Primeira Liga

Mister_Master

Congrats to Benfica.

Looking at the last page, how much will Juventus, Fiorentina and Napoli raise the Italy co-efficent this year?

As it stands, Italy put 10 points worth of distance between them and Portugal (and 5.5 closer to passing England).

Coefficient table for just this season (posting from mobile so no numbers):

Spain

Italy

Germany

England

France

Ukraine

Russia

Belgium

Portugal

Switzerland

I asked him and he did indeed see a ton of total madness in the streets of Lisbon last night. I suppose it adds insult to injury that Porto lost the title playing Beleneses, so I expect all the Benfica fans went to Belem for title-beers and a laugh.

I asked him and he did indeed see a ton of total madness in the streets of Lisbon last night. I suppose it adds insult to injury that Porto lost the title playing Beleneses, so I expect all the Benfica fans went to Belem for title-beers and a laugh.

It was chaotic. They ended the celebration earlier than expected because there were some confrontations between the police and Benfica supporters.

This friday Maritimo will face Benfica at the League Cup final, and sunday Sporting will face Braga for the Portuguese cup.

It was chaotic. They ended the celebration earlier than expected because there were some confrontations between the police and Benfica supporters.

This friday Maritimo will face Benfica at the League Cup final, and sunday Sporting will face Braga for the Portuguese cup.

Blimey those two finals are a bit close together, like having the league cup final 48 hours before F.A cup here. I quite like that idea actually. 

How would it have worked if the same team had made both finals?

I saw Ryan Gauld play a few cup games for Sporting but he wasn't involved in their cup win at the weekend. Has he played any league games for them?

He either stayed at the bench or played for the reserves team. He rarely played with Marco Silva.

Meanwhile, Benfica announced that stopped negotiations with Jesus and Sporting fired Marco Silva.

Â