Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 50-50 with me, i respect Spurs for making a stand, but i think it will cost them in the future. I think they have a very unhappy player. One who rightly or wrongly think he's been cheated by Spurs. I dont think (going by the very little i know of his character) your going to get the best out of Modric this season, and maybe see him leaving for £10-15 million less next summer. Him wanting to pull out of the Citeh game and playing garbage tells me a bit about his character. Milner for instance was asked to play against West Ham last year and was excellent.

I think it would have been the best thing to take the £40 million deal, but we will see.

... Say wha? Meireles is a bloody good player. Chelsea's first choice target he may not have been, but a "significant downgrade" on Modrić he ain't.

This is obvious nonsense:

1) Chelsea were were prepared to bid 30m + Alex for Modric. This is far, far less than they were prepared to bid for Meireles, which speaks volumes.

2) If Meireles was that good, how come Liverpool sold him? And how come they sold him for for just 12m?

Meireles is a good player. but Modric is in a different class entirely.

Outside of a few argumentative delusionaries here on VT you'd be hard pushed to find a single fan who would claim that Meireles is on a par with Modric.

That wasn't the discussion being had though Glaston. If you look back, the phrase you used was "significant downgrade" and I believe that is what was being discussed.

Outside of a few argumentative delusionaries here on VT you'd be hard pushed to find a single fan who would claim that Meireles is on a par with Modric.

That wasn't the discussion being had though Glaston. If you look back, the phrase you used was "significant downgrade" and I believe that is what was being discussed.

Meireles is a significant downgrade and very obviously so.

Chelsea bid 30m + Alex for Modric, but ended up signing Meireles for 12m because they couldn't get Modric. That's an effective bid difference of at least 28m and probably more. The price differential alone speaks volumes ... and seeking Modric play last season as compared to Meireles should tell you even more.

Modric is one of the best 3 or 4 CMs in the Prem ... which is why Chelsea were desperate to get him. Meireles is far from being in that class, which is why Liverpool let him go.

1) Chelsea were were prepared to bid 30m + Alex for Modric. This is far, far less than they were prepared to bid for Meireles, which speaks volumes.

Nice that you admit that they'd have paid more for Meireles than Modric.

He'll be on in a minute saying only stats after the 60th minute in the game matter.

Events happening after the 60th minute ARE a significant downgrade on events in the first hour of the game. Outside of a few argumentative delusionaries here on VT you'd be hard pushed to find a single fan who would disagree with that.

Asking price and value are two different things.

True ... but not 28m different.

Listen fella, I think you are standing in a big **** glass building throwing stones when you start using the word delusional.

You are the one who seems to think football started in 1993, you are the one who has for a considerable amount of time come on here churning out bollocks like when you were telling us Dos Santos was going to be a star when he arrived or that Gomes would be one of the best keepers in the league.

You are delusional and you talk up every Spurs player and everything related to Spurs in such a way it is impossible to take your views seriously. There are plenty of 'away' fans on here who are respected for the views they hold and express even if people disagree with them such as Joey55 or Artetasgirl but it doesn't apply to you because we all know you vanish as soon as things go wrong and your delusional views are shown up for what they are.

Your post above is very typical, you are trying to call people delusional for a view I don't think anyone has expressed. Sorry it doesn't wash and doesn't fool anyone.

The point you made was that it was a "significant downgrade" and that is the point people have challenged you on, they have not said they think the players on the same level. So no you won't find any "delusionaries here on VT" claiming otherwise, the only delusional person in this thread is you.

Asking price and value are two different things.

True ... but not 28m different.

Listen fella, I think you are standing in a big **** glass building throwing stones when you start using the word delusional.

You are the one who seems to think football started in 1993, you are the one who has for a considerable amount of time come on here churning out bollocks like when you were telling us Dos Santos was going to be a star when he arrived or that Gomes would be one of the best keepers in the league.

You are delusional and you talk up every Spurs player and everything related to Spurs in such a way it is impossible to take your views seriously. There are plenty of 'away' fans on here who are respected for the views they hold and express even if people disagree with them such as Joey55 or Artetasgirl but it doesn't apply to you because we all know you vanish as soon as things go wrong and your delusional views are shown up for what they are.

Your post above is very typical, you are trying to call people delusional for a view I don't think anyone has expressed. Sorry it doesn't wash and doesn't fool anyone.

The point you made was that it was a "significant downgrade" and that is the point people have challenged you on, they have not said they think the players on the same level. So no you won't find any "delusionaries here on VT" claiming otherwise, the only delusional person in this thread is you.

Wait until steakandchips finds this thread. ;)

Â