Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I think you might be the one making the 'links' chap. ...

Is that right? Here's a just a tiny selection of the linkage made between facial appearance and dodgy/corrupt here on VT:

Jez_Villa: "The dodgy twitching ball bag is on the BBC tonight ..."

stevenavfc1874: "i couldnt stand that dodgy candlefaced prick in the champions league.... "

villadude: "They're hopefully compiling a huge case against twitchy, one he can't wriggle ... his way out of this time."

PaulMcgrathsknees:"twitchy melted candlewax face ... Two faced, lying, sneaky, corrupt ..."

granville: "40 grand is peanuts to a brown envelope passing rich bastard like Twitchy?"

You really don't get it do you? The twitchy face is just an easy thing to make fun of. That's not why we don't like him though. You suggested that most of our hatred is because of his appearance. That's bollocks.

He could look like Brad Pitt, hell he could look like Keeley Hazel, I'd still hate the dodgy, bung taking, mouth running, agent rimming, player tapping, club ruining, insult throwing, bbc hating, scattergun transferring, self loving, cockney speaking cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Some would say that FA cup has its value as well - it used to be one of the highest regarded tournament in football you know, and before Premier League started and created a set elite of clubs,Tottenham was the most winning team in its history."

No one had more than you for a 14 year period. Impressive but when no ones won more than you for a 78 year period I'd take a bit more notice.

"Also the UEFA cup and Cup winner cup wasn't any less difficult to win back then than the European cup before it turned into Champions League."

Incorrect. Cup competitions abroad aren't always taken seriously and the Uefa Cup was full of teams not good enough to win their league. You've only ever won the wooden spoon European competitions.

"Tottenham have always been a cup team, inconsistent and always entertaining."

I agree a cup team - it's in the big 2 competitions where you've failed overall.

"The glory team. The league honors at Tottenham isn't much to brag about for a club of Tottenham's size. I think most Spurs fans are aware of this, it's not where the club have made its fame to be honest."

I agree you've done well in some of the peripheral competitions.

"What's the point in this though, it's been gone through several ti

mes already in this thread alone. And soon you'll have Glaston here pointing out that most of Villa's trophies were won in ancient times when the ball was made of wood."

That's ok we've won more competitions from 1975 and bigger.

No moaning or comments from any Spurs fan will change overall and in totality we've won more major trophies and bigger major trophies. :D

The reasons people think Redknapp is dodgy because he was arrested for tax fraud recently, whether he was proved 'innocent' or not, it is still dodgy.

Oh and how he always speaks about other teams players.

Everybody KNOWS that Redknapp is dodgy. It's not even worth going into a debate about.

I think you might be the one making the 'links' chap. ...

Is that right? Here's a just a tiny selection of the linkage made between facial appearance and dodgy/corrupt here on VT:

Jez_Villa: "The dodgy twitching ball bag is on the BBC tonight ..."

stevenavfc1874: "i couldnt stand that dodgy candlefaced prick in the champions league.... "

villadude: "They're hopefully compiling a huge case against twitchy, one he can't wriggle ... his way out of this time."

PaulMcgrathsknees:"twitchy melted candlewax face ... Two faced, lying, sneaky, corrupt ..."

granville: "40 grand is peanuts to a brown envelope passing rich bastard like Twitchy?"

That's the best 5 quotes I've read in a long time...I didn't even have to search for them....A Spurs fan put them together for me to read and laugh at.

"Blows a kiss" Thanks.

The reasons people think Redknapp is dodgy because he was arrested for tax fraud recently, whether he was proved 'innocent' or not, it is still dodgy.

Oh and how he always speaks about other teams players.

Everybody KNOWS that Redknapp is dodgy. It's not even worth going into a debate about.

This.

The way he looks, like others have said, has nothing to do with the reason we dislike the guy.

You really don't get it do you? The twitchy face is just an easy thing to make fun of. That's not why we don't like him though. You suggested that most of our hatred is because of his appearance. That's bollocks.

... !

It's you who doesn't get it - why don't you try reading what I've said!

I haven't said he's disliked because of this appearance - I've said his appearance and twitch lends itself to accusations of being dodgy/corrupt. It's hardly a novel concept - people are often predudiced by appearances: look dodgy and many will assume your are dodgy.

... !

I haven't said he's disliked because of this appearance - I've said his appearance and twitch lends itself to accusations of being dodgy/corrupt. It's hardly a novel concept - people are often predudiced by appearances: look dodgy and many will assume your are dodgy.

I get what you mean fella... It's the same reason that people think you are a kunt based solely on your Kunty looking posts...

