Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Spurs are going to find it hard to match last season with Liverpool likely to improve under their new manager and City have moved up a notch in the transfer window.

Amazing how Spurs getting in the top six for the 3rd time in 18 premier league seasons (15 out of 18 outside the top six) isn't put into it's wider context. They probably won't get so lucky again

:cheers:

1, That's because you're the only person that cares about that. As evidenced by the fact that you've brought it up about 25 times in this thread and everybody else ignored you.

Seriously, what possible bearing does league finishes in the 90s have on a team's ability to perform in the league now?

2, Spurs didn't get lucky last season. They finished 4th by being the better team throughout the season, and that's with the ridiculous amount of injuries the squad suffered.

City and Liverpool will improve, of course, but so will Spurs. Everybody wrote off Spurs for 4th place all through last season because City and Liverpool allegedly had better teams. But Spurs finished higher than them by playing better football and with the team having better team spirit and understanding of each other's game.

Spurs finished on 70 points last season, if they hit that number again this season, they'll finish in the top 4, regardless of what any other team does.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70 points has been enough to finish in the top four on every season of the Premier League's existence. I don't see that changing next season.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Still its not guarenteed. The best are getting better and the worst well lets just say the gap is getting bigger and bigger off the pitch and sooner or later that is going to be reflected in the points totals.

70 points has been enough to finish in the top four on every season of the Premier League's existence. I don't see that changing next season.

Oh by the way, this is total bollocks.

In the following years 70 points wouldn't have got top 4.

92/93

93/94

94/95

01/02

07/08

08/09

So I guess you just made that little stat up to support your case. :lol:

92/93

93/94

94/95

01/02

07/08

08/09

What. I'm absolutely sure I read last season that 68 points was always enough for fourth place.

I take that back then, my bad.

"Seriously, what possible bearing does league finishes in the 90s have on a team's ability to perform in the league now?"

You can't have it both ways :lol:

92/93

93/94

94/95

01/02

07/08

08/09

What. I'm absolutely sure I read last season that 68 points was always enough for fourth place.

I take that back then, my bad.

Spurs fan in 'making things up to suit their own argument' shocker :shock:

Players City brought in with no Prem experience before this season:

De Jong

Kompany

Robinho

Players done this season:

Silva

Yaya

Boateng

I make that 6 players without Premiership experience in the last 4 years.

I make it considerably more. You've left out:

Kolarov

Zabaleta

Garrido

Caicedo

Giraldo

... plus doubtless one or two more before the summer is over.

Moreover, many of the ones brought in that have needed (or will need) to adjust to the Prem - and gel with team - are intended to be first XI players rather than just squad cover.

Your likely first XI this coming season will include at least 4 players (and probably more) who've not yet kicked a ball in the Prem, far less gelled with their City team-mates: Silva, Boateng, Y.Toure and Kolarov.

In contrast, as things stand right now at least, the Spurs best XI contains no players with less than 2 years Prem experience, with most having considerably more.

You may not think this matters much, but I do. And it's one reason why I think City will finish 4th at the very best - and only then given a lot of luck.

Who's Giraldo Glaston??

Got it all from wiki - admittedly he doesn't appear to be important squad member for City, but he has made 49 appearances for them.

No, no he hasn't.

Unless Citeh have been fielding 2 GKs since January and magically making a lot of new fixtures appear since then too.

Who's Giraldo Glaston??

Got it all from wiki - admittedly he doesn't appear to be important squad member for City, but he has made 49 appearances for them.

No, no he hasn't.

Unless Citeh have been fielding 2 GKs since January and magically making a lot of new fixtures appear since then too.

Yes, sorry, you're right. I clicked on the wrong wiki link. He joined them in January and so far has made no appearances.

Â