they are putting up a fight to their fans. Other than that it's just the fans who complain and that's because otherwise perfectly rational and intelligent people seem to lose their common sense when talking aaout football.

When we were selling Berbatov Levy made a real fuss about so called tapping up through the media. Yet when we had no intention of selling Modric, Levy didn't seem to give a shit that AVB and Cheslea were talking to the press about him. It's almost as if Levy wanted our fans to believe he wasn't taking this lying down but ultimatley had no choice as they'd got to Berbatov. Yet with Modric he didn't seem in the least bit fussed, almost as if it didn't matter as he wasn't selling Modric plain and simple.

Okay the word 'tapping' was not the best choice, but even the most one eyed of Spuds fans know it's not in the spirit of the g of worsame to consistently talk about other teams players.

I don't remember AVB and Chelsea going in front of the TV cameras and commenting on how good a player Modric was and how they'd certainly like him in their team, Like Redknapp did with Defoe and Crouch when he went from Pompey to Tottenham.

He's paying millions a year in tax already

Good luck to him for trying to hide a few bob

He pays more than his fair share

What a **** ridiculous post.

Not that I'm surprised given the author.

Your posts really crack me up :-) always amusing to read

Keep up the good work

But why? It's almost as if fans have been brainwashed into thinking this is a bad thing, when in fact it's totally harmless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a manager discussing another teams players. Maing illegal approaches is something entirely different. Fans would have to be seriously naive to think that if a manager wanted to unsettle or tap up a player from anther team, the best way to do it is through the media. He never says anything controversial. He just compliments players, half of them would never be Spurs targets anyway. I can't see why he gets criticised for refusing to take part in the football panto, in which it's for some reason considered bad to do something that is totally harmless. You say he gives his opinion of players, but he really jut states the obvious or says something polite. Other managers do it aswell and those that don't are probably the dopey one's who just don't understand tapping up and think they are somehow being honourable by not answering the questions put to them by the media.

He's paying millions a year in tax already

Good luck to him for trying to hide a few bob

He pays more than his fair share

What a **** ridiculous post.

Not that I'm surprised given the author.

Your posts really crack me up :-) always amusing to read

Keep up the good work

Keep up the trolling and I@ll keep up the replies :thumb:

But why? It's almost as if fans have been brainwashed into thinking this is a bad thing, when in fact it's totally harmless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a manager discussing another teams players. Maing illegal approaches is something entirely different. Fans would have to be seriously naive to think that if a manager wanted to unsettle or tap up a player from anther team, the best way to do it is through the media.

I respect your opinion, you seem like a decen tguy.

But do you really believe this?

You think talking about players in the media is totally harmless?

Joey55, no offence but you really are blinded in this matter, there'd be no point trying to debate it with you. How you can't see a manager's comments, especially a manager from a club like Tottneham to say a player from Pompey would not turn a players head and potnetially start the ball rolling in that player wanting to move is ridiculous.

Redknapp could quite easily not talk about other clubs players yet he constantly does it.

I know the Pompey really got annoyed with him about Crouch and Defoe.

I know you'll never see it for what it is, but oh well that's up to you. and what fans do when someone at their club is criticised. Like I said though, tapping was not the best choice of words, so don't even think I believe it should be regarded as such.

Taunting of our fans

Criticisng our fans

Okay the word 'tapping' was not the best choice, but even the most one eyed of Spuds fans know it's not in the spirit of the g of worsame to consistently talk about other teams players.

I don't remember AVB and Chelsea going in front of the TV cameras and commenting on how good a player Modric was and how they'd certainly like him in their team, Like Redknapp did with Defoe and Crouch when he went from Pompey to Tottenham.

But according to who and for what reason is it not in the spirit of the game? Redknapp talking about Defoe and Crouch wasn't a problem either, but fans make it such. If it was a problem Pompey would have complained, but in reallity the clubs would have already been doing the deals. The whole tapping up or speaking the media crap is just used to placate fans. AVB did talk about Modric, but it wasn't an issue. Redknapp himelf spoke of what nonsense the transfer request thing was, when Newcaslte claimed they had little choice after Carrol handed one in. If a club really doesn't want to sell they wont. When fans go along with these unwritten conventions, they are allowing themselves to be manipulated. Harry might got on people's neves, but what he says represents reallity. I can understand hating him if he's had issue's with your fans in the past, but not for the fact he refuses to take part in the fantasy element of football. Hate the bullshit sherade, not the guy who doesn't go along with it. Do you really believe Downing, for example, was sold because of a transfer request, or players leave due to being courted through media? I remember Paul Jewell laughing at the suggesting Ellington was sold due to stuff written in the media. Selling clubs want fans to belive they hands were forced, when is reallity approaches are amde behind closed doors. Any convention that allows fans to believe in the bullshit is a bad thing if you ask me.

But why? It's almost as if fans have been brainwashed into thinking this is a bad thing, when in fact it's totally harmless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a manager discussing another teams players. Maing illegal approaches is something entirely different. Fans would have to be seriously naive to think that if a manager wanted to unsettle or tap up a player from anther team, the best way to do it is through the media.

I respect your opinion, you seem like a decen tguy.

But do you really believe this?

You think talking about players in the media is totally harmless?

I've not seen an example of when it's not. If a manager came out and really courted a player, saying how much extra he'd get paid etc then it would be. But what gets construed by fans as tapping up or harmful isn't. Players can get unsettled by the media, but that is when there is a continual stream of stories linking him with moves away. The point with maanagers discussing other players is that it is seriously naive to think that a player would learn of serious interst from other clubs that way.

Â