... he was arrested for tax fraud recently, whether he was proved 'innocent' or not, it is still dodgy.

Your comments just about sum up perfectly - and confirm - much of what I've said.

You've said that simply being charged with tax fraud makes him dodgy, regardless of whether or not he's found to be innocent.

You've also said that everybody just "knows" he's dodgy. I guess so - I mean, the twitch is such a dead giveaway - right?

So let's not bother with courts, judges, juries and evidence - let's just proceed straight to findiing him guilty regardless, preferably in front of a baying mob.

Sometimes I really do despair for the human race.

... !

I get what you mean fella... It's the same reason that people think you are a word removed based solely on your Kunty looking posts...

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

... !

I did read what you said

Glaston do you think Arry is a dodgy feck?

OK, 2nd time around, let me answer your question: the answer is "not particularly" and "not any more than the average manager."

Why? Because half the bias against him is simply because of his appearance and facial mannerisms - twitching etc

What we're saying is that has nothing to do with how we feel about him.

Even if you are making a differnet point, it's still bollocks. He's dodgy because he's dodgy. His melted face has nothing to do with it.

I'd be really annoyed about my facial twitch if it was causing police to launch dawn raids on my house and getting prosecutors to accuse me of £40k in tax evasion. I'd say "I'm not dodgy, it's just my facial twitch, don't be twitchist!".

... !

I did read what you said

Glaston do you think Arry is a dodgy feck?

OK, 2nd time around, let me answer your question: the answer is "not particularly" and "not any more than the average manager."

Why? Because half the bias against him is simply because of his appearance and facial mannerisms - twitching etc

What we're saying is that has nothing to do with how we feel about him.

Even if you are making a differnet point, it's still bollocks. He's dodgy because he's dodgy. His melted face has nothing to do with it.

I think you will find it does if Glaston says it does.

loads of Villa fans telling him it has nothing to do with it yet Glaston still sits and tells everyone it does.

Even all the Spurs fans I know think he is dodgy as ****

I get what you mean fella... It's the same reason that people think you are a word removed based solely on your Kunty looking posts...

Gosh ... how wonderfully clever, typing out your little insults.

This is bound to make you such a hero ... keep it it up, and keep practising with the awfully witty expletives, preferably on some random stranger in the street, face to face like. After all, a big brave man like you has no need to hide behind a keyboard.

Hasta la vista ....

... he was arrested for tax fraud recently, whether he was proved 'innocent' or not, it is still dodgy.

Your comments just about sum up perfectly - and confirm - much of what I've said.

You've said that simply being charged with tax fraud makes him dodgy, regardless of whether or not he's found to be innocent.

You've also said that everybody just "knows" he's dodgy. I guess so - I mean, the twitch is such a dead giveaway - right?

So let's not bother with courts, judges, juries and evidence - let's just proceed straight to findiing him guilty regardless, preferably in front of a baying mob.

Sometimes I really do despair for the human race.

Well if he was arrested there must have been something going on.

For example, if a member of the public was arrested for murder and went to court but wasn't proven guilty. Would you welcome him back into the community with open arms?

You know that afterwards, you'd be cautious being around him and therefore think he was 'dodgy'.

It doesn't matter if he was actually 100% innocent, people are still going to judge and think he's dodgy.

If it was the other way round and Redknapp managed Villa, I'm sure you'd say he's dodgy.

Spurs fans are turning the problem into his twitch to deflect criticism of him.

I don't even know why you are debating whether he's dodgy or not. If Redknapp was Villa manager I would just admit that he is dodgy but say I don't really care that much as long as he's doing a good job. Which I am sure is the case with you but you are in denial about it and then make out that you 'despair for the human race' because they're not saying something you agree with, despite it being fact.

Gosh ... how wonderfully clever, typing out your little insults.

This is bound to make you such a hero ... keep it it up, and keep practising with the awfully witty expletives, preferably on some random stranger in the street, face to face like. After all, a big brave man like you has no need to hide behind a keyboard.

Hasta la vista ....

Bless ya cotton socks...Ya got all upset n that ......ahhhhh

... Well if he was arrested there must have been something going on.

Yes, obviously, how could we ever doubt it.

As I've said, let's not bother with courts and all the rest of that time-wasting nonsense. It's an open and shut case.

Did I mention "no smoke without fire" earlier on? You know, I rather think I did.

Did I mention "no smoke without fire" earlier on? You know, I rather think I did.

I don't read through all of your posts Glaston, but if you did say that, then why are you debating that Redknapp is dodgy then.

You seem to contradict yourself constantly and you argue for arguments sake.

Â