Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are far from there yet ...

Very, very true.

At best we are currently very marginal favourites, but that position can (and probably will) change almost game by game.

Personally I think the next match for Spurs (Sunderland away) is the most key game out of all Spurs' remaining fixtures. Win that, and the psychological pressure on the other 3 contenders will become massive: they will all then be thinking that all of their remaining games become absolute "must wins" ... and playing under that sort of pressure tends not to produce good performances.

Not only this, but a win against Sunderland will considerably ease the pressure on Spurs going into our "3 tough fixtures" against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. Utd.

It won't be easy to beat Sunderland, and we could lose. But Huddlestone is now back, Defoe will also be back for that game and Palacios will also be available (tho' 1 more yellow card in the next 2 games and he'll be banned for 2 games).

Agree on the Sunderland game.

You've won your last five league games so the law of averages suggests to me you obviously won't keep on winning sooner or later as very few teams who aren't champions standard win 6 or 7 prem games in a row.

i hope darren bent stuffs them. spurs fans are gloating already. fools still a long way to go yet

Do you think if you post that it make is true? Spurs fans are certainly not gloating. Amongst all fan bases there will be differeing opinions, but the majority of Spurs fans remain very uncertain as to where we will finish this season. We've got every reason to be confident, but are fully aware that we have the toughest run in and that Liverpool are beginning to find form. I understand that for some reason alot of Villa fans on this messageboard have a problem with Spurs and Redknapp, but why make shit up? It's as if you need to convince yourself of reasons why you have this dislike for Spurs. If you don't like us, fair enough. I don't have a problem with that and fully understand as there are clubs I dislike for no rational reason, but I don't see why you need to post rubbish like we are gloating, when it's not true. Yes you'll be able to find occassional examples of over confident fans, but there will be just as many Man City and Liverpool fans who think the same about their teams chances.

Do you think if you post that it make is true? Spurs fans are certainly not gloating. Amongst all fan bases there will be differeing opinions, but the majority of Spurs fans remain very uncertain as to where we will finish this season. We've got every reason to be confident, but are fully aware that we have the toughest run in and that Liverpool are beginning to find form. I understand that for some reason alot of Villa fans on this messageboard have a problem with Spurs and Redknapp, but why make shit up? It's as if you need to convince yourself of reasons why you have this dislike for Spurs. If you don't like us, fair enough. I don't have a problem with that and fully understand as there are clubs I dislike for no rational reason, but I don't see why you need to post rubbish like we are gloating, when it's not true. Yes you'll be able to find occassional examples of over confident fans, but there will be just as many Man City and Liverpool fans who think the same about their teams chances.

listen dont come on a villa site and start preaching that im " making shit up". do you know me? no. do you know my spurs mates no? so dont accuse me of making things up when clearly you have no idea what your talking about

i know alot of spurs fans and they think they will finish 4th snd they are gloating already. dont start telling me what to do on a villa fan site, if you ahve a problem with what i say leave

listen dont come on a villa site and start preaching that im " making shit up". do you know me? no. do you know my spurs mates no? so dont accuse me of making things up when clearly you have no idea what your talking about

i know alot of spurs fans and they think they will finish 4th snd they are gloating already. dont start telling me what to do on a villa fan site, if you ahve a problem with what i say leave

Go visit Bluemoon. Read all the posts from the City fans that are sure they're going to finish 4th. A large amount of them are extremely confident.

Then go visit RAWK. Read all the posts from the Liverpool fans that still believe they'll go and win every game from now on and take 4th. There aren't as many of them as City have but there are still a great number of confident Liverpool fans considering they are quite far behind.

Then go visit Spurscommunity. Read the few posts from fans that think Spurs will finish 4th. Then read all the others that think City or Liverpool will finish 4th.

Spurs fans, by and large, have been the least confident of finishing 4th for the past few months. Up until recently, a lot of Villa fans on this very forum were more confident of finishing 4th than Spurs fans.

And the proof is in the forums. Now your Spurs supporting mates may very well be gloating, I'm not calling you a liar. But a couple of your Spurs mates don't represent Spurs fans on the whole. Not even close, actually.

It'd be like me saying how Villa fans in February were gloating about winning two cups and finishing 4th because two of my Villa supporting workmates were giving it the big one before the Man Utd game.

You didn't say specific fans you knew, but generalised that Spurs fans were gloating. This isn't represenative of Spurs fans in general. The fact it is a Villa site is irrelevant. I don't think there is a stipulation that only Villa fans are allowed to join this forum. And also the Spurs fans that are members here and post in this thread all behave well. If the mods decide we are causing trouble and deliberately trying to shit stir and ask us to leave then fair enough, but I don't think it's upto you to tell me to leave if i don't agree with something you say, simply because you are a Villa fan and this is a Villa forum. I'm sure there are plenty of Villa fans that disagree with you on a number of topics concerning Villa, so i can't see why i shouldn't feel free to post if a I disagree with what you've said about the club i support.

