The dugout!

sparey16

Should it change?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should it change?

• Yes
    • No

Was having this conversation with the bloke next to me in upper holte on Saturday.

What do you think regarding the dug out, should it be kept like it is, so the bench and normal plastic seats?

Or posh racing, comfy seats like at Old Trafford.

Personally id rather it be kept as it is, because the players arent meant to be enjoying their time on the bench and should want to play, however this guy said it makes the ground look crap...

whats your view?

I'm more bothered about what opposition players and management think. Do they think our dugout is a disgustingly cramped and uncomfortable throwback to the 20th century, a total embarrassment, bringing memories of players with 1930s hairstyles and fans on the terraces gobbing lukewarm Bovril at them from behind?

They do?

Good. Keep it as it is then.

I'm more bothered about what opposition players and management think. Do they think our dugout is a disgustingly cramped and uncomfortable throwback to the 20th century, a total embarrassment, bringing memories of players with 1930s hairstyles and fans on the terraces gobbing lukewarm Bovril at them from behind?

They do?

Good. Keep it as it is then.

I can't believe I actually agree with something sled has written

Jeez, can't believe the 'small club syndrome' here.

Of course we need to get Rocaro seats in and have a proper players and coaches area.

Isn't this just another case of upgrading our stadium or do we want to stay down there with the wannabies ?

Jeez, can't believe the 'small club syndrome' here.

Of course we need to get Rocaro seats in and have a proper players and coaches area.

Isn't this just another case of upgrading our stadium or do we want to stay down there with the wannabies ?

Ah yes posh seats for the subs, nothing says ambition like posh seats.

Uncomfortable rusty seats in the dugout.

In the passage leading to the pitch some nice old prints over on the opposition side of players being stretchered off with a coat over their head after a butchering by Frank Barson, George Curtis or Andy Lochhead.

Something like 'This is Anfield' but much more macabre and threatening.

Dear old Albert, the 88-year-old Visitors' Dressing Room Attendant, snot streaming from his nose, nice clean white coat already soiled by the afternoon's first three attacks of diarrhea. No, change that to dear old Douglas, well it'd give the old duffer something to do.

His young protege Noel Blake looking after their belongings during the match.

A dressing Room Ghost.

A personal handshake and smile from Craig Gardner.

Loud Black Sabbath music as they come out on to the pitch.

Make Villa Park a fortress. The dugout is already in place.