Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

And for the record, it's not just Spurs fans that make that reference. I know for a fact that at least Man Utd and Chelsea fans do the same, and I'd imagine many other fans of other clubs joke about the same thing, they just don't chant it because they have no rivalry with Arsenal.

In any other walk of life chanting libelous slander at someone would be deemed offensive probably at law... why the heck does it become acceptable at a football ground? OK I know sometimes the chants are witty & funny at eg Steve Bruce (he just laughs & waves it away), but nevertheless no one

would get away with screaming abuse at someone like they do at a football ground.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redknapp has a good knowledge of young boys. In fact, it's said, he has plenty of videos on his computer of them.

That's from the previous page, took the whole of four seconds to find.

I think you'll find that's what's called a joke, a piece of not particularly witty wordplay based on the name of your opponents.

Presumably there's a similar reason why Spurs fans chant "Sit down you paedophile" at Arsene Wenger?

Oh what's that? There isn't? Oh.

It's no better/worse than the things people on here and at matches say about Harry Redknapp. Football fans getting sanctimonious about other fans chants is a but rich...

Redknapp has a good knowledge of young boys. In fact, it's said, he has plenty of videos on his computer of them.

That's from the previous page, took the whole of four seconds to find.

There is a difference between a joke based on word play and actually levelling an accusation at someone. Nobody on this site has made the accusation about Redknapp that you claim this post proves.

Any such claim and the person who made it would be delbt with by the moderators of this site. So please be a little more careful with the accusations that you throw around especially when they aren't supported by facts.

You on the other hand seem to be making the accusation that Wenger looks like one...

All fans have digs at people in the game ours included but don't try and compare a couple of obvious word play gags with the years and years of abuse your lot have directed at Wenger, there really is no comparison.

Great result for Spurs, how a club of their size can get away with only a 1-goal loss in the CL is one hell of an acheivment.

In all seriousness, they'll go through easily I reckon.

I think at half time, thats the most furious ive ever seen Redknob. He looked like he was seething!

Would not of liked being the left back or centre back in that dressing room.

They will ease through now, but they will count their lucky stars that Bernes finishing during the second half, could not match it during the first half.

I think at half time, thats the most furious ive ever seen Redknob. He looked like he was seething!

they said that on SSN, and even after id watched it on the loop 2/3 times i still couldnt see it

guess i just couldnt get past the usual picture i have in my head when it comes to arry

mainfast-500x176.jpg

According to Wikipedia Young Boys right back Scott Sutter played for Aston Villa youth. Moved to Grasshoppers at the age of 16 though, so can't have been with us for long.

Anyway, if Young Boys can pull off a result at WHL then I'll take pride in the fact that Villa contributed to Spur's downfall.

There is a difference between a joke based on word play and actually levelling an accusation at someone. Nobody on this site has made the accusation about Redknapp that you claim this post proves.

Any such claim and the person who made it would be delbt with by the moderators of this site. So please be a little more careful with the accusations that you throw around especially when they aren't supported by facts.

You on the other hand seem to be making the accusation that Wenger looks like one...

All fans have digs at people in the game ours included but don't try and compare a couple of obvious word play gags with the years and years of abuse your lot have directed at Wenger, there really is no comparison.

Your post loses a lot of its impact when not two posts later we get this one:

they said that on SSN, and even after id watched it on the loop 2/3 times i still couldnt see it

guess i just couldnt get past the usual picture i have in my head when it comes to arry

mainfast-500x176.jpg

Looking like you've had a stroke is not a crime though, it's an opinion that is not asserted as a fact. Being a paedophile most definitely is a very serious crime, and saying "you paedophile" at someone is asserting it as a fact. Very different.

Looking like you've had a stroke is not a crime though, it's an opinion that is not asserted as a fact. Being a paedophile most definitely is a very serious crime, and saying "you paedophile" at someone is asserting it as a fact. Very different.

Well I think you are splitting hairs.

Football fans of all clubs give abuse to figures they dislike. I don't think Spurs fans actually think Wenger is a paedophile, the are just idiots being abusive, like our fans do to Redknapp.

Football fans of all clubs give abuse to figures they dislike. I don't think Spurs fans actually think Wenger is a paedophile, the are just idiots being abusive, like our fans do to Redknapp.

Redknapp has had legal troubles and even court appearances over tax dodging. Wenger has had absolutely no link, no matter how small, to paedophilia. I hate Redknob but I'd never accuse him of paedophilia.

Redknapp has had legal troubles and even court appearances over tax dodging. Wenger has had absolutely no link, no matter how small, to paedophilia. I hate Redknob but I'd never accuse him of paedophilia.

This

I think you'll find LL the moderators might have a problem with harry being called a paedo on here because that is either considered slander or very close and likely to get the site into trouble, its also imo a step way over the line

Saying he looks like he's had a stroke isnt imo, no worse than calling bruce potato head

The line between what is acceptable and what isn't must be pretty damned thin then, some of the shit I've seen on here written about people you could argue is worse than calling someone a paedo!

Anyway, how Spurs didn't lose 6-0 last night I'll never know, he's a **** lucky git Redknapp, paedo or otherwise he's very very lucky.

The line between what is acceptable and what isn't must be pretty damned thin then, some of the shit I've seen on here written about people you could argue is worse than calling someone a paedo!

Such as?

I can't actually think of many things you could accuse someone of that's worse.

Such as?

Racist paedo. That's probably worse.

Such as?

again, amen to that brother

there is a difference between saying someone is a paedo/hits his wife/is having an affair and saying that someone looks like a stroke victim/has a big head/is a knuckle dragger

there is a huge difference between us chanting sit down potato head to bruce and them (if they do, cos ive never heard of it) chanting sit down you paedophile to wenger

Â