You didn't say specific fans you knew, but generalised that Spurs fans were gloating. This isn't represenative of Spurs fans in general. The fact it is a Villa site is irrelevant. I don't think there is a stipulation that only Villa fans are allowed to join this forum. And also the Spurs fans that are members here and post in this thread all behave well. If the mods decide we are causing trouble and deliberately trying to shit stir and ask us to leave then fair enough, but I don't think it's upto you to tell me to leave if i don't agree with something you say, simply because you are a Villa fan and this is a Villa forum. I'm sure there are plenty of Villa fans that disagree with you on a number of topics concerning Villa, so i can't see why i shouldn't feel free to post if a I disagree with what you've said about the club i support.

Meh. You are arguing an argument that does not exist. :lol:

Go visit Bluemoon. Read all the posts from the City fans that are sure they're going to finish 4th. A large amount of them are extremely confident.

Then go visit RAWK. Read all the posts from the Liverpool fans that still believe they'll go and win every game from now on and take 4th. There aren't as many of them as City have but there are still a great number of confident Liverpool fans considering they are quite far behind.

id rather poke my eyes out than read a spurs forum as i have no interest in spurs. my interest is villa.

It'd be like me saying how Villa fans in February were gloating about winning two cups and finishing 4th because two of my Villa supporting workmates were giving it the big one before the Man Utd game.

like i said in my above post i was refering to all the spurs fans i know why the hell do i have to answer to you for anyway? your a guest on OUR forum

god get a grip!! stop arguing over nothing i ahve explained my point so if you still wnat to argue it feel free to

you are a guest on a villa forum dont try style it and turn it around on me when i clearly stated it was spurs i knew afterwards. so whats your problem? if you dont like what we post leave no-one is forcing you to read it.

id rather poke my eyes out than read a spurs forum as i have no interest in spurs. my interest is villa.

Yet you keep coming into and posting in a Spurs thread? :lol:

like i said in my above post i was refering to all the spurs fans i know why the hell do i have to answer to you for anyway? your a guest on OUR forum

It's not YOUR forum. YOU are also a GUEST to the OWNER's forum. Just as I am. It's a PUBLIC forum for the discussion of all things related to Aston Villa, football in general and pretty much anything else.

I have just as much a right to post here as you do until someone in a position of power decides otherwise.

And if your only interest is Villa, why don't you just stick to the Villa Talk section so you can avoid all discussions about those evil Tottenham players/manager/owners/fans?

Yet you keep coming into and posting in a Spurs thread?

and your coming onto a vilal site to discuss spurzzzzzzzzzzzz robs right with his picture tahst for sure, your sending me to sleep with your responses

It's not YOUR forum. YOU are also a GUEST to the OWNER's forum. Just as I am. It's a PUBLIC forum for the discussion of all things related to Aston Villa, football in general and pretty much anything else.

I have just as much a right to post here as you do until someone in a position of power decides otherwise.

this is a villa forum for villa fans, aree you a villa fan? no. so you are a guest on OUR site so stop trying to wind us up before we say :wave: to you

Assuming that Villa have now blown their chances (though i do have some hope still) then I think it's really important that Spurs are the team who get in that spot.

Not getting 4th will be devastating to Liverpool who have the structure and standing that needs to be fed by Champions League money and prestige. Torres has said he is committed but when it comes down to it we'll see. Same for Gerrard. Benitez will certainly lose support from the owners, fans and maybe players but remains almost unsackable due to his huge contract. While the owners relationship should only deteriorate further with the additional financial worries a failure to qualify would bring.

Man City simply need to be slowed as much and for as long as possible. The only way to do so is deny them Champions League football and hope they end up with a squad full of talented but volatile mercenaries rather than becoming a credible european power. If they get in the top 4, it will be hard to get them out. At least until there are any rule changes on spending.

Spurs are the best of a bad bunch and the same as if we get in. Whilst it will strengthen us, there is a possibility of not progressing far at all, maybe not even past qualifying ala Everton a few years back.

Spurs getting it leaves the most open field for next year. Hopefully causing serious discontent at Man City and Liverpool at the same time.

Spurs fans are known for being amongst the most deluded in football (hence their nickname of Newcastle of the South)

For 17 premier league seasons we've heard about how great Spurs are and what they're going to do!

In over 70% of them you've finished below Villa so a lot of Spurs fans, generally, aren't taken seriously!

I've heard lots of Spurs fans crowing about Spurs getting 4th place - I just hope for their sake they don't end up with egg on their face!

Certainly no trophies for 4th place but we've comfortably had more top 1, top 2, top 3, top 4, top 5, top 6, top 7 and top 8 finishes than Spurs it would be great if there was!

Spurs fans will always predict themselves to do very well. Once a decade they probably will finish above us and say "I told you so". But for the other 9 years they just come out with excuses as to why they are average.

Spurs are the lesser of 3 evils at the moment.

Liverpool I obviously hate and I think without CL football they will lose some players, hopefully Torres and Gerrard. Then they are right back with the pack.

Man City have the Barry factor and the fact that IMO, if they crack the top 4 they may not come out of it for a long, long time because of their finances.

If it's not going to be us, begrudgingly it has to be Spuds.

Â